How much of the game do the faction quests take up?

Hey guys,

So, part of the enjoyment if the game for me is definitely playing with really cool and powerful weapons, some of the best of which come at the end of the faction quests. That said, I'm kind of worried about not having a whole lot to do after getting the best stuff. Would what's left after almost completing one faction quest chain enough to provide a meaty and story rich experience?

I was actually going to say that faction quests are the large majority of this game - as a fan of said game. A big part of that is because so many elements of the game have *some* tie to one or more factions, though. E.g. I would count the Wahaki as faction related.

That said, there are a decent number of little, completely side things on the smaller islands you explore. And at least a few side quests (also small ish) with little to no relation.

I would just recommend that you save every time before you talk to a faction leader, because eventually they will ask you to do a quest that locks you out from everyone else, and you'll miss out on content at that point. The best way to get the most content, *I think*, is to remain *technically* faction less until the end game.

Edit : Also, avoid Ashen Maw until you've done most of the content.

Edited by Tick
  • Like 1

I was actually going to say that faction quests are the large majority of this game - as a fan of said game. A big part of that is because so many elements of the game have *some* tie to one or more factions, though. E.g. I would count the Wahaki as faction related.

That said, there are a decent number of little, completely side things on the smaller islands you explore. And at least a few side quests (also small ish) with little to no relation.

I would just recommend that you save every time before you talk to a faction leader, because eventually they will ask you to do a quest that locks you out from everyone else, and you'll miss out on content at that point. The best way to get the most content, *I think*, is to remain *technically* faction less until the end game.

Edit : Also, avoid Ashen Maw until you've done most of the content.

Thanks. I was mostly planning on rushing the Principi quest (Since you can install a leader without locking yourself into their faction) and getting the sabre Aeldys gives you for siding with her, then going back and tackling some of the other ones. My plan is ultimately to side with the Vailians. 

• Like 1

That is a very good advice, unless someone wants to roleplay a faction friendly character.

I had planned on playing a Rauataian guy who wouldn't stand pirates, but I decided to change him a little, so that I can have more options of sidequests to do. So instead of just killing them on first sight, I'll have him pretend to be a mercenary to infiltrate their ranks and gather information. There will be some satisfying moments when he finally reveals that he had always planned on wiping them out. :)

• Like 1

sign.jpg