I have Bardatto' Luxury all tricked out and Legendaried...yep, def endgame material. Immunity to Constitution afflictions (Sickened, Weakened) and 10% chance to Sicken upon hit and a Hardy inspiration to wielder when an Ally falls. A seriously good weapon for a Swashy (my man Eder).

Duskfall is less glamorous, but increases both attk speed and crit damage, huge for a Rogue. And has a great supplementary skill in Drawing Parry or Cut.

Overall two weapons that can be gotten when you arrive in Neketaka, as long as you have serviceable Diplomacy.

• 2 years later...
On 9/23/2018 at 4:31 PM, 1TTFFSSE said:

I don't think bellow level 14 is realistic on PotD, you need to be relatively geared already to take on those vamps which means you probably already did some questing before. I'd say level 13 doable with some superior pieces. That's for average good party.

Of course if you have multiple chanter/paladins in plate you can probably try at level 11-12. 

I think I am going to try to get the Sanguine Great Sword at around level 12 this run. It should be easier since it's turn-based - though I recall Vampires being quite scary in mid-levels! ;)

How soon can I realistically get Karaboru in PotD?

1 hour ago, Lampros said:

I think I am going to try to get the Sanguine Great Sword at around level 12 this run. It should be easier since it's turn-based - though I recall Vampires being quite scary in mid-levels! ;)

How soon can I realistically get Karaboru in PotD?

straight out of Maje

edit. idk what PER you need to see the switch to vault and you have to buy your way in  (2000) or pass some skill check with Kipeha

Edited by Waski
  • Like 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 3:27 PM, 1TTFFSSE said:

-Grave Calling (steal it Cookespur)

-The Red Hand (steal it)

-Scordeo's Trophy (steal it)

-Tuitilo's Palm (steal it)

-Sun and Moon, Amra, Sasha's (buy them but $$$$ can be expensive)

-LDV - (get past the storm)

-Essence Interruptor (just $$$$$)

-Frostseeker (relatively ez map fight on Nekataka isle)

-Magran's Blessing shield (magran's Temple Nekataka steal it)

-Modwyr

-Blightheart (ez with high intimidate skill to get past ambush on beach same ilse with Rotten Lady etc)

-Magran's Favor, Sungrazer (northeast isles some what challenging at level 10-12 but doable)

-Aamina's Legacy (Umaru the Pretender - challenging+ but doable with split-pulling, I always do it at level 10-12)

-Kitchen Stove (don't do all all the pulls in the undercity just get to the temple, but you need to defeat giant cave grub)

-Rust's Poignard (Kill Rust tricky too put doable)

-Eccea;s Arcane Blaster (use gunpowder barrels in that cave area to help clear the enemies early)

great dual wield weapons in bold. but if you exhaust this least your party should be pretty well geared and ready for adventuring the main and side quests

A similarly thorough list for armor and accessories? ;)

• Like 1

You can look it up on the Wiki. All items have a section about aquisition.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_II:_Deadfire_accessories

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_armor_(Deadfire)

Early good armors can be The Bloody Links (buy), Devil of Caroc's Breastplate (steal or buy), Patinated Plate (steal or buy), Nomad's Brigandine (loot), Casita Samelia's Legacy (loot), Deltro's Cage (loot), Miscreant's Leather (loot), Sharpshooter's Garb (Maia) and Garari Cuirass (buy). "Good" may depend on what you are looking for. A melee tank can make good use of the Sharpshooter's Garb obviously as a Sharpshooter doesn't want to wear the Patinated Plate. ;) 

It is very easy to loot the armor of very tough/overleveles foes (like the guys that will drop Nomad's Brigandine) if you simply hire a single Assassin/Bleak Walker with Ring of Focused Flames, Zealous Focus, FoD, Brand Enemy, Gouging Strike and Smoke Veil. Pick up Bounding Boots and Lover's Embrace and then just sneak/jump up on the enemy with the loot, hit him/her/it with a single-wielded FoD with Lover's Embrace if the defense is very high or Gouging Strike if not. You will have 12+20+25 ACC for that FoD attack which ususally is enough to hit even way overleveled enemies, then Gouging Stike (if not used right away) and then Brand Enemy (which is an auto.hit), then Smoke Veil. If things become too hot then use Smoke Veil in between and Brand Enemy afterwards, then Smoke Veil again. Retreat quickly so you're out of sight and let the enemy die. This shouldn't take too long because Lover's Embrace + Gouging Strike + Brand Enemy stack (I haven't met an enemy who could outheal it forever on their own - although Ogres with unlimited healing potions sure will extend the process significantly). When the guy with the loot drops dead simply sneak/jump in like advised (with pausing/unpausing/cancelling the leap) and loot the stuff, then jump away or use Smoke Veil to stop the encounter, leave the map. 

That way I can even get Reckless Brigandine etc. very early. Can be a bit tricky at times and sometimes needs a reload, but it's not too bad and rewarding. 

After that you can retire the Assassin/Bleak Walker because his job is done.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

You can look it up on the Wiki. All items have a section about aquisition.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_II:_Deadfire_accessories

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_armor_(Deadfire)

Early good armors can be The Bloody Links (buy), Devil of Caroc's Breastplate (steal or buy), Patinated Plate (steal or buy), Nomad's Brigandine (loot), Casita Samelia's Legacy (loot), Deltro's Cage (loot), Miscreant's Leather (loot), Sharpshooter's Garb (Maia) and Garari Cuirass (buy). "Good" may depend on what you are looking for. A melee tank can make good use of the Sharpshooter's Garb obviously as a Sharpshooter doesn't want to wear the Patinated Plate. ;) 

It is very easy to loot the armor of very tough/overleveles foes (like the guys that will drop Nomad's Brigandine) if you simply hire a single Assassin/Bleak Walker with Ring of Focused Flames, Zealous Focus, FoD, Brand Enemy, Gouging Strike and Smoke Veil. Pick up Bounding Boots and Lover's Embrace and then just sneak/jump up on the enemy with the loot, hit him/her/it with a single-wielded FoD with Lover's Embrace if the defense is very high or Gouging Strike if not. You will have 12+20+25 ACC for that FoD attack which ususally is enough to hit even way overleveled enemies, then Gouging Stike (if not used right away) and then Brand Enemy (which is an auto.hit), then Smoke Veil. If things become too hot then use Smoke Veil in between and Brand Enemy afterwards, then Smoke Veil again. Retreat quickly so you're out of sight and let the enemy die. This shouldn't take too long because Lover's Embrace + Gouging Strike + Brand Enemy stack (I haven't met an enemy who could outheal it forever on their own - although Ogres with unlimited healing potions sure will extend the process significantly). When the guy with the loot drops dead simply sneak/jump in like advised (with pausing/unpausing/cancelling the leap) and loot the stuff, then jump away or use Smoke Veil to stop the encounter, leave the map. 

That way I can even get Reckless Brigandine etc. very early. Can be a bit tricky at times and sometimes needs a reload, but it's not too bad and rewarding. 

After that you can retire the Assassin/Bleak Walker because his job is done.

I now have stolen everything I can before level 10, and I must either buy or kill to get more high-end stuff! ;)

On Gouging Strike trick: I thought of the same, but I am not sure if it will work on turn-based. More specifically, I am not sure if the game will let me run away - and if it does, I am not sure if mobs will keep taking damage and not re-set. It seems like a lot of things work differently. (I can't split pull, for instance.)

Also I had a question about companions whose alignment differ from yours: If I hire a custom Bleak Walker (and want to keep him) in the future, then will his Deep Faith numbers tank if I am a good guy?

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Lampros said:

I didn't realize Spine of Thicket Green could be stolen. I can't believe I have been buying it till now! ;(

I know. I realized this from this thread too. I had been buying the Spine and the Ring of Focused Flame almost every game until recently.

• Like 1