Sign in to follow this  
Lampros

Are there actual weapon type immunities in this game?

I am a bit confused now. People still talk as if the old PoE 1 weapon damage type immunities - e.g. immunities to pierce, slash, or crush damage - exist, but I do not see them in the in-game "Cyclopedia." There I see zero enemies with weapon damage type immunities. Instead, I see stuff like "Immunity: Constitution Afflictions" and so on. So what am I missing? Are some enemies immune (or resistant) to some weapon damage types or not?

Also, under Defenses, I see stuff like "tShock: 00, Crush: 00." What in the world is this supposed to mean?

I am really confused...

There are certain enemies that are immune to certain damage types. I can't speak for online beastiaries or the in game cyclopedia.

Edited by Theosupus
  • Like 1

There are certain enemies that are immune to certain damage types. I can't speak for online beastiaries or the in game cyclopedia.

Hmm, I see several online posts about how the in-game bestiary is bugged.

How the heck do I know then if an enemy I face is immune? Do have to just assume from what was the case in PoE 1?

You hover the mouse cursor over them to get their stats and info 

Ah, during combat? LOL. thanks! ;)

If you dont want to mouseover before you engage or manually pause in combat you can have it autopause on extreme defense.. basically you will auto pause if you get a combat log entry of damage immunity.

• Like 1

If you dont want to mouseover before you engage or manually pause in combat you can have it autopause on extreme defense.. basically you will auto pause if you get a combat log entry of damage immunity.

Ah, ok; thanks! That can be a bit annoying if it spams the auto-pause constantly - but I suppose it won't spam if you change weapons ;)

Kraken Tentacles are immune against crush.

And the slimes are immune to slash if i m not mistaken.

All skeletons are immune to pierce.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2