It’s really 1 per point.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So who among us is thinking this will be left untouched?

Frankly, I don't think it's as good as it may sound at first.

If you want it to be better than Devil of Caroc's Breastplate in a way that makes some difference, you need 20 in Atheltics. That's something you can only attain late game, or by playing a Fighter with Berath's Blessings and a the adra potion (in which case, you get it mid game.) Even then, a -20% is what DoC's breastplate had when the game was released, and it wasn't gated behind a series of high-level arena fights.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Any idea on what level is optimal to start the latest DLC content? Should it be later than the old DLC content?

The skill check events require values that range deep into midgame. From what I've heard, you need to be past ashen maw which sounds about right where the difficulty is at though the actual difficulty of the trials can range to endgame.

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

I really wish they would stop adding sabres and start giving us more scepters, maces and the such.

Not that I hate sabres or anything (and I understand that they fit the theme of the game very well) but we still have some weapon types with very few choices and these DLCs would be the ideal moment to add something to them.

I imagine The Forgotten Sanctum will add a number of wands, scepters, and rods to the game.

• Like 1

Is the Kahako Nihi bugged for anyone else? I "receive" it at the end of the associated crucible fight (can't remember which) and then it's not in my inventory. Done that fight 3 times, reloaded and tried to pick the drops individually rather than "Take all and continue". Nothing worked.

Did anyone actually receive this armour?

Is the Kahako Nihi bugged for anyone else? I "receive" it at the end of the associated crucible fight (can't remember which) and then it's not in my inventory. Done that fight 3 times, reloaded and tried to pick the drops individually rather than "Take all and continue". Nothing worked.

I've actually had this happen to me and had to repeat the fight for it, but I was able to loot it then.  Have you tried placing it in a personal inventory?

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

I've actually had this happen to me and had to repeat the fight for it, but I was able to loot it then.  Have you tried placing it in a personal inventory?

I believe you are not being given that option in the Crucible fights. Will try to figure out what went wrong next playthrough, I guess.

Btw: do you remember which challenge was it?

Can people post screens of the new items ?

Are some of them cool looking ?

Like the new armor that gives %recovery or the champion helm.

Can't play, i'm having big performance issues on the game since the last patch. The game freeze hard during fights and makes my pc crash lol. 

Anyway, if someone would be really nice and screen those items i would be very grateful  :biggrin:

The armor is very tribal. I personally would never wear it. Likewise the helm, which looks like a colored boar head.

The new rapier, flail, war bow, and sabre all look pretty good though, IMO.

The armor is very tribal. I personally would never wear it. Likewise the helm, which looks like a colored boar head..

HEW

Thanks for the descriiption, it's enough for not wanting to see more of it, looks like i'll stick to devil of caroc armor then.

I'd like a viable plate armor for a dps tho :( i miss the durgan steel from POE1 :(

Also a knightly unique helm would be cool. A boar helm erf :/

• Like 1

The armor is very tribal. I personally would never wear it. Likewise the helm, which looks like a colored boar head..

HEW

Thanks for the descriiption, it's enough for not wanting to see more of it, looks like i'll stick to devil of caroc armor then.

I'd like a viable plate armor for a dps tho :( i miss the durgan steel from POE1 :(

Also a knightly unique helm would be cool. A boar helm erf :/

The helm that looks like a boar is the soulbound one (survivor tusks).

The champion helm bears attributes from the three aspects of Towamohai. It is shaped like a panther head (slayer) , with tusks (survivor), and 8 spidery legs (seeker) that are prolonged by a mane.

In my opinion, it actually looks very good. Unfortunately it has a "tribal" inspiration, which does not fit any of the characters (or my watcher), and I like them to wear something that matches their profile.

However, if you are into fashion, you can pair it with the Watershaper Robe, the Kapana Taga and Mundane Shell to achieve that perfect Aztec champion look.

So I made a (club) Devoted/Barbarian Island Aumaua hireling wearing this equipement, and had fun with him in arena fights  :grin:

• 4 weeks later...