v3.0.0 is now available on the Beta Branch

Cdiaz

Question

GOG Beta Update: GoG is now live! Apologies for the inconveniences this may have caused as we sorted out this issue.

Hello everyone!

We have just placed our 3.0 patch onto the Beta Branches of Steam. Click here for instructions of how to join the Beta. Below are the initial patch notes for this release noting the new features and some of the more prominent bugs that have been fixed. As always, please let us know if this patch has any unintended affects on your gamestate or if you encounter any new bugs from this patch, here in our beta forums.

Beta Patch notes for v3.0.0.0012

• Consumed ship resources are now display correctly
  • 5 more Galawain mutations added.
    • Accelerated - Attacks much faster
      Bullish - Attacks interrupt and knock back
      Hardened - Additional AR and Max HP
      Prowling - Invisible (until attacks) and re-invisible if scoring a kill
      Volatile - Explodes when defeated

Beta Patch notes for v3.0.0.0010

New Features & Updates

• New Berath's Blessings - New Berath's Blessings have been added into the game:
    • Loaded Pockets - NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items.
    • Legendary Crew - 3 Veteran Sailors become available in the Kraken's Eye tavern, they are better than normal and cheaper than normal.
    • Discount Craftsman - Crafting and enchanting costs are reduced.
    • Mythical Discovery - Start with a Mythical Adra Stone in the prologue armoire (free upgrade from Legendary → Mythic Quality)
  • New Ranger Abilities - There are now 5 new Ranger abilities added to the game:
    • Hunter's Claw - (2 Bond) Full Attack, The first target hit with this grants +1 Accuracy vs the target's Race until Rest. Subsequent hits against the same race will increase stacks (up to +20). Resting clears all stacks and allows a different race to be chosen.
    • Hunter's Fang - Same as Hunter's Claw, but also grants +1% Damage per stack.
    • Beast's Claw - Same as Hunter's Claw, but also grants +1 Defense per stack.
    • Bonded Fury - (3 Bond), Grants the Ranger's Animal Companion all 6 Tier 2 Inspirations, for 30s.
    • Heart Seeker - (4 Bond), Primary Attack (Ranged Only) Fires an unerring ranged attack that strikes all characters in a line, dealing +100% Damage with +4 Penetration and Enfeebling for 20s.
  • Crystal Eater Empress Megaboss - Megabosses make their debut with the first to make their way into the game; The Crystal Eater Empress! Test your mettle against one the toughest fights within the game. 
    • Located to the West of Ondra's Mortar

• Kill Camera - A new feature has been added to allow for some excitement to combat! Kill Cam will exemplify combat with key events and text! This feature will include options to customize how it works and can be found in the new Camera Tab of the Options Menu.
  • Eothas and Galawain's Challenge - Two New  exciting Challenges will be coming in with this patch from Eothas and Galawain:
    • Eothas- Players must complete the game within a set game time or be met with a Game Over
    • Galawain - Beasts now contain random buffs that are defined at the start of the game, for the duration of the game! Can you survive these dangerous new changes?
      • Vengeful - Gain stacking Power Level when a friendly is killed
        Exalted - Gain Permanent Tier 3 Inspiration (random)
        Unstoppable - Cannot be interrupted / Immune to Afflictions
        Reflecting - Reflect damage back as Raw
        Vampiric - Heal from damage dealt

• New Community Pet - You all voted and the tallies are in! Nebula the Astral Bat is now available in game!
    • You can find the new pet in the Pet Seller in Periki's Outlook.

• Recently Used Spells - Frequently used spells are now remembered and displayed in the UI, so searching through your high list of spells should be a little easier to manage.
  • Resolved Major Issues
    • Characters no longer get stuck in an endless animation loop when using certain abilities with Two-handed weapons.
    • AI Options for Ghost Animal Companions now work as expected.
    • Many older saves that were not working previously due to conversation bundles now load as expected.
    • Various frame-rate fixes for players that experience drops during extended play.
    • The Enchanting Menu does not display when the Crafting Menu is opened.
      • Tekehu no longer prevents progression in the Shadows of Nekataka quest if placed in reserves.
        The Ukaizo Guardian now spawns correctly when it should.
        All abilities now work as expected in the Behavior Editor.
        End Game Slides now work as expected when on the Atsura slide.

Fixes
    • Many typos from our typo megathread have been addressed.
    • Full Attacks from fireams in offhand no longer have a 0 recovery time.
    • Portraits display correct images when playing the game in Linux.
    • TEMP text no longer displays for Magran's Challenge.
    • Menus no longer overlap in Ship Combat.
    • Adventurers in towns now show the correct data.
    • Mod Manager displays correctly in the Options Menu.
    • All Pets use the correct model that is expected
    • Director Castol has had his conversation fixed for typos.
    • The Producer's Sword shows up correctly for Mac Users.
    • The default text box displays in the selected language at launch.
    • Combat Log displays in the language selected when changed in game.
    • Alcoholic Beverages no longer display missing strings.
    • Ikiuq Crew member now displays his correct model in game.
    • Loading a save after a character dies in combat no longer results in an infinite load screen for Mac users.
    • Orlans ears display correctly when wearing the Acorn Helm.
    • The main menu can no longer be opened during SI conversations that would break Trial of Iron saves.
    • The conversation window is no longer obscured if opened with the ESC button during a dialog.
    • All interface layouts now display the UI notifications correctly.
    • Druid Shift forms no longer crash the game when inventory items are moved.
    • Performance no longer drops when viewing Spiritshift model forms in the Inventory Screen.
    • The Crookspur Vessel will no longer continuously attempt to engage retreating ships.
    • Spiritual Weapon VFX now properly aligns with the model.
    • Rods now deal the correct type of damage when attacking with them.
    • Crew member models no longer spawn at the same point simultaneously.
    • Attacking destructibles from stealth now properly removes stealth from the attacker.
    • Auto-Attack As Default Action toggle has been implemented to AI Behavior.
      • Eder's reaction is no longer triggered by his own dialogue line during Burning Bridges.
        All abilities will now work when using Whispers of the Endless Paths
        Lover's Embrace no longer contains typos in its stat block
        Ball and Chain's "Irrepressible" effect does not activate on resisted effects.
        Players can no longer kill the Bardatto family and make peace afterwards
        Belda now holds her pistol correctly during the Bardatto Vault quest line.
        Cadhu Scath Shield now displays the right texture on the inner side.
        Uto's model reflects the correct eye is missing as mentioned in his conversation.
        The Armor Invoice from Rowen no longer has a will keyword incorrectly.
        The Drowned Kingdom now contains the correct end state if the King refuses to leave his realm.
        Combat does not immediately start in the Balefire Beacon.
        Chloe pet's name matches its stat block.
        Xaurip Wildgards no longer get stuck when casting Wicked Briars

• Like 15

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

... (and without Expert mode) even more!

Is it a bug that I started all the challenges (minus Magrans') last night and expert mode wasn't enabled, I had to turn it off the tutorials were driving me crazy ... if its not a bug you can play them without expert enabled :)

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

Hm.. so it costs 2 Bond to apply 1 stack... and you need 2 Bond for each following stack? My initial understanding of this ability was different, that each hit (regarles of attack ability/autoattack) after the first "marking" would add stacks. So without resource regeneration effects, you can apply max 5-6 stacks (and do nothing else)? Then its not so great, unless you build your party for it (include a high level Cipher for Brilliant)...

Although you could maybe maximize its effects with an aoe melee weapon?

So you have to keep using this talent to add stacks? You cant add stacks with just normal attacks?

Really? Wtf

That is a complete waste of time no? You have to waste 2 level up choices and then basicaly all your bond for probably 4 or 5 fights to get the max stack. And then it only works on one race? And gets wiped when u rest

Am i reading this correctly?

I respectfully disagree.

I actually think that doing it this way makes the use of the ability more tactical. It forces you make a conscious decision to use Hunters Claw often to prepare for a specific fight where it may be useful, or to use other abilities.

I could see it being useful in the Hanging Sepulchers, for instance. You don't really need to blow off all your nice abilities in the earlier fights- but could use those earlier, easier fights to stack Hunters Claw on vessels in preparation for the possible battle with Yseyr. It also has the added benefit of making resting not necessarily the best option to prepare before a big fight.

It comes at a huge cost for very little benefit that might not even pay off.

A first time player would not be able to use this ability pretty much at all. If you had alot of meta knowledge from previous playthroughs you may be able to set this ability up for " the big boss fight" where you will have maybe an extra +10 to 15  Accuracy and 10- 15% extra damage. Even if you do pull it off that is alot of work to get to this very underwhelming point at the cost of a huge amount of bond. You would have to fight through multiple fights applying the talent in MELEE (not using ranged ) to get these numbers. 

Im sorry but this is beyond stupid. Obsidian you do some really great things and some really stupid things and this is the absolute crowning moment of your stupidity. Why introduce such great and varied talents that have such little payoff at such a huge cost?

And again the extra accuracey is just not needed. Rangers allready have about 5 talents they can pick to increase accuracy. Why introduce another one?

Completely beyond stupid.

Edited by Teclis23
  • Like 2

So MegaBoss is just big spider with big numbers ? I spawn him via console and was disappointed. Did someone try to fight him in his natural habitat ?

the spider has incredibly high defenses, so high that the average player won't be able to land a hit on it. The arena where you fight it spawns normal spiders infinitely, and killing one of them reduces the big spider's defenses by 1. So you have to kill enough little spiders to get the big spider's defenses down to a level where you can take it out, but you can't just run around ignoring the big spider because it has very powerful petrify attacks and the ability to inflict permadeath on party members. It's an interesting setup and pretty tense
  • Like 1

I've uploaded a savegame to dropbox, I'm not sure if I can just link to it (don't really use dropbox) but worth a shot:

Download link

This is right after landing at Ukaizo Harbour, no sign of the Guardian. Maybe it'll help with testing.

By the way, when entering Ondra's Mortar, part of the scripted sequence before you reach Ukaizo has a bit where you can choose to look over your companions. My party was Rekke, Mirke, Ydwin and Fassina, and the game booted me out of the scripted sequence and I couldn't get back in and had to reload. It looks like that bit wasn't made with the expectation that someone would go to Ukaizo with an all-sidekick party?

Anyway, I'm complaining but to be fair I don't really care.

If the ability isn't strong enough it might be buffed.

If I don't like how it works, I can simply avoid it.

Ranger has a lot of nice low level goodies such as this wonderful disenchanting shot (uncle Keldorn would be proud).

Ranger needed a couple more Tier 8 & 9 and that what the patch gave them. So that's perfect I am quite happy.

Not just ranger, There are many classes need more 8 & 9 tier abilities.

• Like 1

Anyway, I'm complaining but to be fair I don't really care.

If the ability isn't strong enough it might be buffed.

If I don't like how it works, I can simply avoid it.

Ranger has a lot of nice low level goodies such as this wonderful disenchanting shot (uncle Keldorn would be proud).

Ranger needed a couple more Tier 8 & 9 and that what the patch gave them. So that's perfect I am quite happy.

Not just ranger, There are many classes need more 8 & 9 tier abilities.

It is really nice they heard the community out about the Ranger. I'm sure they will do the same for other classes' that are lacking upper tier abilities.

• Like 2

GOG Beta Update: GoG is now live! Apologies for the inconveniences this may have caused as we sorted out this issue.

Hello everyone!

We have just placed our 3.0 patch onto the Beta Branches of Steam. Click here for instructions of how to join the Beta. Below are the initial patch notes for this release noting the new features and some of the more prominent bugs that have been fixed. As always, please let us know if this patch has any unintended affects on your gamestate or if you encounter any new bugs from this patch, here in our beta forums.

Beta Patch notes for v3.0.0.0012

• Consumed ship resources are now display correctly
  • 5 more Galawain mutations added.
    • Accelerated - Attacks much faster

Bullish - Attacks interrupt and knock back

Hardened - Additional AR and Max HP

Prowling - Invisible (until attacks) and re-invisible if scoring a kill

Volatile - Explodes when defeated

Beta Patch notes for v3.0.0.0010

New Features & Updates

• New Berath's Blessings - New Berath's Blessings have been added into the game:
    • Loaded Pockets - NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items.
    • Legendary Crew - 3 Veteran Sailors become available in the Kraken's Eye tavern, they are better than normal and cheaper than normal.
    • Discount Craftsman - Crafting and enchanting costs are reduced.
    • Mythical Discovery - Start with a Mythical Adra Stone in the prologue armoire (free upgrade from Legendary → Mythic Quality)
  • New Ranger Abilities - There are now 5 new Ranger abilities added to the game:
    • Hunter's Claw - (2 Bond) Full Attack, The first target hit with this grants +1 Accuracy vs the target's Race until Rest. Subsequent hits against the same race will increase stacks (up to +20). Resting clears all stacks and allows a different race to be chosen.
    • Hunter's Fang - Same as Hunter's Claw, but also grants +1% Damage per stack.
    • Beast's Claw - Same as Hunter's Claw, but also grants +1 Defense per stack.
    • Bonded Fury - (3 Bond), Grants the Ranger's Animal Companion all 6 Tier 2 Inspirations, for 30s.
    • Heart Seeker - (4 Bond), Primary Attack (Ranged Only) Fires an unerring ranged attack that strikes all characters in a line, dealing +100% Damage with +4 Penetration and Enfeebling for 20s.

Sadly i was expecting more full attack options and animations for 2H - Sword and Board - SH because the next DLC is more combat oriented.

It's not so hard - A bashing is implemented already in other shields since POE1, just need to add more damage (based on the shield deflection and add an affliction to it)

2H could do increased damage or bonus penetration and SH gives assured critical plus +25% critical dmg. We don't want dual wield to be nerfed, just the other options to be as cool.

The new ranger skill is kinda odd. Why people would spend that much time fiddling with enemies if Accurate Wounding Shot already gives Full Attack, adds +20 ACC and 20% weapon damage as Raw?  and costs only 1 bound?  

Maybe i'm getting it wrong and all attacks receives this bonus AC and Damage. However if this is the case the player will have to always play the game in a meta fashion, breaking the imersion and increasing cheesing tactics. 

Lets take the BoW DLC as example.

First the player enters in a encounter with kith, use the skill and get out of the fight, reseting everything except the bonus. Now he will destroy all the kith in combat with the added damage and ACC.  However he wiil need beast for the last boss. So time to use it on a resetable encounter. Build the stacks to max on a beast and go back to the boss.

People will start saving encounters to match bosses' racial or do what i'm doing and just pick one, maximize it and forget about it.

IMO  a better way to do this would be a cumulative passive that can be chosen multiple times versus each race (+5 AC and 5% dmg per improvement since all the ranger skills have no dmg increase to a max of +20AC and +20%dmg  for single and 10AC + 10% for multi ) much like the druids passives. This way the player could build the ranger closer to a slayer than a hunter. That will bring back the classic themes of a ranger.

The way it is adds an unecessary and boring complexity.

Slayer of Kith, Beasts and ETC.

Like PL  II +5 +5  

PL IV +10 +10

PL VIII + 15 + 15

PL IX +20 + 20.

If another skill is needed you can do something as "Prey on the Weak" (whatever the name )

Full attack

+10 AC

if the enemy is suferring from a DoT the skill make the wounds rupture itself dealing the ticks instantly and aditional raw dmg based on pl. ( the earlier applied Dot)

Upgrades -  Feed from the Strong" 

If the enemy is hurt or above the ranger gains the tenacious buff for 10 sec.

Weak pack -

When enemy wounds rupture the enemies around are weakened.

and maybe

Nature's strike.

Primary

AC+10

The ranger deals raw damage as poison for X secons. 

Upgrades

Virulency -

If the enemy dies while affected by the poison it spreads to other enemies.

Decay

The poison causes enfeebled affliction.

In my humble opinion this would make Ranger way more fun and interesting to play. The way it is  the class can be considered his compations' pet and not the otherway around.

Thanks for reading and sorry for bothering.

Edited by Siegdarth
  • Like 1

Re-introduce the slayer talent is a good idea yeah. It is less complexed than hunter's claw, but have a similar purpose. Maybe there can be a d&d bane of enemies kind talent for ranger. The hunter's claw feels very mandatory and inefficient unless u have a lot meta knowledge of the game, and arrange your incoming combats carefully to maximize its benefit.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 2

Hm.. so it costs 2 Bond to apply 1 stack... and you need 2 Bond for each following stack? My initial understanding of this ability was different, that each hit (regarles of attack ability/autoattack) after the first "marking" would add stacks. So without resource regeneration effects, you can apply max 5-6 stacks (and do nothing else)? Then its not so great, unless you build your party for it (include a high level Cipher for Brilliant)...

So you have to keep using this talent to add stacks? You cant add stacks with just normal attacks?

Really? Wtf

That is a complete waste of time no? You have to waste 2 level up choices and then basicaly all your bond for probably 4 or 5 fights to get the max stack. And then it only works on one race? And gets wiped when u rest

I respectfully disagree.

I actually think that doing it this way makes the use of the ability more tactical. It forces you make a conscious decision to use Hunters Claw often to prepare for a specific fight where it may be useful, or to use other abilities.

I could see it being useful in the Hanging Sepulchers, for instance. You don't really need to blow off all your nice abilities in the earlier fights- but could use those earlier, easier fights to stack Hunters Claw on vessels in preparation for the possible battle with Yseyr. It also has the added benefit of making resting not necessarily the best option to prepare before a big fight.

A first time player would not be able to use this ability pretty much at all. If you had alot of meta knowledge from previous playthroughs you may be able to set this ability up for " the big boss fight" where you will have maybe an extra +10 to 15  Accuracy and 10- 15% extra damage. Even if you do pull it off that is alot of work to get to this very underwhelming point at the cost of a huge amount of bond. You would have to fight through multiple fights applying the talent in MELEE (not using ranged ) to get these numbers. 

Im sorry but this is beyond stupid. Obsidian you do some really great things and some really stupid things and this is the absolute crowning moment of your stupidity. Why introduce such great and varied talents that have such little payoff at such a huge cost?

And again the extra accuracey is just not needed. Rangers allready have about 5 talents they can pick to increase accuracy. Why introduce another one?

It doesn't take meta knowledge to know that there will likely be undead in a crypt. (Hanging Sepulchers)

It also doesn't take meta knowledge to know that an island invaded by a mysterious enemy will likely be of the same type/race. (Naga in Hasongo)

You probably see where I'm going with this- there are other examples.

It's good game design to have enemies varied, but of a similar thematic design to tie down narrative; it wouldn't make sense to have a pack of wolves hanging around in a sealed crypt. So, because of that, this ability essentially takes advantage of the fact that you are usually going to find enemies of the same type throughout the various encounters in any given area/dungeon. 

Even if you blindly go around whacking things with Hunters Claw, your still going to run into enemies of the same type in the same area.*

It's up to you whether to use the per-encounter resources for the stacking potential of Hunters Claw or to not. 

*yes, I realize this is a generalization- there's going to be some variety in enemy type/race, but in general it holds true.

Eh, I kinda like the flavor of Hunter's claw. You study, prepare, patiently stalk and reap benefits. But it may be pretty cumbersome in practice indeed.

Plus I agree that more Accuracy bonuses wasn't necessarily what the Ranger needed. The upgrade helps but... a MAX of 20% additive damage bonus vs one enemy race after several encounters and min. 20 Bond spent is terribly underwhelming at PL VI.

Rogues get +50% passive vs all - with no resources spent and always active if you meet conditions (agreed, they are supposed to be better Strikers, BUT the gap is pretty huge...).

Maybe if it were multiplicative. Or added 3-5% damage per stack

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

Eh, I kinda like the flavor of Hunter's claw. You study, prepare, patiently stalk and reap benefits. But it may be pretty cumbersome in practice indeed.

Plus I agree that more Accuracy bonuses wasn't necessarily what the Ranger needed. The upgrade helps but... a MAX of 20% additive damage bonus vs one enemy race after several encounters and min. 20 Bond spent is terribly underwhelming at PL VI.

Rogues get +50% passive vs all - with no resources spent and always active if you meet conditions (agreed, they are supposed to be better Strikers, BUT the gap is pretty huge...).

Maybe if it were multiplicative. Or added 3-5% damage per stack

Yeah, but they also now get Bonded Fury and Heart Seeker. 

Bonded Fury is  +5 to all animal companion attributes and +2 AR, +2 Pen, +50% Graze-to-hit or the ability to remove/downgrade afflictions for 30s all for 3 Bonds. In contrast Hardy Companion (Pet Heal + Hardy for 6s) is two bonds. 

Heart Seeker is  +100% damage, line AOE with +4 Pen and Enfeebled for 20s isn't anything to scoff at either.

Eh, I'm not thrilled about new pet abilities, although maybe they were needed at a high level. Buffed they will be better.. but do I want to spend Bond for that? They still won't become killing machines. I would prefer a passive effect (though it woulds probably need to be much weaker).

Heartseeker is nice, sure, but it's ranged only, primarily suited for two-handed ranged weapons and only available to pure rangers. Not necessarily a bad thing, but personally I don't plan to play any pure classes. Now pure rangers have 3 pretty exciting skills... I'm never gonna use: Whirling Strikes, Twin Shot and Heartseeker. In fact I guess Heartseeker is in direct competition to Twin Shot...

For multiclasses they only have one thing going: (single target) Accuracy. Okay, also Driving Flight.

Edited by Haplok

just notice new bug in 2.1 when try to advance quest The Painted Masks and Fruitful Alliance at the same time

after first speak to wahaki chief the only remain dialogue option are read her soul

and doing so will change the status of Fruitful Alliance from chief agree alliance to refuse alliance

will this bug be fix in 3.0?

Edited by uuuhhii

Really? Wtf

I respectfully disagree.

It doesn't take meta knowledge to know that there will likely be undead in a crypt. (Hanging Sepulchers)

It also doesn't take meta knowledge to know that an island invaded by a mysterious enemy will likely be of the same type/race. (Naga in Hasongo)

You probably see where I'm going with this- there are other examples.

It's good game design to have enemies varied, but of a similar thematic design to tie down narrative; it wouldn't make sense to have a pack of wolves hanging around in a sealed crypt. So, because of that, this ability essentially takes advantage of the fact that you are usually going to find enemies of the same type throughout the various encounters in any given area/dungeon. 

Even if you blindly go around whacking things with Hunters Claw, your still going to run into enemies of the same type in the same area.*

It's up to you whether to use the per-encounter resources for the stacking potential of Hunters Claw or to not. 

*yes, I realize this is a generalization- there's going to be some variety in enemy type/race, but in general it holds true.

Yeah. The tomb on Neketaka. Let's say you get there about level 9. The place has around 9 encounters and you use on a vessel with dual wield being mandatory. You would have to hold the party and fight 1x1 to spend all your resources on a few enemies to get 18 hits  ( you spent around 9 resources + empower) the next fight you are set to go. It's already meta to fight 1x1 just to raise the stacks. 

This sound stupid, since it's like you lost all your knowledge from a race just by targeting another one. However, it's funcional in this case.

Now you will fight a dragon (beast) however all the enemies there are nagas (wilder). But who whould guess there was a dragon there? So now i will have to find a beast to 1x1 and get more stacks. If you play normaly you would spend more than half the encounters spaming hunters claws on enemies than everthing else. Also it is dumbed down on 2H and 1H.

I would rather use some other combination of skills to increase the ACC than use hunter's claws and that bad VFX

The only place this skill is really amazing is on PToD single run.

Edited by Siegdarth

Eh, I'm not thrilled about new pet abilities, although maybe they were needed at a high level. Buffed they will be better.. but do I want to spend Bond for that? They still won't become killing machines. I would prefer a passive effect (though it woulds probably need to be much weaker).

Heartseeker is nice, sure, but it's ranged only, primarily suited for two-handed ranged weapons and only available to pure rangers. Not necessarily a bad thing, but personally I don't plan to play any pure classes. Now pure rangers have 3 pretty exciting skills... I'm never gonna use: Whirling Strikes, Twin Shot and Heartseeker. In fact I guess Heartseeker is in direct competition to Twin Shot...

I think that's probably the biggest problem with the ranger class as a whole.

The Pets are underwhelming. 

Not only are they mechanically underwhelming, but they are just not interesting. You can't customize their appearance, nor is there really a unique option to choose from to begin with. I'd totally choose a giant beetle or grub if I could. 

• Like 2

Yeah. The tomb on Neketaka. Let's say you get there about level 9. The place has around 9 encounters and you use on a vessel with dual wield being mandatory. You would have to hold the party and fight 1x1 to spend all your resources on a few enemies to get 18 hits  ( you spent around 9 resources + empower) the next fight you are set to go. It's already meta to fight 1x1 just to raise the stacks. 

This sound stupid, since it's like you lost all your knowledge from a race just by targeting another one. However, it's funcional in this case.

Now you will fight a dragon (beast) however all the enemies there are nagas (wilder). But who whould guess there was a dragon there? So now i will have to find a beast to 1x1 and get more stacks. If you play normaly you would spend more than half the encounters spaming hunters claws on enemies than everthing else. Also it is dumbed down on 2H and 1H.

I would rather use some other combination of skills to increase the ACC than use hunter's claws and that bad VFX

Hanging Sepulchers was just an example.

+20 Acc is the cap, but that doesn't mean that +5 or +10 isn't useful. Maybe they need to increase the amount accrued per tick. 

This is also not taking into account the usefulness of  +Damage% (Hunter's Fang) or +Defence (Beast's Claw). 

I just think that it's a mechanically interesting ability- and I don't think it's terribly overpowered, nor do I think it's terribly underpowered. 

Edited by Prince of Lies
  • Like 1

Hanging Sepulchers was just an example.

+20 Acc is the cap, but that doesn't mean that +5 or +10 isn't useful. Maybe they need to increase the amount accrued per tick. 

This is also not taking into account the usefulness of  +Damage% (Hunter's Fang) or +Defence (Beast's Claw). 

I just think that it's a mechanically interesting ability- and I don't think it's terribly overpowered, nor do I think it's terribly underpowered. 

Good luck

Is it a bug that I started all the challenges (minus Magrans') last night and expert mode wasn't enabled, I had to turn it off the tutorials were driving me crazy ... if its not a bug you can play them without expert enabled :)

Just checked and you're right: It's already possible to play the challenges without Expert mode.

I'd love to be able to use mods and Berath's Blessings with them (happy to give up on whatever in-game achievement would be attached to challenges at any point in the future, if any.)

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I've uploaded a savegame to dropbox, I'm not sure if I can just link to it (don't really use dropbox) but worth a shot:

Download link

This is right after landing at Ukaizo Harbour, no sign of the Guardian. Maybe it'll help with testing.

By the way, when entering Ondra's Mortar, part of the scripted sequence before you reach Ukaizo has a bit where you can choose to look over your companions. My party was Rekke, Mirke, Ydwin and Fassina, and the game booted me out of the scripted sequence and I couldn't get back in and had to reload. It looks like that bit wasn't made with the expectation that someone would go to Ukaizo with an all-sidekick party?

Interesting. Ill get this looked into. Thanks for bringing this up!

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Very serious UI bug in Russian translation 3.0.0.0012

All ingame text which should be in boldface type - on abilities sheets, item weapon and armor sheets, characher sheets and some other text - now looks like regular type (exept colons, which is bold). Even <b>Text</b> tag are not working anymore. English and other romanian languages are ok.

Step to reproduce: simple comparing russian and english ingame text, try to use <b>Text</b> tag in russian text

I assume this is something connected with B-Mac's mentioned changes in modding tread:

"All languages now use the same font asset, which contains all the characters from all the supported languages. That means these characters can be used in any game text without switching the font with TextMesh Pro tags".

Please, fix it before release, becose it looks awful ;(

Edited by Phenomenum