What new class would you like to see ?

Classless systems have no class ...

Man I really like the idea of a duelist that sounds pretty good.  How about adding an ability to Ciphers that could sub for finding traps and sense danger ...

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

Alchemist - brew potions, poisons and explosives, but not collecting materials, just like abilities and you can have a limit of creation per battles.

Musicist - music spells, control magic chords and notes, using musical instruments as weapons. It would be different of the chanter. This class would be more like a spell caster using the power of the songs and sounds.

Stargazer -  a cosmic mage with powers from the sun, moon, stars and comets. He could use magic cards as weapons.

Trickster - a fighter with blades and some trick toys  that distract and create illusions so he can see an opportunity for critical hits.

Animancer! I was actually weirded out that this wasn't a Wizard subclass or something, but it makes great sense for the setting. Basically a ranger-type but with construct pets, and the animancer gets to use abilities like that of the Essence Interrupter, but not intrinsically - they need use of tools that they can upgrade.

The tools could be used in the trinket slot. The Animancer could have abilities like "Charm Construct" and raise bodies in the battlefield.

Dialogue and event interactions would have to be more detailed than for the arcana/metaphysics skill.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Had an idea for a Paladin subclass I posted a while back somewhere in this forum that I roughly remember.  Dissidents of Wael  were an order devoted to the discovery and hoarding of all secrets that Wael has hidden, whether arcane, mystical, or mundane in origin.  Composed of Archivists and Seekers,  The Seekers role was to obtain knowledge that was lost by the whims of Wael and the Archivists role was to safeguard and catalogue the knowledge for use by order members.  The order operated out of a large ancient library that doubled as an elaborately sealed vault in which entry was only known and permitted to members of the order.  Essentially their order specific ability would be to summon an arcane weapon instead of Flame of devotion as well as having a few other abilities replaced in a similar arcane fashion.  Could easily be expanded into its own class though.

Edited by DigitalCrack
  • Like 1

Stargazer -  a cosmic mage with powers from the sun, moon, stars and comets. He could use magic cards as weapons.

I don't know if this fits your concept, but he could have a deck of cards instead of a grimoire. When the battle starts you use one of the randomly selected spells or spend an arcane point to draw another card (or cards).

• Like 1

sign.jpg

I would like an hypnotizer or a charmer focused on controlling enemies during combat and influencing npcs outside of combat

Could also be called influencer. My idea is class that is not so proficient in combat, but makes up by being better during dialogue options.

Edited by Aleh1811

I don't see a need for more options, but if Obsidian want to expand I'd much for rather see them add some prestige classes. There is rich opportunities for that, with so many races/class/class combos to choose from. Even backstory could be relevant. I'd totally want an Aumaua cannoner which could require race/classes/sub classes/background/build and could add some fun uniqueness with a unique shoulder cannon or smth. :)

Ya if they are going to expand classes in any way I'd prefer them to raise level cap with a DLC and give us some pl10 or Prestige type abilities. It is kinda silly that you reach max level after like 30% of the game content.

Warlock

A spellcaster that can specialize in:

- DoTs. Some of them healing the caster for the amount equal to damage dealt.

- Single target damage. Some of spells having splash effect.

Spell roster could include terryfying stuff, sacrificial stuff, lifetap (conversion of own hp into spell usages), taking control for combat duration of one enemy vessel or spirit (that has lower level than warlock), shadowflame (destroy a subcontrolled creature and deal a % of it's hp as damage to enemies and prone them in aoe), mark of suffering (25% of damage taken is redirected to marked enemy), and so on.

Plus few spells could fork into mutually exclusive paralyze/weakened effects.

Or self_AR_increase/enemy_damage_dealt_decrease/enemy_damage_taken_increase. I.e. you can deal havoc from distance in glass-cannon style, or drain-tank at close quarters.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

It is kinda silly that you reach max level after like 30% of the game content.

Yeah I don't know that I agree with that.

I mean, what use are endgame abilities and skills that you'll only get to use on 4-5 fights tops ?

I'd much rather reach max level earlier, and have the opportunity to use the skills (and respec !), than reach it 10 fights before the end boss.

I'd just like to see Mage Slayer be more than a meme: redesign it to be a tear down subclass with access to beneficial effect reduction/suppression and Veil Piercing; remove Fit on Frenzy and replace it with hostile-only spell resistance. For penalties, incoming beneficial Wizard, Priest, Druid, and Cipher spells are moderately reduced in effectiveness (symbolizing the Mage Slayer's reclusive nature), scrolls are off limits, and the subclass starts with -3 Alchemy.

• Like 2

As far as Deadfire is concerned, I would settle for the Woedican classes that are already in the game (Priest of Woedica, Steel Garrote Paladin.) Just finish them up and unlock them for players.

(I'm aware that there's a mod that unlocks them already, but the classes are unfinished—if nothing else, because there is zero in-game reactivity to them.)

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

As far as Deadfire is concerned, I would settle for the Woedican classes that are already in the game (Priest of Woedica, Steel Garrote Paladin.) Just finish them up and unlock them for players.

(I'm aware that there's a mod that unlocks them already, but the classes are unfinished—if nothing else, because there is zero in-game reactivity to them.)

That would be fine for me too. A Lurker-spiritshift Druid and some different wizard subclasses would be very welcome too.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

I would like to see a class that consumes items as resources, for example  it could consume a weapon to summon an animated blade, same with other kind of items. I imagine this abilities to only consume the item if the summoned blade is killed in battle or something like that if possible.

Non D&D classes.

Man that's... erm... deep ? ^^

Would you please expand on that, what did you have in mind ?

There on D&D classes like Druids, Wizards, Fighters, etc and non D&D like Ciphers and Chanters. So more Ciphers and Chanters - esq.

Was that deep enough for you, man haha?

Edited by Verde

Non D&D classes.

Man that's... erm... deep ? ^^

Would you please expand on that, what did you have in mind ?

There on D&D classes like Druids, Wizards, Fighters, etc and non D&D like Ciphers and Chanters. So more Ciphers and Chanters - esq.

Was that deep enough for you, man haha?

There are Psions and Bards, which are built around the same ideas.

• Like 2

"Gilder" ability to manipulate gold. Abilities would cost the player money to perform. Example abilities: "Gilded Blade"-coats weapon in a shimmering layer of gold, on hit causes burn dot and target is distracted for 10 seconds. "Golden Haze"-Gilder creates a field of gold dust blinding all enemies within, AoE blind and distracted for 15 seconds if save vs will failed. "Mydas Orb"-Creates an orb of molten gold that explodes on impact causing burn dot, AoE 2.5m burn dot for 9 seconds.

would be fairly easy to come up with subclasses, for example: "Alchemist"-Uses crafting materials as a resource instead of gold, as a result he has the ability to alter the effects of base abilities depending on the materials used.

"Doll Mage"- Loses access to some gilder abilities to gain access to a Gilded Golem companion.

• Like 2

"Gilder" ability to manipulate gold. Abilities would cost the player money to perform. Example abilities: "Gilded Blade"-coats weapon in a shimmering layer of gold, on hit causes burn dot and target is distracted for 10 seconds. "Golden Haze"-Gilder creates a field of gold dust blinding all enemies within, AoE blind and distracted for 15 seconds if save vs will failed. "Mydas Orb"-Creates an orb of molten gold that explodes on impact causing burn dot, AoE 2.5m burn dot for 9 seconds.

would be fairly easy to come up with subclasses, for example: "Alchemist"-Uses crafting materials as a resource instead of gold, as a result he has the ability to alter the effects of base abilities depending on the materials used.

"Doll Mage"- Loses access to some gilder abilities to gain access to a Gilded Golem companion.

Interesting. A Goldpact/Gilder would make for some fun RP.

• Like 2

Interesting. A Goldpact/Gilder would make for some fun RP.
Speaking of RP. Gilders came about as a result of an Animancy breakthrough by Mydas Frigian, a lesser known animancer. What he discovered was a technique for performing mineral transmutation without the aid of magic. He rose to fame as word of his work spread. Eventually he developed a number of suitable adventuring applications all of which employed the use of Eora's currency as mineral fuel for his talents as it could be reliably found most everywhere. After the fame faded and others took his research to even greater heights, Mydas ended up accidently transmuting his family into gold in a failed attempt at regaining relevancy in animancy circles. Driven mad by the loss of his family at his own hands, he simply vanished. Most believe he is dead, likely suicide. While some believe he still lives wallowing in his madness, performing dark experiments in some forgotten corner of the world... Edited by DigitalCrack
  • Like 2

Classeless system!

Getting all those PTSD flashbacks from FFXIV's initial dead on arrival status when they tried a "classless" system after having established solid archtypes that we were all used to in its predecessor.  It sounds so much more hectic then deadfire's rampant imbalance on release that will probably get slammed down into a few skillsets like now anyway.

Edited by Metaturtle

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

Some curse style class would be needed - necromancer for example or shaman

Also treasure finder class would be nice who could find some extra stuff from loot, rare incrediences for example and got some other nice utility skills to boost party

Vampire which could have some life draining & horror skills

Juggernaut - Heavier version of fighter which got various types of shield handling offensive & defensive or protective utility skills.

Taking this farther then I should lol but its for fun. Obviously balance of below abilities not precise just a rough guestimate. Also nothing concrete for how class resource would work but was thinking along the lines of the player having to invest funds into a finite pool that made up the Gilders useable resource. Like investing 500 gold would give 10 points for example.

Gilder

PL1

Active Abilities

Gilded Blade: Coats the Gilder’s weapon in a thin layer of shimmering gold.

+25% damage as crush, enemies distracted for 10 seconds on hit, duration 60 seconds.

Mineral Attraction: Enables the Gilder to detect and convert a small amount of coin into gold, quickly, off fallen enemies.

Modal: gains 1 ability resource for each enemy slain by the Gilder.

Gleaming Skin: The Gilder coats his armor with flecks of gold that reflect and amplify the light around him.

-10 accuracy to enemies within 1.5m of the caster. Duration 30 seconds.

Unique Passives (Gilder specific excluding generics)

Master of Value: Understanding the true value of all things is the key to not being a broke Gilder.

-15% discount at all vendors.

PL2

Active Abilities

Mydas Sphere: Creates a sphere of gold that when heated and thrown will explode on impact, throwing molten gold onto nearby enemies.

Generates 1 Mydas Sphere grenade in an empty item quick slot. range 6m AoE 1.5m, dot 9 burn per second for 6 seconds. range and blast radius scale with explosives skill.

Burden of Wealth: Forms a cloak of gold, worn by the Gilder, protecting him while also weighing both the Gilder and enemies down.

-50% stride to caster, +3 armor rating, +1 enemies engaged. +20% recovery for 6 seconds to enemies when caster is hit. ability duration 20 seconds.

Unique Passives.

Treasure Hunter: Gilder’s have a nose for copper so when they find it, they find more of it.

find 15% more copper when copper is found.

PL3

Active Abilities.

Molten Blade (Gilded Blade upgrade): The layer of gold becomes molten, burning enemies that are hit as the molten gold leaves traces of itself behind.

6 burn dot on hit for 10 seconds. in addition to base ability.

Crushing Debt (Alternate upgrade choice for Gilded Blade): The Gold layer is thickened increasing the crushing weight of each swing.

+50% as crush damage instead of +25% and 10% chance to prone on hit, added to base ability.

Golden Haze: Gilder creates a cloud of gold flecks in an area limiting the sight and focus of those caught within.

Radius 2.5m AoE Blind and Distracted for 15 seconds if fail vs fortitude. Cloud duration 20 seconds.

Edited by DigitalCrack
  • Like 1