Man, now I've got this vision of magazine covers and reviews for the game.

You know, the kind of reviews from which excerpts are taken out of context to read "... one of the best every made 4/5" or "absolutely gorgeous 5/5".

"Saved my life, would buy again 5/5 - PC World" ^^

Thumbs up OP.

• Like 2

A good distraction from reality is a great thing at times but I really think you should see someone about your problems and I really mean this, depression took my brother and I didn't even know he was depressed so please talk to people about it so u can get the proper support u need.

• Like 4

A good distraction from reality is a great thing at times but I really think you should see someone about your problems and I really mean this, depression took my brother and I didn't even know he was depressed so please talk to people about it so u can get the proper support u need.

Seconded. Totally understand the therapeutic nature of games and immersive fantasy, but please seek some support, man.

• Like 4

Long story short Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire saved my life with it's beautiful world and storytelling when I was suicidal and in a deep psychosis. Thank you to all of the developers of this game for saving my life! Greatest game ever made. <3

Computer games arent the way to deal with it

Absolutely DO NOT take any medication the doctors give you and try a hard cardio sport like kickboxing or Muay Thai and stick to it for a long time. 

Being alone and playing games not cool

I'm glad to hear Deadfire helped you through a rough patch. I've found games a very useful tool for helping me through rough patches in the past: sometimes you just need something to distract you from the here and now for a bit and they do that well.

As others have said you should definitely seek help from others (ideally a professional who is emotionally detached from your life, but do reach out to friends and family too if you think it'll help) but I suspect you already know that :)

Absolutely DO NOT take any medication the doctors give you and try a hard cardio sport like kickboxing or Muay Thai and stick to it for a long time. 

I second this.

If they offer you SSRIs, don't take them. They're poison pills that mess up your brain's biochemistry by overflowing it with serotonin. This causes severe symptoms—potentially permanent, to some degree, after extended use—such as complete or partial sexual dysfunction, among others. Their entire premise is based on a myth that depression stems from a lack of serotonin, which isn't confirmed at all, and their effectiveness has been documented to be dubious, largely depending on a placebo effect.

Nevertheless, doctors are always eager to prescribe these pills. 

Edited by Multihog

Seconded. Totally understand the therapeutic nature of games and immersive fantasy, but please seek some support, man.

This and discuss with your doctor meds and side effects OP (assuming they bring them up. Just talking to someone works for a lot of people). If they're not willing to tell you more about the medicine then yeah I see being unwilling to take it but some of us need that extra push. As long as you go into it with your eyes wide open and willing to help them help you (the hardest part really) there's a sunrise at the top of that hill. It just takes longer for some of us to reach than others.

Also if you're not comfortable with your doctor/therapist you don't have to stay with them. You get nothing out of it if you're not comfortable enough to help them help you.

Edited by Ryz009