Oiling 1080 GTX fans

Hulk'O'Saurus

Hello,

How's it going?

So... it's not like my fans have become bad or anything, but with proggressive use they've become somewhat noisier at higher rpm. On lower rpm you still can't hear them and the temps stay below 70 centigrades at all times.

Should I start looking to do a maintenance oiling on them?

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

If there is an access port on the face of the fan, bellow the sticker, you can oil it. Otherwise no. As a side note that should not be happening on a new card like that.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Also remember your spring cleaning, when the buildup gets beyond a certain point it will be in there so good you can't blow it out. Symptoms are heat and fan speed increase. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/IT-Dusters-EGP-COM-011-CompuCleaner-Electric/dp/B00S7CH6FK

Hahahah, you rememeber xD.

Yeah, dude. That one actually went quite ok. It's not dust build-up, I am sure, cause the rpms stay stable and temps don't go over 70 anyways. I just think things break down over time anyways.

If there is an access port on the face of the fan, bellow the sticker, you can oil it. Otherwise no. As a side note that should not be happening on a new card like that.

Yup, I hear ya. That's useful info, btw, thanks. I will take a look to see if I can actually do maintenance on it myself. For the most part they are quite quiet, but you know, it's good to be prepared.

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png