"Set Poe1 game stats" - questions For min/maxers ?

As far as I know, you need to consider the following (BEWARE SPOILERS):

• Gift from the machine (+1 MIG, +5% max health)
  • Effigy's Resentment (varies depending on companion sacrificed)
  • Devil of Caroc must not kill that quest NPC, otherwise you lose out on a very good breastplate

I'm not sure whether any other choices affect your character mechanically.

• Like 1

• Devil of Caroc must not kill that quest NPC, otherwise you lose out on a very good breastplate

What about in PoE 2? Are there quests or anything that gives permanent stat boosts?

What about in PoE 2? Are there quests or anything that gives permanent stat boosts?

I'm talking about Deadfire.  There are many more things in POE1 that affect that stats, that (as far as I know) do not carry over to Deadfire.

For example, the Songbird quest.

There is only one permanent stat boost you can get in Deadfire, and you get to choose the stat when you get there. It’s an high-level island.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

There is only one permanent stat boost you can get in Deadfire, and you get to choose the stat when you get there. It’s an high-level island.

I just realised he was asking for stuff that happens specifically in Deadfire, and not carryovers from POE1.  Reading comprehension ftw

Sorry, perhaps I was a bit unclear ! I was in fact thinking of all carryover changes  that come with Poe1 choices into Poe2  !  not the ones that you find in poe2 (as theres already a good thread about that one) :

this is a good min/max guide for poe2:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101300-guide-permanent-bonuses-approach-for-a-no-rest-run/

• Like 1

I just realised he was asking for stuff that happens specifically in Deadfire, and not carryovers from POE1.  Reading comprehension ftw

Sorry, perhaps I was a bit unclear ! I was in fact thinking of all carryover changes  that come with Poe1 choices into Poe2  !  not the ones that you find in poe2 (as theres already a good thread about that one) :

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101300-guide-permanent-bonuses-approach-for-a-no-rest-run/

Oh!  Ok then.  In that case I think I covered all the bonuses.

Awesome stuff!

Actually, that was a lie—you can also get the Infamous Captain talent, so there are two permanent bonuses in Deadfire (on top of those that carry over from the first game.)

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus