Very cool. However, you should really check out the actual battlefield where the boss spawns. Basically, as the boss's defenses lower, the boss appears to get stronger, and it will begin using more powerful abilities.

Full spoilers for the combat follow:

The boss gets the effect "Empresses's Fury" when the spiderlings that spawn on the battlefield are killed. The effect keeps track of how many spiderlings are killed, and it appears to serve as a multiplier that decreases the boss's defenses while also causing the boss to use more powerful abilities. One of these abilities actually causes the boss to inflict an injury on a character, and as a result, the boss has the ability to permanently kill party members.

The spiderlings continually spawn from a number of mounds on the battlefield which can be destroyed, but destroying the mounds is something of a wash as the spiderlings pose little threat by themselves, and killing them allows you to lower the boss's defenses. With a specialty build with incredibly high accuracy like the one's mentioned above, then it might actually make sense to destroy the spider mounds once the boss's defenses are lowered to a reasonable level.

The boss relies heavily on the petrification affliction, so resting with Shark Soup before the fight will definitely help. Also, the boss's petrification attack, and possibly some of its other attacks, have the poison keyword, so they can be mitigated by using antidotes. Undead summons are also very helpful during this battle, as most of them are immune to the poison keyword.

Right, so they gave this boss the Skullcrusher lol. Actually that sounds like an interesting mechanics. Way better than “moar hp moar armour more defence”

This reminds me of the time when I was having AI do most of the fight during Ukaizo guardian and didn't realize its consume essence gets upgraded to give an injury around 33% in.  RIP Eder.

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

Right, so they gave this boss the Skullcrusher lol. Actually that sounds like an interesting mechanics. Way better than “moar hp moar armour more defence”

You can easily avoid this attack, I have showed this on my video ;)

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Are there any items given after killing them?

you get the spider's mandibles as a trinket, they give you an ability which petrifies enemies and summons spiders if the enemy dies while petrified. It also drops an Adra Stone which allows you to upgrade one item from Legendary to Mythic quality
  • Like 1

So Mythic can be armor too?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I believe so, but I've only checked weapons. I don't see why it wouldn't apply to armour though. One thing that's quite neat is that you can't actually see the Mythic option in the enchanting UI until you have an adra stone in your inventory. I hope that isn't a bug because I like it, but then I'm a fan of hidden things

E: tested a lil, any unique armour or weapon can be upgraded to Mythic, and you can only see Mythic as an option when you have an Adra Stone in your inventory- upgrading any item to Mythic consumes the stone and makes the option no longer visible on other items, though there is a conspicuous space after Legendary. It'd be cooler if there was a separate layout so it looked in the UI like it stopped at Legendary, but that's just a quibble.

Edited by house2fly

I believe so, but I've only checked weapons. I don't see why it wouldn't apply to armour though. One thing that's quite neat is that you can't actually see the Mythic option in the enchanting UI until you have an adra stone in your inventory. I hope that isn't a bug because I like it, but then I'm a fan of hidden things

E: tested a lil, any unique armour or weapon can be upgraded to Mythic, and you can only see Mythic as an option when you have an Adra Stone in your inventory- upgrading any item to Mythic consumes the stone and makes the option no longer visible on other items, though there is a conspicuous space after Legendary. It'd be cooler if there was a separate layout so it looked in the UI like it stopped at Legendary, but that's just a quibble.

What modifiers does the Mythic quality give for weapons, shields, and armor?  I'm guessing it goes the same rate as another tier of quality?

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

On weapons it gives +15% damage, +3 Accuracy, and +1 penetration (like Legendary; all other tiers give +4 Accuracy.)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

You can easily avoid this attack, I have showed this on my video ;)

Sure, but it doesn’t diminish my interest in its mechanics

One of these abilities actually causes the boss to inflict an injury on a character, and as a result, the boss has the ability to permanently kill party members

If  some powerful enemy can have this abilities. I think this game will have much more challenge.

Edited by misterjimmy
  • Like 1

Another victim of the murderhoboes. She was just trying to raise her kids. :)

Would not be much of a problem in a party with cipher and brilliant inspiration xd But solo, you have to summon ****, or you get your ass kicked.

/E Second, you can not use weapons with only 11 pen. Even with the potion, you got only 13, but often you just would not pen the armor. So you need animancer blade and rusts to deal damage.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2
  • Like 1