So is the 3.00 patch still coming out on the 25th and what are they doing in it?

The last patch came out only just recently so I am slightly concerned that it may be delayed what is the latest word with this.

Also what are they planning to do in the patch anyone know? My wish list would be:

1. Fix mid to late levels POTD balancing!!!!

2. Fix guardian uzakio boss bug not showing up

3. Fix defensive mindweb on cipher

4. Buff druids and priests as they no where near as strong as wizards

5. Look at giving druids and priests more flexibility with spell choice as they don’t have access to grimoires

6. Give rangers more non pet based talents

7. Spamming sworn enemy and flames and devotions every single fight with paladins is just killing the fun with paladins. They need to fix this. There is only so many times you can do this before you go crazy.

Edited by Teclis23
  • Like 1

The last patch came out only just recently so I am slightly concerned that it may be delayed what is the latest word with this.

Also what are they planning to do in the patch anyone know? My wish list would be:

5. Look at giving druids and priests more flexibility with spell choice as they don’t have access to grimoires

7. Spamming sworn enemy and flames and devotions every single fight with paladins is just killing the fun with paladins. They need to fix this. There is only so many times you can do this before you go crazy.

You do understand that your... wishlist, in its current incarnation, is absolutely impossible to work with ?

Imagine being a product leader at Obsidian.

Now, someone comes to you and asks you to "fix POTD balancing".

What does "fix" mean ?

Do you want it to be harder ? easier ?

Harder how ? More monsters ? more aggressive AI ? higher HP and stat pools ?

Using loose terms such as "fix" or "harder" is highly subjective and, ultimately, does not help anyone.

It won't help you because you'll feel like you're not being heard, or you won't get what you wanted (although, you never said what you wanted in the first place! )

It won't help the product owner, who has no idea whatever the hell to ask of his devs

It won't help the devs, who will have no idea whatever it is that is being asked of them.

The same applies to your points 3 and 4 really.

How are druids/priests nowhere near as strong as wizards ?

Keep in mind as well that these fit different roles.

Most (if not all ?) wizard buffs are self-cast, while a priest brings party-wide support and augmentations.

I would humbly refer you to this article on How to ask questions the smart way, it really is an incredible read :

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

It very much applies to posting bug reports or requesting improvements as well.

• Like 13

Not sure where I saw it, but they definitely mentioned some Ranger "goodies". It might have been in the beta patch notes of the last patch.

Seems to me if that's the case, there will probably be a reasonable amount of class/weapon balance changes, ( it's a big patch), but no major class specific changes other than to Rangers.

I wouldn't expect major changes to PoTD from now on. It can't be a major priority for the devs. Especially as whatever changes they make people are going to be upset. Looking forward to the Ranger goodies whatever they are. While I don't think single class Rangers are nearly as bad as people make out they could use some minor buffs, mainly to the pet.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

As many times as I've said it before, I'd think I wouldn't have to say it again.

So I'll just quote the forum rules -

We ask that the users of this board treat one another with respect, even when opinions differ. Personal attacks that are intended to cause unwanted attention, embarrassment, or harm will not be tolerated.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Amentep: Ahh, so that's what happened. I was trying to comment, but stuff just disappeared. Now I understand why. Good call on your part, that.

The OP should really learn some manners and take a thorough lesson in how to respond to good constructive criticism. Their deleted comment showed that they have problems in both.

I did it, for 105 hours. It definetly affected my plans for what I want to mod about character abilities in general, and about fighter types in particular.

Also, imagine my shock when yesterday I found out that many battles are over faster by just select all and auto attack instead of pausing and using spells (abilities).

Edited by Gairnulf
  • Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

So you still can't fight the last boss? At this point I dont think I will be supporting Obsidian anymore. They've shown a carelessness in Deadfire that is unacceptable to me. Along with a laundry list of things that I don't remember anyone asking for, like full VO, be terrible ship combat.

Amentep: Ahh, so that's what happened. I was trying to comment, but stuff just disappeared. Now I understand why. Good call on your part, that.

The OP should really learn some manners and take a thorough lesson in how to respond to good constructive criticism. Their deleted comment showed that they have problems in both.

I think it's almost impossible to get banned on these boards. Repeated offenses don't seem to do the trick.

• Like 2

Instead, nerf pls wizards, that they become equal **** as druids and priests! Like they did with the dual wield full attack. I don't know if the developers even know what buffing means.

• Like 1

So you still can't fight the last boss? At this point I dont think I will be supporting Obsidian anymore. They've shown a carelessness in Deadfire that is unacceptable to me. Along with a laundry list of things that I don't remember anyone asking for, like full VO, be terrible ship combat.

Ship combat is awesome and so is the VO - the problems are minor and the game breaking ones are often fixed rather quickly (in most cases) - funny though I started reading the forums for POE2 awhile back and got the sense that the game really wouldn't be finished until after all the DLC's came out - but I can see if you didn't get that sense from the plethora of comments about how Obsidian often updates and tweaks the game someone would get frustrated.  My problem is I really like Obsidian games over all others too so I don't really have a choice.  I played POE1 first time years after its release, and the experience was seamless from start to finish, so I am guessing that after all is said and done, so will this game.

Ugh!! Off-topic ... my best bet is the DLC and update get slightly delayed ;) but in the meantime they do a 2.1.1 - I will put 5 dollars on it ...

• Like 1

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

As many times as I've said it before, I'd think I wouldn't have to say it again.

So I'll just quote the forum rules -

We ask that the users of this board treat one another with respect, even when opinions differ. Personal attacks that are intended to cause unwanted attention, embarrassment, or harm will not be tolerated.

My apologies, I'm unclear here ; is that intended for me ?

I verily meant no harm, I do think I've been respectful with regards to OP's post :o

Ah, I would please agree to disagree.

It is not my place to tell you how to feel about this or that, it is not anybody's place to be honest and it is important that you stick to your own counsel.

I for one, however, am very happy with Obsidian.

See, I kickstarted PoE1 out of longing for the good old days of Baldur's Gate, and because I trusted Obsidian to deliver (I mean, if memory serves, there's staff there that came from Black Isle Studios, what more could I ask for !).

I fig'd PoE2 because Obsidian not only delivered on PoE1 at release, but also kept patching and improving the game according to community feedback.

I truly believe that Obsidian does pay attention to the community's position on this or that.

It remains however that not all decisions are based on the community's wishes.

Some may find their roots in the wishes of finance bigwigs, or the videogame market as a whole.

Some may even be a matter of perception , having a full VO'd game shows professionalism and ability to deliver (see Divinity Original Sin 2's remaster , tons of voiceovers were added or redone).

Unlike you (and again your life is yours to live, I'm not here to tell you this or that is wrong, and nobody should) I do trust Obsidian to balance the game when needed, add new free content, and deliver quality paid content.

I can only hope, not only for me but for you as well, that Obsidian proves you wrong and fixes whatever it is you dislike with the game ;)

EDIT :

Want proof that Obsidian does listen to the community ?

Here you go ;)

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97725-suggestion-skip-introduction-tiny-intro-spoiler-not-hidden/

Edited by dam
  • Like 1

Also, imagine my shock when yesterday I found out that many battles are over faster by just select all and auto attack instead of pausing and using spells (abilities).

Oh, I know how you feel. I found out about this too recently. No more veteran for me in future pts.

Boy if I were the product owner on balance issues, I'd be pulling my hair out right about now (metaphorically speaking, I'm actually quite level-headed to be fair).

On the one hand you have people asking that wizards be nerfed.

On the other hand you have people saying "look bros, remember dem spells ? yeah dis what we're gun' do m'kay ? forget dem spells, just rek everything with dem hammers kay ?"

Which is it then, are spellcasters too strong, or are auto-attack guys too strong ?  :blink:

• Like 2

Instead, nerf pls wizards, that they become equal **** as druids and priests! Like they did with the dual wield full attack. I don't know if the developers even know what buffing means.

As a matter of fact, Josh posted a very nice article on Nerfs and Buffs, I think that was like, back in 2017 or something.

I have taken the time to find it again for you, here you go, I hope you enjoy the read !

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/161302725596/balance-in-single-player-crpgs

• Like 2

Boy if I were the product owner on balance issues, I'd be pulling my hair out right about now (metaphorically speaking, I'm actually quite level-headed to be fair).

On the one hand you have people asking that wizards be nerfed.

On the other hand you have people saying "look bros, remember dem spells ? yeah dis what we're gun' do m'kay ? forget dem spells, just rek everything with dem hammers kay ?"

Which is it then, are spellcasters too strong, or are auto-attack guys too strong ?  :blink:

Lol. It's just that once you get to the higher levels there is no need to buff or cc most of the enemies, so it saves time to simply attack them quickly with weapons.

"Throw everything you've got at them! Not your grimoire, idiot!"

sign.jpg

Depends how overleveled you are for an encounter. But even with Scale only upwards, I had cases where I would spend less real time (thanks to not having to pause and target abilities) by just autoattacking with everyone.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Ship combat is awesome and so is the VO - the problems are minor and the game breaking ones are often fixed rather quickly (in most cases) - funny though I started reading the forums for POE2 awhile back and got the sense that the game really wouldn't be finished until after all the DLC's came out - but I can see if you didn't get that sense from the plethora of comments about how Obsidian often updates and tweaks the game someone would get frustrated. My problem is I really like Obsidian games over all others too so I don't really have a choice. I played POE1 first time years after its release, and the experience was seamless from start to finish, so I am guessing that after all is said and done, so will this game.

Ugh!! Off-topic ... my best bet is the DLC and update get slightly delayed ;) but in the meantime they do a 2.1.1 - I will put 5 dollars on it ...

If I can't fight the last boss or he doesn't show up (happens 3 outta 5 time games) Obsidian has failed. I don't care how great the journey is. It's like the Mass Effect 3 ending. I had zero closure my first playthrough bc he didn't show up and had to look everything up. I know it's harsh. But with limited play time I'm not gonna invest into a game with major immersion breaking issues. Edited by Verde
  • Like 1

If I can't fight the last boss or he doesn't show up (happens 3 outta 5 time games) Obsidian has failed. I don't care how great the journey is. It's like the Mass Effect 3 ending. I had zero closure my first playthrough bc he didn't show up and had to look everything up.

You can, if you opt into the new beta.

legend!

If I can't fight the last boss or he doesn't show up (happens 3 outta 5 time games) Obsidian has failed. I don't care how great the journey is. It's like the Mass Effect 3 ending. I had zero closure my first playthrough bc he didn't show up and had to look everything up.

You can, if you opt into the new beta.
Nice. Thanks!

Edit: woah...those are some really cool changes. Esp the Eothos!

Edited by Verde