[OPINION] New DLC items are beautiful and useless

I have installed new Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC and checked all new items with console... I don't understand what the problem with Obsidian. They added incredibly beautiful armor and weapon but most of these items are useless. 

Check on attached screenshot:

post-173067-0-27426300-1537903491_thumb.jpg

1. Head - 2 Perception, Charm all beast for 15s on beast kill
2. Armor - There no-legendary version of this armor
3. Weapon - When War Bow's modal activated this bow has 75% chance to Distract near death target, 30% chance  on CRIT, to attack all enemies on line with 

4. Cape - Primary attack riposte with 10% chance

WTF ? Why they can't design more items like Scordeo's Edge, Sun & Moon, Frost-seeker, Nemno'k Cloak

In DLC exist few good items, like flail which do Fire AOE on Hit or War Axe which can upgrade all might inspirations to 1 tier above

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Pobably pushing towards a more nieche design when it comes to newer items, which should have been the case from the beginning, btw.  

While I can't speak for all of the items you've mentioned, Sun and Moon is one that I use a lot. And I can tell you that it's kinda universally good among a wide variety of builds... that's probably the reason. 

Personally, I wouldn't use a +2 Perception Helm(when I just recently found out about Nature's Resolve,) but it's nice to have variety, plus there some people might like it. It does come with a nice charm effect, which could make it very good during a TCS run. 

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Pobably pushing towards a more nieche design when it comes to newer items, which should have been the case from the beginning, btw.  

While I can't speak for all of the items you've mentions, Sun and Moon is one that I use a lot. And I can tell you that it's kinda universally good among a wide variety of builds... that's probably the reason. 

Personally, I wouldn't use a +2 Perception Helm(when I just recently found out about Nature's Resolve,) but it's nice to have variety, plus there are people that might like it. It does come with a nice charm effect, which could make it very good in TCS run in some cases. 

They look cool, but you can't do anything with them and your post only confirm this, what the point to use Bow which 2x time worse than any other legendary Bow with immediately recovery on Crit ? 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

While I can't speak for all of the items you've mentions, Sun and Moon is one that I use a lot. And I can tell you that it's kinda universally good among a wide variety of builds... that's probably the reason. 

Personally, I wouldn't use a +2 Perception Helm(when I just recently found out about Nature's Resolve,) but it's nice to have variety, plus there are people that might like it. It does come with a nice charm effect, which could make it very good in TCS run in some cases. 

They look cool, but you can't do anything with them and your post only confirm this, what the point to use Bow which 2x time worse than any other legendary Bow with immediately recovery on Crit ? 

You know... I am thinking you might actually enjoy the other PoE--that's Path of Exile. Over there you really need to do much more power building than in here, and I am just getting the sticky suspicion you might feel at home there more than here :D. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Subbing thread.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Sigh. Anything really that makes you go "wow!"?

Also, how are these items acquired? Anything that can be gotten easily without visiting the DLC area (I am still only level 12)?

Yeah, there exists at least 2 good items

1. Soulbound axe, thanks for guy who designed this weapon, it upgrade any might inspiration to 1 tier, i.e now Berseker can get Energized, and all other barbarian sub-classes can get +2 pen for free i.e now you don't need Berserker to rise your Pen + it regain 15HP for all kills

2. Flail which do 10 - 12 fire damage on hit (with Maxed Religion), it transfer all on HIT/CRIT effects and has large AOE, and increase accuracy by 4. I tested it with Blood Storm and Avenging Storm (Now you can make Pure Druid build with good AOE Damage)

But even with this two items, what the point to design so boring and useless items effects. You create wolf headgear ? - Make it auto summon wolf each encounter OR give it DoT damage for your fists OR transformation to wolf ... just something interesting 

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 3

You mean like the hide armor that fits with it and summons a familiar at the start of every encounter?

I checked this armor. All familiar bonus were something between +3/+4 to accuracy or defenses, last transformation ability give you weapon without accuracy bonus

Not I mean real summon, not a familiar

Edited by mant2si

I wonder what happens if you are a Conjurer and summon two familiars...?

I tested armor with Cipher, so I even don't know if it stacked with normal summons ;)

1. Soulbound axe, thanks for guy who designed this weapon, it upgrade any might inspiration to 1 tier, i.e now Berseker can get Energized, and all other barbarian sub-classes can get +2 pen for free i.e now you don't need Berserker to rise your Pen + it regain 15HP for all kills

You could also use it to gain Energized on a character (e.g. Monk using Thunderous Blows, or any character on whom a Priest casts Champion's Boon), then switch to another weapon of your choice. I really like that particular ability ;)

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Also, how are these items acquired? Anything that can be gotten easily without visiting the DLC area (I am still only level 12)?

Thanks; that really sounds awesome. I hope we can get it early enough to make use of it.

By the way, how are these items acquired? Any new items in the shops or acquired through non-DLC mob drops?

Thanks; that really sounds awesome. I hope we can get it early enough to make use of it.

By the way, how are these items acquired? Any new items in the shops or acquired through non-DLC mob drops?

I don't know ;) I only checked them over console, to plan my next build for DLC

You could also use it to gain Energized on a character (e.g. Monk using Thunderous Blows, or any character on whom a Priest casts Champion's Boon), then switch to another weapon of your choice. I really like that particular ability ;)

Sage: Thunderous Blows -> Swift Strikes -> Citzal's Spirit Lance. Game over, man!

I prefer the niched gearing honestly to get away from too much power creeping that comes with new gear. It's easy to get into the mindset that some of the new pieces are not mind blowing since I think Obsidian spoiled us already with some super amazing ones to put our expectations high and/or find alternatives to.

Is the soulbound axe able to get past superb quality? Is it classlocked? Are there perks for specific classes on it?

Edited by Metaturtle
  • Like 1

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-