Black screen on launch since update

BirbMan3000

Question

Hello!

Just installed the new update. Yesterday, I could play the game just fine without any issues - now, my screen is black whenever I launch the game (although the Steam overlay still works on it, funnily enough). Game isn't irresponsibe according to the MS Task Manager.

My system specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8750 (6 cores / 4.1gHZ max)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (2GB)

16GB RAM

I've attached the DxDiag file I just created for this.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Hi BirbMan3000,

Sorry youre having this issue. I see you tried to attach your dxdiag to this bug but I am not seeing it :(. If youre having issues, some players have had success with placing the files on a shared drive and posting a link to it. 

Additionally, have you tried Verifying your game file integrity? This can be done by right-clicking the game in steam, going to local files, and selecting Verify Integrity.

Hope this helps!

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

It didn't - but it's a solution I didn't come across while looking for a fix online, so thank you! Hope it works for others with similar issues!

Hi BirbMan3000,

Sorry youre having this issue. I see you tried to attach your dxdiag to this bug but I am not seeing it :(. If youre having issues, some players have had success with placing the files on a shared drive and posting a link to it. 

Additionally, have you tried Verifying your game file integrity? This can be done by right-clicking the game in steam, going to local files, and selecting Verify Integrity.

Hope this helps!

-Caleb

Verifying the game files for integrity, however, did! I feel like a right fool for forgetting about that, haha. Thanks a ton! Glad I can continue playing, now :D

No need to post the dxdiag now, I suppose, although I am rather proud of the 23:23:23 timestamp in there :p