v3.0.0 is now available on the Beta Branch

Cdiaz

Question

GOG Beta Update: GoG is now live! Apologies for the inconveniences this may have caused as we sorted out this issue.

Hello everyone!

We have just placed our 3.0 patch onto the Beta Branches of Steam. Click here for instructions of how to join the Beta. Below are the initial patch notes for this release noting the new features and some of the more prominent bugs that have been fixed. As always, please let us know if this patch has any unintended affects on your gamestate or if you encounter any new bugs from this patch, here in our beta forums.

Beta Patch notes for v3.0.0.0012

• Consumed ship resources are now display correctly
  • 5 more Galawain mutations added.
    • Accelerated - Attacks much faster
      Bullish - Attacks interrupt and knock back
      Hardened - Additional AR and Max HP
      Prowling - Invisible (until attacks) and re-invisible if scoring a kill
      Volatile - Explodes when defeated

Beta Patch notes for v3.0.0.0010

New Features & Updates

• New Berath's Blessings - New Berath's Blessings have been added into the game:
    • Loaded Pockets - NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items.
    • Legendary Crew - 3 Veteran Sailors become available in the Kraken's Eye tavern, they are better than normal and cheaper than normal.
    • Discount Craftsman - Crafting and enchanting costs are reduced.
    • Mythical Discovery - Start with a Mythical Adra Stone in the prologue armoire (free upgrade from Legendary → Mythic Quality)
  • New Ranger Abilities - There are now 5 new Ranger abilities added to the game:
    • Hunter's Claw - (2 Bond) Full Attack, The first target hit with this grants +1 Accuracy vs the target's Race until Rest. Subsequent hits against the same race will increase stacks (up to +20). Resting clears all stacks and allows a different race to be chosen.
    • Hunter's Fang - Same as Hunter's Claw, but also grants +1% Damage per stack.
    • Beast's Claw - Same as Hunter's Claw, but also grants +1 Defense per stack.
    • Bonded Fury - (3 Bond), Grants the Ranger's Animal Companion all 6 Tier 2 Inspirations, for 30s.
    • Heart Seeker - (4 Bond), Primary Attack (Ranged Only) Fires an unerring ranged attack that strikes all characters in a line, dealing +100% Damage with +4 Penetration and Enfeebling for 20s.
  • Crystal Eater Empress Megaboss - Megabosses make their debut with the first to make their way into the game; The Crystal Eater Empress! Test your mettle against one the toughest fights within the game. 
    • Located to the West of Ondra's Mortar

• Kill Camera - A new feature has been added to allow for some excitement to combat! Kill Cam will exemplify combat with key events and text! This feature will include options to customize how it works and can be found in the new Camera Tab of the Options Menu.
  • Eothas and Galawain's Challenge - Two New  exciting Challenges will be coming in with this patch from Eothas and Galawain:
    • Eothas- Players must complete the game within a set game time or be met with a Game Over
    • Galawain - Beasts now contain random buffs that are defined at the start of the game, for the duration of the game! Can you survive these dangerous new changes?
      • Vengeful - Gain stacking Power Level when a friendly is killed
        Exalted - Gain Permanent Tier 3 Inspiration (random)
        Unstoppable - Cannot be interrupted / Immune to Afflictions
        Reflecting - Reflect damage back as Raw
        Vampiric - Heal from damage dealt

• New Community Pet - You all voted and the tallies are in! Nebula the Astral Bat is now available in game!
    • You can find the new pet in the Pet Seller in Periki's Outlook.

• Recently Used Spells - Frequently used spells are now remembered and displayed in the UI, so searching through your high list of spells should be a little easier to manage.
  • Resolved Major Issues
    • Characters no longer get stuck in an endless animation loop when using certain abilities with Two-handed weapons.
    • AI Options for Ghost Animal Companions now work as expected.
    • Many older saves that were not working previously due to conversation bundles now load as expected.
    • Various frame-rate fixes for players that experience drops during extended play.
    • The Enchanting Menu does not display when the Crafting Menu is opened.
      • Tekehu no longer prevents progression in the Shadows of Nekataka quest if placed in reserves.
        The Ukaizo Guardian now spawns correctly when it should.
        All abilities now work as expected in the Behavior Editor.
        End Game Slides now work as expected when on the Atsura slide.

Fixes
    • Many typos from our typo megathread have been addressed.
    • Full Attacks from fireams in offhand no longer have a 0 recovery time.
    • Portraits display correct images when playing the game in Linux.
    • TEMP text no longer displays for Magran's Challenge.
    • Menus no longer overlap in Ship Combat.
    • Adventurers in towns now show the correct data.
    • Mod Manager displays correctly in the Options Menu.
    • All Pets use the correct model that is expected
    • Director Castol has had his conversation fixed for typos.
    • The Producer's Sword shows up correctly for Mac Users.
    • The default text box displays in the selected language at launch.
    • Combat Log displays in the language selected when changed in game.
    • Alcoholic Beverages no longer display missing strings.
    • Ikiuq Crew member now displays his correct model in game.
    • Loading a save after a character dies in combat no longer results in an infinite load screen for Mac users.
    • Orlans ears display correctly when wearing the Acorn Helm.
    • The main menu can no longer be opened during SI conversations that would break Trial of Iron saves.
    • The conversation window is no longer obscured if opened with the ESC button during a dialog.
    • All interface layouts now display the UI notifications correctly.
    • Druid Shift forms no longer crash the game when inventory items are moved.
    • Performance no longer drops when viewing Spiritshift model forms in the Inventory Screen.
    • The Crookspur Vessel will no longer continuously attempt to engage retreating ships.
    • Spiritual Weapon VFX now properly aligns with the model.
    • Rods now deal the correct type of damage when attacking with them.
    • Crew member models no longer spawn at the same point simultaneously.
    • Attacking destructibles from stealth now properly removes stealth from the attacker.
    • Auto-Attack As Default Action toggle has been implemented to AI Behavior.
      • Eder's reaction is no longer triggered by his own dialogue line during Burning Bridges.
        All abilities will now work when using Whispers of the Endless Paths
        Lover's Embrace no longer contains typos in its stat block
        Ball and Chain's "Irrepressible" effect does not activate on resisted effects.
        Players can no longer kill the Bardatto family and make peace afterwards
        Belda now holds her pistol correctly during the Bardatto Vault quest line.
        Cadhu Scath Shield now displays the right texture on the inner side.
        Uto's model reflects the correct eye is missing as mentioned in his conversation.
        The Armor Invoice from Rowen no longer has a will keyword incorrectly.
        The Drowned Kingdom now contains the correct end state if the King refuses to leave his realm.
        Combat does not immediately start in the Balefire Beacon.
        Chloe pet's name matches its stat block.
        Xaurip Wildgards no longer get stuck when casting Wicked Briars

• Like 15

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Full Attacks from fireams in offhand no longer have a 0 recovery time.

This one seems like a big deal for some builds.  I've been away for a bit-- was this something folks were expecting?

I think there was an exploit with a gun in offhand that allowed you to keep attacking without any recovery or reload time.

Edit: there is a video here.

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

• Hunter's Claw - (2 Bond) Full Attack, The first target hit with this grants +1 Accuracy vs the target's Race until Rest. Subsequent hits against the same race will increase stacks (up to +20). Resting clears all stacks and allows a different race to be chosen.

Good to have new abilities but rangers allready have so many talents that increase accuracy surely they could have done something different here. This is gaming at its worst here

• Like 2

Good to have new abilities but rangers allready have so many talents that increase accuracy surely they could have done something different here. This is gaming at its worst here

I don't like this ability either, it doesn't catch my eyes as u said, rangers have already a lot acc bonus. The rest two ability feels good tho.

• Like 2

I don't like this ability either, it doesn't catch my eyes as u said, rangers have already a lot acc bonus. The rest two ability feels good tho.

I just checked on the BETA. They are upgrades form the accuracy talent so you have to pick the accuracy talent no mater what

I just checked on the BETA. They are upgrades form the accuracy talent so you have to pick the accuracy talent no mater what

I mean the bonded fury and heart seeker.

Mythic already existed in the first game, though. It kind of makes sense to have it on a selected few items.

Kinda need all soulbound to be able to upgrade to legendary, though.

EDIT: Eothas’s challenge is very thematically appropriate, and Galawain’s makes me want to be able to use the challenges with Blessings and mods (and without Expert mode) even more!

Curious about the mega boss and kill camera feature, and I love the new Berath’s Blessings.

Good fixes too—glad to see more typos addressed to boot :) Looking forward to feedback on the random encounters bug.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Ranger getting even more ACC is nice. Imagine you want to fight a certain endboss. like a dragon: go grab Hunter's Claw and upgrades, kill some cheapo beetles first, then some tigers, then off to the dragon with a huge pile of ACC and dmg bonuses. :)

Also stacks with Red Hand's bonus on kill I hope?

It also is a bit nostalgic: D&D rangers had some "enemy" races with special bonuses. But you couldn't change the race. This approach I like better. It's more tactical and you have to plan ahead a bit.   

• Like 5

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ranger getting even more ACC is nice. Imagine you want to fight a certain endboss. like a dragon: go grab Hunter's Claw and upgrades, kill some cheapo beetles first, then some tigers, then off to the dragon with a huge pile of ACC and dmg bonuses. :)

Also stacks with Red Hand's bonus on kill I hope?

It also is a bit nostalgic: D&D rangers had some "enemy" races with special bonuses. But you couldn't change the race. This approach I like better. It's more tactical and you have to plan ahead a bit.   

No to get the extra accuracy you need to hit a creature of the same race. So if you hit a dragon 20 times you would get extra 20 accuracy and plus 20 to all defenses potentialy if you picked the upgrade for it. 

Rangers are the new boss killer

Bonded fury is super powerful. If it works with ghost heart its pretty safe to say that ghost heart rangers are more powerful summoners then chanters now. Far more powerful actually

Edited by Teclis23