Update #56 - Seeker, Slayer, Survivor and Patch 3.0 Release Day!

Greetings, Watchers,

Our newest DLC, Seeker, Slayer, Survivor, and Patch 3.0 are available today! In Seeker, Slayer, Survivor, Watchers will not only be able to tackle combat that challenges that test their penchant for destruction, puzzle-solving skills, and resource-management in the face of waves of foes, but also track down the mysterious malady that is plaguing the island of Kazuwari - and discover the island's ruthless purpose.

Seeker, Slayer, Survivor Launch

Prove your worth in the crucible of Kazuwari, where the arena's masters and their worshipers exalt the victorious and delight in the blood forfeited by the defeated. Something corrupts the spirits that dwell in the very stones of the crucible, and only you can uncover its secrets.

In this new DLC for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire:
  • Seek glory, treasure, and truth in an arena designed to test the mettle of you and your party.
  • Slay your way through the most challenging foes you have ever faced, both past and present.
  • Survive the trials and whims of the spirits and their worshipers to prove you stand above even the greatest the Deadfire has to offer.

Seeker, Slayer, Survivor is now available on SteamGOG, and Origin, with Mac versions coming soon.

Patch 3.0

New Berath's Blessings! New Magran's Fire challenge modes! A new mega-boss!

There's a lot of new in Patch 3.0, and we can't wait for the community to experience all we have to offer. Check out some of the highlights below:

• New Magran's Fires Challenges
  • Eothas' Challenge - Players must complete the game in a certain amount of time
  • Galawain's Challenge - Beasts have random buffs set throughout the game.
  • New Berath's Blessings
  • Loaded Pockets -  NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items for those Watchers who have sticky fingers.
  • Legendary Crew - Three veteran sailors from the Kraken's Eye tavern are willing to cut you a great deal. Hire these experienced sailors for cheap!
  • Discount Craftsman - Crafting and enchanting costs are reduced!
  • Mythical Discovery - The Watcher's starting armoire has a Mythical Adra Stone that can upgrade any one legendary quality item to Mythic!
  • Spider Queen Megaboss - Belranga has arrived and if the feedback by our beta testers is any proof, she's as terrifying as we were hoping she would be. Hunt her down now to find some...mouth-watering rewards

And these are but a few of the giant patch that is 3.0! Check out our full 3.0 Patch notes, or go see the changes live in-game now!

Scrimish: Pillars of Eternity II Pack

update-56-scrimish-clear--thumb.png

In case you didn't know, we partnered with Nexci back in 2017 to crowdfund a Pillars of Eternity II version of their Scrimish card game. Protect your companion in this strategic card game while hunting down your opposing player's companion in this 10-minute battle of wits and misdirection! If you missed out on its Kickstarter run, fret not, for you can check it out on Amazon

Physical Rewards Update

We've confirmed that almost all backer rewards have been sent out, save for a few stragglers -   check out our support page with the latest news on physical rewards, or send us an email at support@obsidian.net if you have any questions. Please also whitelist or check your spam filter for support@vsevil.net if you're in the Americas or Oceania and help@shipnaked.com if you're outside of those areas and have yet to receive your rewards and are looking for email notifications. If you've received damaged items, don't worry, we'll make sure you get your rewards in one piece.

Community Corner

The community spoke, and our developers answered! After the showcase of our last community item in Update #53, we released two more community-voted items below:

Shroud of the Phantasm

update-56-community-cape-500p--thumb.png

Hidden away in Berkana's Laboratory is the Shroud of the Phantasm! 

Nebula, the Astral Bat

update-56-community-pet-500p--thumb.png

It seems the community thought poor Cosmo the Space Pig could use a friend, so Nebula, the Astral Bat, is now available in-game! Careful when keeping this capricious bat around, however - it might be a pet, but it won't always decide to help you!

Versus Evil Sale

update-56-vesale-500p--thumb.png

Our publisher, Versus Evil, is having a sale! In addition to Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire being on sale (tell your friends!), be sure to check out the Versus Evil Steam store page  to get deals on their other published games, including games from the Banner Saga series, Guild of Dungeoneering, and more!

Thank you again for your continued support! If you have any issues with the game, contact us through our support portal to help you on your journey.

Cheers,

The Deadfire team

Reach out to us on our various social media channels (TwitterFacebookInstagram, or on our forums) and let us know your comments, your critiques, and what you love about the game.

Did you miss our last update? Check it out!
  • Like 18

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Well, that must be a stupid question, but I can't start the dlc, how to do that?

I am not sure if that is what you mean, but it’s in-campaign DLC. Reload a pre end game save (or whatever the latest save you have and go to your boat. You should get a message to chat with the Steward.

• Like 1

Well, that must be a stupid question, but I can't start the dlc, how to do that?

I am not sure if that is what you mean, but it’s in-campaign DLC. Reload a pre end game save (or whatever the latest save you have and go to your boat. You should get a message to chat with the Steward.

I got the message, that I should talk to the Steward, but my character can't talk to her about the dlc, and he is 20 level

Thank you, Wormerine, the problem is in the fact, that I'm not an English-speaker, so I play the game with another language, but the translation is terrible and is difficult to understand

Edited by Gregorovich

I got the message, that I should talk to the Steward, but my character can't talk to her about the dlc, and he is 20 level

I'm having this same issue. I have tried different saves, I have tried going to different cities, resting in the sea, resting at an inn, etc. and nothing works. 

The saves I'm loading are all pre-endgame. My party is lvl 20. Does it matter if I've already played through Beast of Winter?

I'm having this same issue. I have tried different saves, I have tried going to different cities, resting in the sea, resting at an inn, etc. and nothing works. 

The saves I'm loading are all pre-endgame. My party is lvl 20. Does it matter if I've already played through Beast of Winter?

Interesting. I loaded my 2nd character save to check this out: She is lvl 19, done with accessible faction quest, before going to ashen maw. I didn't do Beast of Winter expansion because of a bug which stopped me from progressing it further. With her I got a message that SSS is installed and that I will be contacted by Steward once I progress enough through the story. It might happen after the Ashen Maw. If it requires Beast of Winter that would be very odd as they are seperate DLC - you should be able to play one without another.

Interesting. I loaded my 2nd character save to check this out: She is lvl 19, done with accessible faction quest, before going to ashen maw. I didn't do Beast of Winter expansion because of a bug which stopped me from progressing it further. With her I got a message that SSS is installed and that I will be contacted by Steward once I progress enough through the story. It might happen after the Ashen Maw. If it requires Beast of Winter that would be very odd as they are seperate DLC - you should be able to play one without another.

I'm past Ashen Maw. Maybe that is a requirement for the message?

PS: Nice new trinket. :p

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Hey all! Here are the expectations for the DLC, that I will throw behind some spoilers:

1) The DLC is gated behind completing Ashen Maw
2) You will need to go to the Lower Decks of your ship
3) There is a crate to interact with that will fire an SI. Afterwards you will need to use your Journal to advance to Kazuwari.

Note: There is currently a bug we are fixing where the submarine is not allowing for the DLC to start, and can be circumvented by switching to another ship. 

If all the above are done and the DLC still does not appear to start, please DM me your save that is causing you issues, and ensure the DLC is purchased and checked off on steam. I do not man the forums any longer, so if it is not messaged directly to me I may miss it and I would hate to leave you guys hanging! 

Hope this all helps!

-Caleb

• Like 5

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Thanks for clearing things up.

Quest start/Journal message appears even before Ashen Maw - it's very misleading. Maybe you can fix it - Quest should start only after Ashen Maw then

Edited by Phenomenum