I spawn this guy thought console and this is Big Spider with Big Damage and with 200+ deflection and 220+ for other defenses, as all bosses it vulnerable to crush damage (12 AR) and drop mystical adra stone

It has 4400 HP

For info:

Ukaizo - 1500HP
Dracolich dragon - 5500HP

It has stranger buff that give for him +80 to all defenses, so maybe if you fight him in his spawn location you can remove it, but even without +80 defenses, only melee can hit him

I little bit disappointed, no new model, no unique drop, no spectacular skills, no interested mechanic

Could someone check it for me ? Maybe I miss something and this fight look interested in his spawn location (I assume Ukaizo Island), now it look like Obs. just take small spider and make him big, they even don't create special icons for his buffs

With propper tools I can create 1 mega boss per day, I will take each creature model, Increase it size, add more defenses and make him drop adra stone

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Subbing thread.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Btw Neriscyrlas has 6600 hp on PotD. (you can check this if you enable cheats, mouseover her and press "K" for insta-kill)

I spawn this guy thought console and this is Big Spider with Big Damage and with 200+ deflection and 220+ for other defenses, as all bosses it vulnerable to crush damage (12 AR) and drop mystical adra stone

Interesting, the defenses/AR seem to be a bit different from those posted in this reddit thread.

In any case, it looks like non-raw damaging spells won't be effective enough here.

And that this gonna be a slow auto-attack to death fight that favors:

- ranger/paladin (cose high acc) (dw battle axes, cose modal)

- ranger/rogue (cose Confounding Blind deflection malus) (battle axe / Rännig's Wrath)

- pure chanter (for the beast chant)

- pure monk with fists (cose high acc, and crush damage)

Or.. maybe there is some mechanic that lowers her defenses in response to some player actions (like killing adds?) and there is no need for a specialized party roster.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

Btw Neriscyrlas has 6600 hp on PotD. (you can check this if you enable cheats, mouseover her and press "K" for insta-kill)

Interesting, the defenses/AR seem to be a bit different from those posted in this reddit thread.

In any case, it looks like non-raw damaging spells won't be effective enough here.

And that this gonna be a slow auto-attack to death fight that favors:

- ranger/paladin (cose high acc) (dw battle axes, cose modal)

- ranger/rogue (cose Confounding Blind deflection malus) (battle axe / Rännig's Wrath)

- pure chanter (for the beast chant)

- pure monk with fists (cose high acc, and crush damage)

Or.. maybe there is some mechanic that lowers her defenses in response to some player actions (like killing adds?) and there is no need for a specialized party roster.

You can't use anything against him beside class combination with 180 ACC, which is stupidly high

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

120 is the highest Accuracy I could stack on my Devoted/Monk. I assume a Mythic weapon (via Blessings) would add 3 or 4. BotEP could stack another 10, IIRC. Past that, it’s debuff time I guess.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Ranger had:

10 Marked Prey

10 Stalker's Link

20 Accurate Wounding Shot

(optional 10 from Survival of the Fittest, but need to damage the enemy first).

That's on top of what a Devoted/Monk could have, I think.

Then there is the new Hunter's Claw...

But looking at the description, it seems each stack costs 2 Bond. So max 5-6 stacks? Maybe 10-12 if dual wielding and both attacks hit? But then you don't have any Bond left for Accurate Wounding Shot/Marked Prey. Well, maybe Whispers of the Endless Paths could help to hit multiple enemies per attack (gain several stacks?).

Seems like Cipher's Ancestor's Memory is almost obligatory...

Edit: Silly me.... Forgot that resources regenerate between encounters. So you actually only need multiple enemy groups to fight.

Edited by Haplok

Ranger had:

10 Marked Prey

10 Stalker's Link

20 Accurate Wounding Shot

(optional 10 from Survival of the Fittest, but need to damage the enemy first).

That's on top of what a Devoted/Monk could have, I think.

Then there is the new Hunter's Claw...

But looking at the description, it seems each stack costs 2 Bond. So max 5-6 stacks? Maybe 10-12 if dual wielding and both attacks hit? But then you don't have any Bond left for Accurate Wounding Shot/Marked Prey. Well, maybe Whispers of the Endless Paths could help to hit multiple enemies per attack (gain several stacks?).

Seems like Cipher's Ancestor's Memory is almost obligatory...

Edit: Silly me.... Forgot that resources regenerate between encounters. So you actually only need multiple enemy groups to fight.

Aye, the new ability can be used between encounters, so it's another 20 accuracy for rangers to one race. Actually even without the new ability I'm able to stack over 180 accuracy on a ranger, so 200 deflection is a big issue to other classes, but not ranger.

I killed him with

Paladin/Ranger x2

+20 Class
+57 Level
+20 ACC from new ability (Don't stack with everything else)
+12 Single Hand
+15 Legendary 
+10 Cap VS Beast
+10 Perc
+10 Marked Prey

+10 Stalker's Link

- - - - - -

165 ACC - Passive

- - - - - 

-10 Flanked
-10 BoW Hat 

- - - - - 

185 ACC - Passive

+10 Flames of Devotion

+10 From Ring to Fire Keywords

OR

+20 Accurate Wounding Shot

- - - - - -

205  ACC

+10 Survival of the Fittest

Obsidian simple don't know what 205 Deflection mean, I really disappointed how they implemented this boss
Edited by mant2si

I also want to point that there exist very funny and simple way to gang bang that mega fail guy, you need Wizard/Ranger and Cipher/Ranger and Priest/Wizard - Cast Brilliant Inspiration  + extend it with Salvation of Time and spam Minoletta's Minor Missiles or just re-cast Concelhaut L7 Hammer until Spider DIE

• Like 1

120 is the highest Accuracy I could stack on my Devoted/Monk. I assume a Mythic weapon (via Blessings) would add 3 or 4. BotEP could stack another 10, IIRC. Past that, it’s debuff time I guess.

You can maybe go higher counting conqueror stance and undirectly with the joker cap (-10 to enemy defences)

You can definitely lower the boss’s defenses, it’s deflection was in the 90’s by the end of the fight. Also it’s not in Ukaizo, it is on its own island that can be reached normally on the map.

Thanks for the info

I also manage to kill this guy with 200+ deflection without Paladin and Brilliant Inspiration + Salvation of Time combo ;)  Just for fun 

Edited by mant2si

Very cool.  However, you should really check out the actual battlefield where the boss spawns.  Basically, as the boss's defenses lower, the boss appears to get stronger, and it will begin using more powerful abilities.  

Full spoilers for the combat follow:  

The boss gets the effect "Empresses's Fury" when the spiderlings that spawn on the battlefield are killed. The effect keeps track of how many spiderlings are killed, and it appears to serve as a multiplier that decreases the boss's defenses while also causing the boss to use more powerful abilities. One of these abilities actually causes the boss to inflict an injury on a character, and as a result, the boss has the ability to permanently kill party members.

The spiderlings continually spawn from a number of mounds on the battlefield which can be destroyed, but destroying the mounds is something of a wash as the spiderlings pose little threat by themselves, and killing them allows you to lower the boss's defenses. With a specialty build with incredibly high accuracy like the one's mentioned above, then it might actually make sense to destroy the spider mounds once the boss's defenses are lowered to a reasonable level.

The boss relies heavily on the petrification affliction, so resting with Shark Soup before the fight will definitely help. Also, the boss's petrification attack, and possibly some of its other attacks, have the poison keyword, so they can be mitigated by using antidotes. Undead summons are also very helpful during this battle, as most of them are immune to the poison keyword.

Edited by DozingDragon
  • Like 5

Very cool.  However, you should really check out the actual battlefield where the boss spawns.  Basically, as the boss's defenses lower, the boss appears to get stronger, and it will begin using more powerful abilities.  

The boss gets the effect "Empresses's Fury" when the spiderlings that spawn on the battlefield are killed. The effect keeps track of how many spiderlings are killed, and it appears to serve as a multiplier that decreases the boss's defenses while also causing the boss to use more powerful abilities. One of these abilities actually causes the boss to inflict an injury on a character, and as a result, the boss has the ability to permanently kill party members.

The spiderlings continually spawn from a number of mounds on the battlefield which can be destroyed, but destroying the mounds is something of a wash as the spiderlings pose little threat by themselves, and killing them allows you to lower the boss's defenses. With a specialty build with incredibly high accuracy like the one's mentioned above, then it might actually make sense to destroy the spider mounds once the boss's defenses are lowered to a reasonable level.

The boss relies heavily on the petrification affliction, so resting with Shark Soup before the fight will definitely help. Also, the boss's petrification attack, and possibly some of its other attacks, have the poison keyword, so they can be mitigated by using antidotes. Undead summons are also very helpful during this battle, as most of them are immune to the poison keyword.

That actually sounds pretty cool. So you have to do a cost benefit analysis to figure out how much you should lower it's defenses to hit it regularly, without lowering them enough to make it use the injury-inflicting ability... 

The only times it used the injury inflicting attack on me, it inflicted at least 4 injuries at once, causing my party member to instantly die. The loot you get from it gives you an ability that can spawn spiders from enemies you kill, I've only had a quick go at this boss but I wonder if that's what's happening when my party members get permakilled

The only times it used the injury inflicting attack on me, it inflicted at least 4 injuries at once, causing my party member to instantly die. The loot you get from it gives you an ability that can spawn spiders from enemies you kill, I've only had a quick go at this boss but I wonder if that's what's happening when my party members get permakilled

I had party members instantly killed from the injury attack on my first attempt, where I did not use Shark Soup before the battle. It’s possible the injury attack will instantly kill a character if they are petrified. Hopefully someone will datamine the exact mechanics.

Very cool. However, you should really check out the actual battlefield where the boss spawns. Basically, as the boss's defenses lower, the boss appears to get stronger, and it will begin using more powerful abilities.

Right, so they gave this boss the Skullcrusher lol. Actually that sounds like an interesting mechanics. Way better than “moar hp moar armour more defence”