Downgrading/Disenchanting of quality and unique gear.

cloudblade70

Question

23 answers to this question

My own example, have been seeing this with a lot of weapons and armor: 

m8mipz.jpg

Quick edit: Just replayed the same fight, and a *different* subset of exceptional items from the loot is now "normal" in quality. The below Arquebus is appropriately "exceptional."

Edited by cloudblade70

Hi cloudblade70,

We are currently investigating this issue and we'd greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with your save file. You can either provide your save via a Dropbox link in this post or you can email us at support@obsidian.com with your save file attached. If you do email us, please link this forum post and provide your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

We'd also like to know the following:

• Do you have any Berath's Blessings enabled?
  • What difficulty are you playing on?
  • What fight are you replaying to test these items?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Uploaded my file to Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yduyhc1sya5tv6x/Steele%20%28DeadfireArchipelago%29%20%289a0e1d09-f7d7-421c-a8c8-6cca0adf951a%29%20%28LAX-12ABCDEF%29%20%28930593890%29.savegame?dl=0

- I do not have any Berath's Blessings enabled.

- I am currently playing with Berath's and Skaen's challenges enabled, so it is PotD.

- I was testing the fight on the island where you get the Magistrate's Cudgel, but it's not that fight only. Almost all fights drop 1-2 randomly bricked items. You can see once you access my save file that I have several in my inventory.

Hope this helps! Thanks for replying and looking into it.

• Like 1

Just happened to me again. In Berkana's Observatory. Multiple dropped items are bricked for me, including a ring of minor protection and gloves of greater reliability:

2uogg87.jpg

Here are some additional saves:

- Quicksave before the first fight: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yfepsbqb3qhjhh/Steele%20%289a0e1d09-f7d7-421c-a8c8-6cca0adf951a%29%20%28LAX-12ABCDEF%29%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

- Hard save after the first fight, with multiple bricked items in inventory (sort by recent): https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8mtsdiu3cgnmrz/Steele%20%28BekarnasObservatory%29%20%289a0e1d09-f7d7-421c-a8c8-6cca0adf951a%29%20%28LAX-12ABCDEF%29%20%28931066320%29.savegame?dl=0

Anyway, I'm super tired, so haven't had the chance to replay this fight to see if different items are bricked the second time. But it's super annoying to spend 10+ minutes on a fight and then to have to replay it because some unique/magic items are bricked  :banghead:

In my opinion, this should be a high priority fix, because if someone has the challenges enabled and mods thus disabled, and routinely clicks take all loot after fights and doesn't look through their loot and/or notice a bricked item until several fights later, then they may be permanently screwed on their current playthrough if certain unique items are bricked and they don't have a prior save. Anyway, best of luck and godspeed on finding the problem!

Edited by cloudblade70

Keep trying, the items will eventually drop correctly. I had to do Berkana’s Observatory at least three times.

Being an optimist, I tried the fight again several times. The same bricked items keep dropping, including the ring and gauntlet. Out of all the bugs I've experienced so far, this one has really turned me off playing the game, I've completely lost interest. I'll probably come back once this bug is fixed or even wait until the final expansion and/or version 4.0 is out. It just feels too unpolished in it's current state.

Hi cloudblade70,

We are currently investigating this issue and we'd greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with your save file. You can either provide your save via a Dropbox link in this post or you can email us at support@obsidian.com with your save file attached. If you do email us, please link this forum post and provide your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

We'd also like to know the following:

• Do you have any Berath's Blessings enabled?
  • What difficulty are you playing on?
  • What fight are you replaying to test these items?

Thanks!

I'll send you my save as well.  I have this on at least 3 items that I've noticed.

* I have 53 points of BB's active, including one of the new ones -- Loaded Pockets.

* I'm playing on PotD, scaling all, only up.

* I've seen this happen with the Ezzali Bardatto fight and Beina (didn't replay the first one, but have a save right before the start of the second).

Just tried to send the save, but emailing "support@obsidian.com" is bouncing with "user unknown". Unless I'm going crazy, that's the address you gave above, yes? Oh well -- time for bed :).

I have sent some other bug reports to “support@obsidian.net” and received a response. Maybe try that address, as I think the developer who responded above made a typo.

I saw that there was a small patch released today (v3.0.1.0026) but did not see any mention of fixing this issue. However, I decided to try out the Berkana's Observatory fight again and no items were dropped that were bricked, amazingly enough. All of my items in my inventory I had that were already bricked remained as such, but this is still promising. I haven't had the chance to do any other fights yet to see if I was just lucky with this fight, or maybe there was a ninja hotfix?  :dancing:

Anyone else still experiencing this bug?

Edited by cloudblade70

Just tried to send the save, but emailing "support@obsidian.com" is bouncing with "user unknown". Unless I'm going crazy, that's the address you gave above, yes? Oh well -- time for bed :).

I have sent some other bug reports to “support@obsidian.net” and received a response. Maybe try that address, as I think the developer who responded above made a typo.

Thanks, that did the trick.  Not sure if it is fixed or not, but I fired off my save game just in case it helps.

I've had this problem a lot. I was going to let it slide for a while as it was only robbing me of cash for lack of quality on items, but I've now completed the fourth of Dessiral's bounties and find myself with four unique items with no special properties and no real value. I couldn't be totally certain but it seemed to kick in with v3.0x. I'm only playing in normal mode and I think I only have the "extra 5k" and "bonus skills" blessings in effect. Is there any prospect of this getting sorted out because at this rate I can't see how I'm ever going to able to afford one of those pimped up super yachts that I've had my eye on! 

This will be fixed in v3.1.  We're pretty sure it's related to gibbing the character dropping the items, which happens if your last hit is a critical hit.

If you have items that were affected by this bug in your save, they'll be fixed up when you load your save after the patch.

• Like 7

This will be fixed in v3.1.  We're pretty sure it's related to gibbing the character dropping the items, which happens if your last hit is a critical hit.

If you have items that were affected by this bug in your save, they'll be fixed up when you load your save after the patch.

Excellent news. Thanks!

It's kind of funny, actually, that a character exploding on screen would degrade his items. On that note, would a temporary fix until 3.1 is released be to turn off the kill cam?

Edited by cloudblade70

*Comes back after months of waiting to have a complete and stellar playthrough experience*

Unique items ruined when you crit-kill the creature that has them.

Response: "Oh yeah that game ruining bug will be fixed on the next major patch."

I am sorry if I am exaggerating here but isn't this something that needs to be addressed rather quickly with a hotfix or something? Am I missing something - maybe 3.1 is right around the corner, expected to be released in a week's time? Sorry if that's the case, it's my fault to have been misinformed. 

Again I know I must be sounding a little entitled here, and I apologise. It's such a bummer to have this kind of a bug at this moment of time though, sorry to say but rather disappointing. 

We're pretty sure it's related to gibbing the character dropping the items, which happens if your last hit is a critical hit.

I crit alot! lol

Anyways, I have this too

No Berath Blessing

Vetern

Concelhaunt Battle (always) and various (rare) other places. Not enough to affect gameplay.

Having the same issue with multiple items. Most recently, the Chameon's Touch ring shows up with its background story and no buffs or attributes. Many exceptional weapons and armor also fail to have correct attributes. They act like and sell as lowest quality items. 

post-207703-0-70128100-1538917758_thumb.jpg

Excellent news. Thanks!

It's kind of funny, actually, that a character exploding on screen would degrade his items. On that note, would a temporary fix until 3.1 is released be to turn off the kill cam?

No, turning off the kill cam won't prevent characters from being gibbed.

I am sorry if I am exaggerating here but isn't this something that needs to be addressed rather quickly with a hotfix or something? Am I missing something - maybe 3.1 is right around the corner, expected to be released in a week's time? Sorry if that's the case, it's my fault to have been misinformed. 

Again I know I must be sounding a little entitled here, and I apologise. It's such a bummer to have this kind of a bug at this moment of time though, sorry to say but rather disappointing.

Yes, this is a pretty serious bug. We're now planning a hotfix patch before 3.1.
  • Like 2