[Maybe a bug?] Belranga, sudden death of the Crystal Empress

Anarath

Question

Just defeated the Crystal Empress on my 5th try.

To me it seemed like a game of endurance. Keeping a tank alive on her while the rest of the team gets the spider caves down.

When the caves were destroyed my team was barely able to do anything anymore. They burned all their abilities and consumables - except for 2-3 things.

Belranga was at around 60-65% of life at the time.

It didn't look like I could manage to kill her that way. At any given point in time she could easily kill my tank (thanks to her stacking buffs and me being out of heals) and then lay waste to the rest of the adventurers.

Had a bunch of summoned shadows to my aid. They were teleporting all over the place – from her front to her rear and back again.

Xoti got Veilpiercer with the enchantment to be able to cleanse an area. I used the cleansing on Belranga, hit her and got additional effects.

The next thing that came to the combat log was "Serafen killed Belranga". He had Disintegration on her and just finished casting Defensive Mindweb.

Her death came sudden. And I have no clue what exactly happened.

It first looked like she was going to jump or something like that, then her big spider body just disappeared and a loot bag dropped.

Disintegration might've just ... disintegrated her. But as far as I could see it she wasn't low on health. Nothing close to dying.

So, I'm left irritated about the kill and wondering if it may have been a bug.

The attached screens from the combat log are in german, sorry. But maybe still worth to have a look at it.

post-172150-0-64589800-1538052674_thumb.jpg

post-172150-0-06177000-1538052682_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

May be that you removed a certain buff from Belranga with Veilpiercer.

This "buff" might be crucial for her - and once removed this bug with infinite dmg can happen.

My guess is that you removed a special effect (that makes her so unique) which is not supposed to be removed - and that OBS simply forgot about Veilpiercer (or suppression in general).

Just a wild guess though.

But I remember the good old PoE1 days where you could remove a dragon's immunities with Arcane Dampener - that was also not intended and got fixed pretty soon. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

on the side note: can you post the loot she drops?

Contemplating if shes actually worth the trouble.

I'm only able to get her down to 25% (near death) through conventional means and several tries. That's after I've already after exhausted all my supplies and spells.

Such a pain in the neck, I just want to see the LOOT. lol - would be a great help

Obviously (SPOILERS)

Hi Anarath,

We'd like to look into your issue with your particular party setup. Could you please provide us with your save file with the party composition you used to defeat Belranga? You can either provide your save file via a Dropbox link or email us at support@obsidian.com with your save file attached. If you do email us, please link this forum post and provide your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Thanks!

Hi Anarath,

We'd like to look into your issue with your particular party setup. Could you please provide us with your save file with the party composition you used to defeat Belranga? You can either provide your save file via a Dropbox link or email us at support@obsidian.com with your save file attached. If you do email us, please link this forum post and provide your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Thanks!

The only save game I have from around that time is right after the kill of Belranga.

You will probably be able to revive her via the console if needed.

I uploaded the file to my webspace: PoE2_Savegame.zip

Edited by Anarath