Frequent one second freezing

frank_jerry

Question

Hello,

I am really enjoying the game so far but I am having an issue where I get frequent freezing for a second at a time. The freeze feels like something is loading from the SSD. A similar effect to when you quick save. This mostly happens during combat and it really brings me out of the immersion. The sound does not cut out but everything else freezes for a second.

I already fixed a similar issue where I would get constant stuttering outside of combat every 30 seconds to a minute. This was fixed by following the steps from a guide to fix NVIDIA issues that was linked from this forum: In game vertical sync off, in game AA off, triple buffering on etc.

I actually had a similar issue with the first game, so it could be the engine? I don't have any issues with any other game at the moment.

I played the previous game on a different machine except for the SSD, could be SSD/Hard drive related?

Thank you.

Specs

• Intel i5 7600k
  • Nvidia 1080 gtx
  • 16gb RAM DDR 4 2400 ghz
  • Samsung SSD setup with intel RST

3 answers to this question

Hi frank_jerry,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this peculiar performance issue. I suggest making sure that your graphics and OS drivers are up to date. Also, please try verifying the integrity of your game files. If your issue still persists, I recommend lowering your graphics settings and playing in Windowed mode at a lower resolution.

In the meantime, could you please send us your DxDiag and output log files so that we may investigate your issue further? You can either attach these files to your post or you can email us at support@obsidian.com with your files attached. If you do email us, please link this forum post and provide your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have done all of the above and still have issues.

I have attached my DxDiag file. Please remove it if there is anything sensitive in there.  :)

My steam output log for POE2 is 400mb+, I can share this by email if you need.

Cheers.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by frank_jerry