I am level 10 now, and yet I am having a Devil of a time trying to acquire end-game weapons - or frankly any decent weapons at all. Basically, I have seen no weapon that I'd use long-term other than the Blessings vendor hunting bow and PoE 1 carry-over sword and estoc yet. In particular, there is nothing even mid-game-worthy for melee classes that I can see so far.

Where are they? In particular, I'd really like a pair of decent weapons for my other melee dual wielder (I've equipped my main with the PoE 1 sword and the gladiator sword from the first area).

I guess I can go get Mowdry soon (I accidentally went there and got lost at level 7 and had to re-start in my first playthrough), but what else?

Also, just perusing the Wiki, I am concerned by the lack of 1H melee weapons outside of swords and sabres. What the heck? There's like 1 decent weapon for each weapon type, and I bet most of them cannot be acquired until the end-game. Sorry for the rant. But I am very frustrated.

Edited by Lampros

Slave town, Crookspur, beach merchant has the best scimitar (stealable, also has a great plate armor). Lots of quality weapons in the pirate Town Dunnage (rapier, estoc, flail, 2h battleaxe). A nice spear in Sayuka.

Thanks; I haven't been to any of those places except Sayuka. I guess I didn't pay attention to the spear much, as I've never used spears in this game.

By the way, are plate armor even worth it in this game, given they slow you down so much?

Depends. They can make a squishy melee char with speed boosts, like a Helwalker monk, Streetfighter rogue or Berserker quite durable (and still reasonably fast, particularly when dual wielding).

Recovery penalty mitigation, such as special pets or fighters Armored Grace ability provides more benefit in heavy armor.

Generally not strictly necessary for party play.

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

-Grave Calling (steal it Cookespur)

-The Red Hand (steal it)

-Scordeo's Trophy (steal it)

-Tuitilo's Palm (steal it)

-Sun and Moon, Amra, Sasha's (buy them but $$$$ can be expensive)

-LDV - (get past the storm)

-Essence Interruptor (just $$$$$)

-Frostseeker (relatively ez map fight on Nekataka isle)

-Magran's Blessing shield (magran's Temple Nekataka steal it)

-Modwyr

-Blightheart (ez with high intimidate skill to get past ambush on beach same ilse with Rotten Lady etc)

-Magran's Favor, Sungrazer (northeast isles some what challenging at level 10-12 but doable)

-Aamina's Legacy (Umaru the Pretender - challenging+ but doable with split-pulling, I always do it at level 10-12)

-Kitchen Stove (don't do all all the pulls in the undercity just get to the temple, but you need to defeat giant cave grub)

-Rust's Poignard (Kill Rust tricky too put doable)

-Eccea;s Arcane Blaster (use gunpowder barrels in that cave area to help clear the enemies early)

great dual wield weapons in bold. but if you exhaust this least your party should be pretty well geared and ready for adventuring the main and side quests

Edited by 1TTFFSSE
  • Like 4

easiest way to make credits is to use blessing money to buy dhow stack it with double bronzers and sink all ship bounties but I enjoy boarding too much to do that

the other easiest way to get credits is to clear the island in the southwest of the map and get exceptional superior gear from the drops there and sell it.

• Like 1

Depends. They can make a squishy melee char with speed boosts, like a Helwalker monk, Streetfighter rogue or Berserker quite durable (and still reasonably fast, particularly when dual wielding).

Recovery penalty mitigation, such as special pets or fighters Armored Grace ability provides more benefit in heavy armor.

Generally not strictly necessary for party play.

Got it; I am using a armor recovery reduction pet (Abraham); and I will be getting Armored Grace at some point later. So I will test and see how much plate slows me down.

-The Red Hand (steal it)

-Modwyr

-Blightheart (ez with high intimidate skill to get past ambush on beach same ilse with Rotten Lady etc)

-Magran's Favor, Sungrazer (northeast isles some what challenging at level 10-12 but doable)

-Aamina's Legacy (Umaru the Pretender - challenging+ but doable with split-pulling, I always do it at level 10-12)

-Kitchen Stove (don't do all all the pulls in the undercity just get to the temple, but you need to defeat giant cave grub)

great dual wield weapons in bold. but if you exhaust this least your party should be pretty well geared and ready for adventuring the main and side quests

Awesome - thanks!

easiest way to make credits is to use blessing money to buy dhow stack it with double bronzers and sink all ship bounties but I enjoy boarding too much to do that

the other easiest way to get credits is to clear the island in the southwest of the map and get exceptional superior gear from the drops there and sell it.

Huh? Wouldn't you lose more money if you didn't board and capture the ship intact? It that's the mechanic, then it goes against common sense.

I will check the southwest island(s) then.

Huh? Wouldn't you lose more money if you didn't board and capture the ship intact? It that's the mechanic, then it goes against common sense.

I will check the southwest island(s) then.

No rewards from doing the bounties and equipment you get if you just sink the ships and not board is about the same

Also I recommend getting as many weapons as you can from my list and doing deadlight dungeon before takling south east islands but once you do it and also the cave with eccea's blaster you should get enough superior quality drops not to worry about credits

How early can you get the Sanguine Blade, realistically?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

How early can you get the Sanguine Blade, realistically?

I don't think bellow level 14 is realistic on PotD, you need to be relatively geared already to take on those vamps which means you probably already did some questing before. I'd say level 13 doable with some superior pieces. That's for average good party.

Of course if you have multiple chanter/paladins in plate you can probably try at level 11-12. 

Edited by 1TTFFSSE
  • Like 2

When playing with hardcore deadly deadfire installed for me the game is most challenging in the levels 12-15 range because with the scaling I am always facing enemy groups especially kith who are +6 levels above on average in that range so my party has level 12x abilities vs enemies who sometimes cast tier 7-9 level abilities lol. And at that point in the game I only have Nekataka am short on money to upgrade so I am running around in most exceptional gear with some superior while the enemies are casting high level wizard and priest spells / acepalm.

Like until you are level 15+ some encounters are impossible like Sealed Fate/ Talfor is like seriously harder than gorecci street at those levels. 

Is Fleetbreaker any good on some ranged builds?

P.S.-

Anyone know the upgrades for it?

It's a great weapon one of the best actually but late game.

The obvious first choice for two handed ranged weapon is the red hand in the crossbow/arquebus class.

Fleetbreaker and Spearcaster are just a grade bellow it but better than anything else not named the red hand.

I am talking about two handed reload weapons of course. Two handed recovery weapon like the two unique Hunting Bows are very good too. 

• Like 1

There is a trick to get Magran’s favor once leave the first island. What u need is a few invisibility potion. The Nagas from different area are hostile to each other, so if u can lure one group to another, and turn invisible, one will clear another so u can get the axe very early in the game.

• Like 2

P.S.-

The obvious first choice for two handed ranged weapon is the red hand in the crossbow/arquebus class.

Fleetbreaker and Spearcaster are just a grade bellow it but better than anything else not named the red hand.

I am talking about two handed reload weapons of course. Two handed recovery weapon like the two unique Hunting Bows are very good too. 

Fleetbreaker is just a tiny bit bellow The Red Hand in terms of DPS,  but it's not obtainable early.

Essence Interrupter is very strong bow that sacrifices a bit of DPS for reliability and powerful "crowd control". It's available even before you leave PM and it's only downside is it's cost.

Spearcaster is really good weapon for casters but requires a bit of investment (about 15k)

The Red Hand is powerful, versatile and obtainable pretty early (12 mechanics and certain quests)

Watershapers focus is easily the most powerful ranged weapon, it's obtainable extremely early (upon reaching Neketaka) and it's free.

As for Melee Weapons

Pukestabber (one of best melee weapons) is obtainable as soon as you get ship and it's free.

Griffin Blade is great weapon for any damage-oriented Caster or Tank, you can get it early from one easy fight

Magran's Ward (dunno it's name, it's from the latest patch) is really good shield when coupled with one-handed ranged weapon. It's obtainable by reaching Neketaka and more importantly it's free

• Like 1

P.S.-

Fleetbreaker is just a tiny bit bellow The Red Hand in terms of DPS,  but it's not obtainable early.

Essence Interrupter is very strong bow that sacrifices a bit of DPS for reliability and powerful "crowd control". It's available even before you leave PM and it's only downside is it's cost.

Spearcaster is really good weapon for casters but requires a bit of investment (about 15k)

The Red Hand is powerful, versatile and obtainable pretty early (12 mechanics and certain quests)

Watershapers focus is easily the most powerful ranged weapon, it's obtainable extremely early (upon reaching Neketaka) and it's free.

As for Melee Weapons

Pukestabber (one of best melee weapons) is obtainable as soon as you get ship and it's free.

Griffin Blade is great weapon for any damage-oriented Caster or Tank, you can get it early from one easy fight

Magran's Ward (dunno it's name, it's from the latest patch) is really good shield when coupled with one-handed ranged weapon. It's obtainable by reaching Neketaka and more importantly it's free

Watershapers focus got nerfed to the ground in the last patch, useless and slow now. 

Watershapers focus got nerfed to the ground in the last patch, useless and slow now. 

I disagree. It was nerfed for casters (by removing 1 PL) and fixed proccing from itself, but it still has:

• Split damage (pierce/slash)
  • nearly twice as much damage when compared to standard scepter
  • Good chance to proc decent AoE attack
  • 15% corrode lash

Its damage output is very comparable with The Red Hand. Please do some research before you write off things because they were supposedly nerfed.

I disagree. It was nerfed for casters (by removing 1 PL) and fixed proccing from itself, but it still has:

• Split damage (pierce/slash)
  • nearly twice as much damage when compared to standard scepter
  • Good chance to proc decent AoE attack
  • 15% corrode lash

Its damage output is very comparable with The Red Hand. Please do some research before you write off things because they were supposedly nerfed.

The chance to proc was reduced to sub 10%....have fun.

Meanwhile who can get a 2sec reload/recovery on double attack from The Red Hand on a ranger/monk or sub 2 sec recovery on the Hunting Bow with modal activated. 

Over a period of attacking something Hunting with Modal on and The Red Hand will do 2x the damage of the rod. 

Edited by 1TTFFSSE

Stole the Devil of Caroc armor and everything else in that shop that could be stolen! ;)

Scordeo's Trophy next - and thanks everyone who pointed out these items, as well as how to steal efficiently! ;)

By the way, is Amra's AoE foe-only or can it do friendly damage as well? If I role-play Gimli in a future PotD, I will have to give him some axes, and this is the earliest one I've found so far that is not seemingly terrible.

-The Red Hand (steal it)

-Modwyr

-Eccea;s Arcane Blaster (use gunpowder barrels in that cave area to help clear the enemies early)

Ok, now I am at level 16, so I have a much better sense of where things are - and what they do. So a follow-up question regarding some of these items:

1. Realistically, how early can we get Lord Darryn's Voluge and Modwyr in PotD? I assume LDV can be had as early as level 5 or 6 theoretically? But won't you get ganked by everyone before you get there?

And I got accidentally dropped into the Old City in a prior run at level 7, and I couldn't handle it even at Classic difficulty. So I assume this is not doable until at least level 9-10 at PotD?

2. If I kill Rusty, then wouldn't the entire Delver's crowd jump me, and I will lose their quest line or something? So wouldn't I have to do it after I am done with all their quests, etc.?

3. I cannot see how I can do Aamina's Legacy at level 10-12 at PotD. I struggled even at level 13 in Classic - albeit I will be better prepared - and simply better - next time! ;)

Now I am at level 16 as I said, I cannot believe how many great swords and sabres I have found, and how few even decent warhammers and 1H battle axes are. There is a severe imbalance in weapon type distribution in this game indeed - as others have already pointed out...

-The Red Hand (steal it)

-Modwyr

Ok, now I am at level 16, so I have a much better sense of where things are - and what they do. So a follow-up question regarding some of these items:

1. Realistically, how early can we get Lord Darryn's Voluge and Modwyr in PotD? I assume LDV can be had as early as level 5 or 6 theoretically? But won't you get ganked by everyone before you get there?

And I got accidentally dropped into the Old City in a prior run at level 7, and I couldn't handle it even at Classic difficulty. So I assume this is not doable until at least level 9-10 at PotD?

2. If I kill Rusty, then wouldn't the entire Delver's crowd jump me, and I will lose their quest line or something? So wouldn't I have to do it after I am done with all their quests, etc.?

3. I cannot see how I can do Aamina's Legacy at level 10-12 at PotD. I struggled even at level 13 in Classic - albeit I will be better prepared - and simply better - next time! ;)

Now I am at level 16 as I said, I cannot believe how many great swords and sabres I have found, and how few even decent warhammers and 1H battle axes are. There is a severe imbalance in weapon type distribution in this game indeed - as others have already pointed out...

1. You shouldn't Have issues for Lord Darryn's Voulge immediately after getting your boat.  Modwyr you can get pretty easily if you access the Old City Ruins through the Undercroft. I didn't have any problems at level 11. You could probably stealth through at earlier levels.

2. Rust is in a corner that you can easily stealth-gank him in- you can kill him without turning Delver's Row hostile. He only functions as a possible solution to a quest (there are other, more optimal solutions to it).

3. So long as you are prepared, shouldn't be a big issue. I kinda found Uamoru to be a little bit of a wuss. 

At level 16, none of these would really be an issue. 

Edited by Prince of Lies
  • Like 1

1. You shouldn't Have issues for Lord Darryn's Voulge immediately after getting your boat.  Modwyr you can get pretty easily if you access the Old City Ruins through the Undercroft. I didn't have any problems at level 11. You could probably stealth through at earlier levels.

2. Rust is in a corner that you can easily stealth-gank him in- you can kill him without turning Delver's Row hostile. He only functions as a possible solution to a quest (there are other, more optimal solutions to it).

3. So long as you are prepared, shouldn't be a big issue. I kinda found Uamoru to be a little bit of a wuss. 

At level 16, none of these would really be an issue. 

Yes, if I can't do them at level 16, I should give up this game! ;) I was worried about the next run, where I will go PotD.

So what level do you think I can kill Rust with a full party then?

Yeah, LDV is obtainable immediately after Port Maje.

As for Rust, I've never had Delver's Row turn on me when attacking him. But you DO loose reputation, so shops will sell their goods higher.

I didn't realize how much prices differed until I saw that I had a 30 percent mark-up at Delver's Row and 50 percent mark-down somewhere else (I forget where) :(