Best Armor for a Melee Mindstalker (Soulblade/Trickster)?

Hey guys,

Having a bit of trouble deciding what armor I want to use for my melee Mindstalker (Soulblade/Trickster) build for the bulk of the game. So far, it's a choice between:

1. Devil of Caroc Breastplate: My go-to for most builds, though the +2 Power Source doesn't matter as much in a melee/caster multi. Also, I don't really need that much Guile per-combat, only three for my main buffs. At level 20, it's 11 Guile compared to 9. The Recovery Speed buff is also nice, but I'm not sure how mandatory it is precisely. It's also got more armor on it overall. Plus it can be acquired super early.

2. Gipon Prudensco: Definitely wins from an aesthetic perspective, and that's important. I wouldn't be as durable as I would be wearing the DoC BP, but then I have Body Attunement. Grants Inspirations upon starting combat, as well as immunity to flanked or immunity to disengagement attacks, but not both. Takes a tough ship battle to get, though. 

Any other good choices? I'm leaning toward just using Miscreant's until I'm strong enough to get Gipon. 

Why pick between these two when Miscreant's with Abraham is better for this character?

Pale Elves with bare sleeves just look weird to me. Aesthetics is a big part of the decision. 

Why pick between these two when Miscreant's with Abraham is better for this character?

Nah DoC >> Miscreant in most cases.

Hmm. Is that just for the +2 Guile, or do the armor bonuses matter more on their own?

Because this was about melee and not ranged and you need 12 ar at least in melee.

Maybe you do. I'd never use that for solo, but in a group? Always.

Pale Elves with bare sleeves just look weird to me. Aesthetics is a big part of the decision. 

Fair enough.