So is the 3.00 patch still coming out on the 25th and what are they doing in it?

The last patch came out only just recently so I am slightly concerned that it may be delayed what is the latest word with this.

Also what are they planning to do in the patch anyone know? My wish list would be:

1. Fix mid to late levels POTD balancing!!!!

2. Fix guardian uzakio boss bug not showing up

3. Fix defensive mindweb on cipher

4. Buff druids and priests as they no where near as strong as wizards

5. Look at giving druids and priests more flexibility with spell choice as they don’t have access to grimoires

6. Give rangers more non pet based talents

7. Spamming sworn enemy and flames and devotions every single fight with paladins is just killing the fun with paladins. They need to fix this. There is only so many times you can do this before you go crazy.

The beta addresses 2 and 6 (although maybe people will want more :p).

Nice. Thanks!

Edit: woah...those are some really cool changes. Esp the Eothos!

I'm not interested in Eothas', but Gallawain's Challenge is really nice.

sign.jpg

The last patch came out only just recently so I am slightly concerned that it may be delayed what is the latest word with this.

Also what are they planning to do in the patch anyone know? My wish list would be:

5. Look at giving druids and priests more flexibility with spell choice as they don’t have access to grimoires

6. Give rangers more non pet based talents7. Spamming sworn enemy and flames and devotions every single fight with paladins is just killing the fun with paladins. They need to fix this. There is only so many times you can do this before you go crazy.

I did it, for 105 hours. It definetly affected my plans for what I want to mod about character abilities in general, and about fighter types in particular.

Also, imagine my shock when yesterday I found out that many battles are over faster by just select all and auto attack instead of pausing and using spells (abilities).

I was aware of this problem long ago. The sad thing is the first game did not have this problem. Spells actually mattered in the first game and had a greater impact. In deadfire all you have to do is auto attack every fight and it’s over no problem

7. Spamming sworn enemy and flames and devotions every single fight with paladins is just killing the fun with paladins. They need to fix this. There is only so many times you can do this before you go crazy.

Instead, nerf pls wizards, that they become equal **** as druids and priests! Like they did with the dual wield full attack. I don't know if the developers even know what buffing means.

As a matter of fact, Josh posted a very nice article on Nerfs and Buffs, I think that was like, back in 2017 or something.

I have taken the time to find it again for you, here you go, I hope you enjoy the read !

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/161302725596/balance-in-single-player-crpgs

He nerfed the only good option martial classes had in combat and the other two are still bad and most of the ppl just don't use it because of that. It was clearly the wrong decision.

• Like 1

Instead, nerf pls wizards, that they become equal **** as druids and priests! Like they did with the dual wield full attack. I don't know if the developers even know what buffing means.

As a matter of fact, Josh posted a very nice article on Nerfs and Buffs, I think that was like, back in 2017 or something.

I have taken the time to find it again for you, here you go, I hope you enjoy the read !

He nerfed the only good option martial classes had in combat and the other two are still bad and most of the ppl just don't use it because of that. It was clearly the wrong decision.

I do not follow, will you please clarify ?

Which nerf is it that you're referring to, the Dual Wield -35% damage penalty ?

If they've gone too heavy on the nerfhammer, I have full confidence that they'll hear the feedback we give.

Although I understand that wouldn't be an optimal solution (or a solution at all to be honest), a quick band-aid fix would be to create a mod that rolls back the change !

While I haven't personally checked out PoE2 modding, the number of available mods out there seems to indicate it's much more user-friendly than in PoE1.

If they've gone too heavy on the nerfhammer, I have full confidence that they'll hear the feedback we give.

I envy your optimism.

So far, none of the unnecessary (and at times petty) nerfs from 1.1 have been undone or revised.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I envy your optimism.

So far, none of the unnecessary (and at times petty) nerfs from 1.1 have been undone or revised.

I could be unhappy about this or that change and skulk in my corner, or I could play the optimist card.

They revert the change ? Great !

They keep the change ? Great, I'll just play a bit differently \o/

Either way I win and have a great time !

In the end, it is your conscious decision whatever you choose to feel about this or that event.

Conditioning yourself to react positively to events is a great quality of life enhancement ;)

• Like 2

I do not follow, will you please clarify ?

Which nerf is it that you're referring to, the Dual Wield -35% damage penalty ?

Although I understand that wouldn't be an optimal solution (or a solution at all to be honest), a quick band-aid fix would be to create a mod that rolls back the change !

While I haven't personally checked out PoE2 modding, the number of available mods out there seems to indicate it's much more user-friendly than in PoE1.

They don't care. I don't even know, how you can come up with something terrible like that, to nerf the only good option and not buff the terrible ones, what still nobody wants to use. In the end, the matial classes have to put everything in to arcana to gain enough pen for the heavy bosses and let meteor shower etc. rain on them.

Wow. Its amazing at how many people try and derail a thread just becuase they didnt agree with my patch requests to further there agenda

Dont worry we can all see you for what you reqlly are

You seem to be taking this personally, when really there is no reason you should.

If you like, we can go through your wishlist together and work from there ?

With regards to points 2 and 6, that would seem to be included in patch 3.0.0

With regards to point 7, it looks like a lot of people agree with that, one can only hope Obsidian saw that as well.

It might even be more effective if you were to suggest examples of abilities you'd like to see !

I don't know, some kind of holy smite light thingy, or condemnation aura that inflicts damage on whoever strikes the paladin ?

With regards to point 1 about POTD balancing in the "mid to late" levels :

A/ what do you consider to be mid to late levels ?

Is that from level 8 onward ? 13 ? higher ?

Does that "mid to late" apply to everyone, or just a subset of classes (say, martial vs casters) ?

B/ what is the balance issue you'd like to address ?

Are enemies too hard ?
Or, I assume, too easy after you've gained some levels and hardware ?
What is too easy about them, they get CC'd too easily ? they deal too little damage ? they do not use their skills often enough ?

C/ How would you suggest the issue be addressed ?
Do you think we need a higher count of enemies ?
A higher "class" of enemies ? (say for example, a champion instead of a skirmisher, a high priest instead of a regular priest)
Perhaps a bit of both ?
Or do you want enemies to have exponentially higher stats, for example defenses or HP ?

I trust you can see where I'm going with that, we can easily do the same with your other points.

The problem with your wishlist is you ask for subjective things, you're basically being too vague.
As the requester, it is your job to ensure that the recipient has all the relevant information they need to work with.
They just cannot sit there and try to guess what you wanted in the first place, it just doesn't work.

Will you please pick up where you left off, and see if you can add some more detail to what you don't like, why, and how that could be improved ?
I'm sure we can have a productive and satisfying discussion here, it's all about putting some effort into it.
  • Like 6

the PoTD thread :biggrin: wait a minute @dam you posted on this thread ...

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105036-petition-do-we-want-to-see-the-game-made-harder-on-potd-on-the-late-levels-please-voice-your-concern-here/page-10

But honest no spoilers please

Edited by aaronghowell

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy