Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cinéma vérité - and all other types

• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

Amentep

Amentep

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5180 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It happens. :)  I was trying be funny, hence the :p

• SonicMage117 likes this

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10968 posts
  • Steam:Tale
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
I just got back from Glass. Near the end people were walking out. I get it, I don't agree.

I'm waffling between saying it was good or great. It's not as good as Unbreakable or Split, but that might be just because I was prepared for this one.

I was on the verge of crying near the end. And if it had added one tiny thing, it would have done it for me.
Spoiler

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3976 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

So why were people walking out if it was so great?

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3085 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
It's one of those movies that people will love or hate I guess :) I can't wait to see it, I want a bad ending, like a depressing one. I always tend to root for the villains lol

The last movie I remember seeing people actually walk out off was "Land Of The Lost" with Will Farrell. I remember thinking to myself at the end "How did I sit through for such crap?"

And the only three movies where I remember people emotionally ripped to the point where they publically cried were "The Passion Of The Christ" On the crucifiction scene, "The Last Samurai" at the (near) ending and "The Lion King" when Jeremy Irons died. Poor Simba!

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2650 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk
Man, Land of the Lost was so bad, but the crab scene made me die laughing.

Last movie I saw that had the entire theater crying was fifteen minutes into Pixar's Up. Shoulda been a short film.
  • algroth likes this

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2248 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

The beginning of UP is fantastic, but it's later kid-centric humor and action plot has made it one of my least favorite Pixar films overall. Yeah, probably should have been a short.

• algroth likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users