What new class would you like to see ?

I hope they can rebalance wizard subclass. Honestly, Most wizard school bonus is poor and penalty too high. What was Sawyer thinking ?

Does anyone play with the Wizard subclasses? Well, with the exception of Fassina and maybe evokers?

Too many negatives and not enough upside to the wizard subclasses..

• Like 2

I'd like to see some race-specific subclasses. How about a set of racial paragon subclasses, which embody intrinsic qualities of each kith race. For example, a Dwarven delver (rogue), Elven mystic (wizard), Aumaua seafarer (fighter), Human socialite (cipher?), or Orlan wayfarer (ranger).

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It's not really a class but I would like the Gunhawk subclass (with the addition of a bird companion). Perhaps just add a type of bird immune to engagement for all rangers.. and add Gunhawk's benefits to Sharpshooter with lower beneficial effects to not become too OP.

P.S.-

Nevermind. It wouldn't provide much benefit for bow users. Just add a gunner-type subclass. :p

Edited by XEternalXDreamsX

My ideas for ridiculous new classes (that will be ignored, but it's fun to give them anyways):

• Fampyr as a new template with it's own subclasses.
    • Fampyr Blooded Barbarian - A Barbarian subclass that focuses on causing bleed effects and uses them to gain buffs.  The more severe the bleed & the more bleed debuffs nearby, the more powerful the bonuses.
    • Fampyr Mesmerist - A cipher subclass that focuses on quick, cheap charms.
    • Fampyr Bloodknight - A Paladin subclass.  A single tank that uses fire abilities
  • Animancer - Focuses on animancy with possible paths for necromancers, golems, and buffs.
  • Grappler - A monk subclass that focuses on grabbing and throwing enemies.
  • Alchemist - Class that focuses on poisons and quick consumables; buffs, debuffs, general controller stuff.
  • Cultist - A skaen inspired glass-cannon barbarian kit that uses wounds to debuff enemies.
  • Trapper - A ranger subclass that focuses on battlefield control through the use of temporary traps.
  • Like 3

I hope they can rebalance wizard subclass. Honestly, Most wizard school bonus is poor and penalty too high. What was Sawyer thinking ?

Does anyone play with the Wizard subclasses? Well, with the exception of Fassina and maybe evokers?

Transmuter if you like shifting into an Ogre fake-holding clubs.

Transmuter if you like shifting into an Ogre fake-holding clubs.

Transmuter/Beckoner Shrekfest since the Mega-Boss has 9001 defense versus everything but old memes.

• Like 1

Was the recovery penalty from the Transmuter’s ogre form ever brought in line with other medium armors?

Though the awkward club-wielding animation with no clubs and the fact that female Transmuters still get a male ogre form are both turn-offs. That’s on top of the harsh “lose 2 spell schools” penalty, of course.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What about a REAL Shapeshifter with unique abilities, talents and playstyle? Just take a look at good old NWN and you see what a Shifter could be...

To compensate for their immense power when being shifted they should get another disadvantage like limited spell casting and/or Armor Reluctance. So many possibilities... ;)

• Like 2

Just take a look into this thread @JerekKruger where i have uploaded an Alpha Version of a new Shifter:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105566-the-current-state-of-spiritshifting-ideas-reworks-and-more/

Everything is still in progress but first tests have shown that Shifters can be a lot (!) of fun when focusing more on shifting. ;)

• Like 3

Was the recovery penalty from the Transmuter’s ogre form ever brought in line with other medium armors?

Though the awkward club-wielding animation with no clubs and the fact that female Transmuters still get a male ogre form are both turn-offs. That’s on top of the harsh “lose 2 spell schools” penalty, of course.

Really? Can't they make the female transmuter look like Big Bertha, for example?

What about a REAL Shapeshifter with unique abilities, talents and playstyle? Just take a look at good old NWN and you see what a Shifter could be...

To compensate for their immense power when being shifted they should get another disadvantage like limited spell casting and/or Armor Reluctance. So many possibilities... ;)

This would make a perfect new class. The unique inspiration and secondary attack for all forms in that mod is really cool.

sign.jpg

A technologist. They would have a big focus on grenades and other inventions, opening up unique crafting options, only visible to the technologist.

Currently trying to emulate this using other classes but it would be cool to see it as a while new class.