Cinéma vérité - and all other types

Amentep

I thought David Harbour would be perfect, but that makeup lacks any semblance of charm. I think that's a major reason why the previous entry's were so enjoyable. Also they ape Perlman a little too hard and you have Harbour trying to push that direction that he's been given through that awful latex face.

Man, what the hell was that.. Good to see I'm not the only one who's like wtf about this trailer.

You know, I don't like writing this, but seeing Milla Jovovich in this movie... I don't think it will be good. For some weird reason it's YEARS since I've seen a good movie with her in. At this point I'm feeling like.. whenever Milla Jovovich is in a movie and has a bigger role, it's just not a good movie.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The Hellboy trailer sure looks awful. I mean what is the story behind the monsters? Not a single hint.

Looks more like a fan movie.

Yeah, it turned me off the movie and the song was really off putting. I love the song but I don't like the tone it sets for the movie.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I should have said the new Hellboy looked like sh!t, that way, everyone would be praising it right now :lol:

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I should have said the new Hellboy looked like sh!t, that way, everyone would be praising it right now :lol:

Nah, ever heard any of the following phrases?

'I hate to admit it but *insert name here* is right,...'

'For once, I would like to agree with *insert name here*.'

'Well slap me hard and call me eldorado, *insert name here* is actually right!'

:p

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It looks on the same level quality of the other Hellboy films, I was hoping it would be better looking at least.

Howerver, it's just a trailer so I am going to wait and see it before siding with anyone directly/indirectly :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I wouldn't expect any less from forum members with a differed opinion.

How r00d!

What disappoints me the most about that trailer may not even be that it's bad compared to Del Toro's version, but that it's also the work of Neil Marshall, who at some other point in his career made The Descent and who was in charge of some of the most explosive and spectacular Game of Thrones episodes up to that point. Even Doomsday, for all its flaws, had something of a style or personality going for it. Even without Del Toro's films as reference, this is some dreary, colourless, lazy, direct-to-video-level bollocks, and shows no signs of promise, not a hook or an interesting shot or potential setpiece to be found. You told me this was directed by some hack like Paul WS Anderson or Rob Cohen and I'd be inclined to believe as much.

• Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

It's nt bad make-up. We can just it's make-up but Iddtill rather have that then cgi. I tend to remember Mark Walburg's PotA, compared to the newer higher budhet movies loaded with cgi.

Had we not be in this century in the time of social media reigns, this wouldn't be an issue. In the 80's we used to love these types of costume design/make up faultiness, it was always a pro rather than a con. What happened? How can we better this?

I just think its not a great trailer at this point.  I'm not sure I can say anything else about it; the Hellboy make-up is different, but it doesn't make it bad.  The face, in shadows, would probably look more like Mignola draws the character.  

The feel of the trailer doesn't work for me, but I won't worry about that unless a second trailer gives me the same feel.  I think part of the disconect is that the movie was touted as going back to the darkness of the comic, it was R rated, etc. etc, but what we get in the trailer is (all of the?) comedy moments from the film with no real context.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Meh, looks like they are trying too hard. Also feels like I just watched the whole movie.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I don't know much about it but personally would have been cool if they made a sequel to Men in Black, where you see Tommy Lee before he got Will Smith as a partner, the yesteryears.