What do you mean?

Crits give +50% pen.

An enemy with 20 pen will have 30 pen all of a sudden.

Also underpen caps at 75% dr afaik.

Also in Poe you can never receive less than 1 damage unless you are actually immune to a damage type.

Also keep in mind that stuff like sworn rival will not last very long in most fights since you get hit rapidly against enemies where it actually counts, so abusing Nemnok's cloak stacking spirit shield cloak with spirit shield potions is much stronger but also will only give 3 AR instead of 4.

Because, let's say, i stack up to 28 AR, how is it possible, to still receive damage? I read, that if the enemy crits you, the armor does not count? Can you explain the system to me?

----- Armor

If your armor > 3 than hit pen then damage will be reduced by -300%

If your armor > 2 than hit pen then damage will be reduced by -100%

If your armor > 1 than hit pen then damage will be reduced by -33%

----- Cirts

If hit pen 2 time higher than your armor then hit get +30% DM bonus

If you make crit, then hit pen * 1.5

To make crit your damage roll + acc - enemy deflection => 100

----- Negative damage calculation

Base Damage * 1 / 1 + (negative damage modifier - positive damage modifier)/100%

----- Negative damage calculation examle

50  * 1 / (1 + 3 (300% damage reduction) - 0.6 (Legendary weapon bonus)) = 14

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

So if a drake has base damage of 100, and +100% damage bonus, it will hit u 200 damage. If your AR is 3 point higher than drake’s pen, then the damage is not simply 200 * 0.25 = 50, but 100 / (1 - 100% + 300%) = 33, it is much lower as u can see, +100% damage bonus only gives the drake a damage boost from 25 -> 33.

And from 200 to 33 is a huge reduction, much more than -75% shown in tooltip.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

So if a drake has base damage of 100, and +100% damage bonus, it will hit u 200 damage. If your AR is 3 point higher than drake’s pen, then the damage is not simply 200 * 0.25 = 50, but 100 / (1 - 100% + 300%) = 33, it is much lower as u can see, +100% damage bonus only gives the drake a damage boost from 25 -> 33.

And from 200 to 33 is a huge reduction, much more than -75% shown in tooltip.

Are you sure that formula is correct? I can't quite figure out how to get 200 damage out of that, assuming no under-pen.