Is the Devil of Caroc Breastplate Really Worth not Killing that Scumbag Harmke?

Hey guys,

So... I really want to kill Harmke in my PoE1 save. I know it has no effect on the game and no one reacts to it, but from a narrative perspective, I just like the idea since I feel like he deserves it. The problem is, unless I mod it, which takes work, that robs me of the Devil of Caroc Breastplate, which is considered one of the best pieces of armor in the game for what it is. 

My question though is... Is it? 

I've asked about comparisons with other particular armors (Gipon Prudensco and Miscreant's) before, but are there any other options that more or less just do what the DoC does, but just not as good? In the long run, since I'll be playing a Mindstalker, how necessary is the +2 Power Pool (That's only one Devastating Blow/Llengrath's Displaced Image)?

It is one of best armor for non caster , better il multi, for +4 resources. Resistance to int/con comes also in handy.

You can also spare the Lumberjack and kill the Devil by other means ( skaen pool or simply kill her afaik. With everything bad story you get the armor)

Is it confirmed that sacrificing her to the pool makes the armor spawn too?

Edit: how exactly does that +4 resource work? Does it help spellcasters?

I think only chanters will benefit from it... not sure about that, too. 

The rest of the casters don't benefit. The +4 resources is for dual class barb/palla/fighter/rogue/ranger/monk(no wounds.)

PS: not recruiting the Devil still gives you the B-plate. I only play solo with a TCS from first game... :D

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus
  • Like 1

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Depends, if you playing solo and want to powerlevel as much as you can, then yes.

Other that that, depends on person.

But, for me it will never replace Blackened plate mail and blackened helmet, just bcs. how good it looks. Also -1armor aura, its not too shabby either.

Is it confirmed that sacrificing her to the pool makes the armor spawn too?

Edit: how exactly does that +4 resource work? Does it help spellcasters?

Spellcasters don't get anything from BoC, but all other classes get +2 to their pool and if you are multiclass, you get + 2 +2 to each, if not chanter or spellcaster.

• Like 1

You can get the B-plate pretty early and for free. It will you help smoothen some of the fights at around 9-13 lvl. After that you'll have plenty of other options you can consider. 

Hard to get it at level 9, no? My expenditures are so heavy - with little cash incoming that early!

You can get the B-plate pretty early and for free. It will you help smoothen some of the fights at around 9-13 lvl. After that you'll have plenty of other options you can consider. 

Hard to get it at level 9, no? My expenditures are so heavy - with little cash incoming that early!

You can steal it really easily. 

• Like 1

Kill Harmke, Sacrifice Devil to pool.  I'm not sure what the game code translates that to, but saccing devil via poe history maker still has given me the BP.  Never tried doing it in that order since you can only create it in a poe1 game and the history maker does the companion sacrifice check first before their personal quest so there might be an exception with the story flags.

Edited by Metaturtle

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

You can?!!! Hmm, let me go try ;)

Ok, I can't at level 7. Where is it? I cannot open any of the locked safes in Marhi's shop; and he cannot be pick-pocketed, because it says you cannot pickpocket "while being observed" :(

You should use:

Wild Mare's Room for +1 all skills.

Adra Potions for +2 all skills.

Burglar's Gloves for +2 mech.

Boots of Sneaking for +2 sneak.

Thieves' Putty for +2 mech and sneak.

That's +7 on sneak and mech... 

PS: either that or be the King of Cheese with this other thread that has resurged out of no where now ;D. 

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus
  • Like 3

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

You should use:

PS: either that or be the King of Cheese with this other thread that has resurged out of no where now ;D. 

Will make a note - thanks!

You should use:

You forgot the doonage hooker for another +1 to all skills...

• Like 1

Rogue multiclass

+1 Start

+1 Hunter Background

+2 Berath's Blessing

+1 Trainer in Dunnage

+7 Levels to 8 after Port, Deadlight, Dunnage

+2 Thiefs Putty

= 14

Now you can open the chest in crookspur (lock level 15), without the bandit's gloves.

Ofc it's only possible if you play solo, because you wont reach level 8 after dunnage, if you play in a party.

You should use:

You forgot the doonage hooker for another +1 to all skills...

Hey, good catch, dude. Thanks.

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png