Bugs after last patch?

drbadvibes

Question

Noticed that sometimes characters don't use there abilities, they are stuck or something. For example you see a paladin using eternal devotion but it starts glitching and you only stand there doing nothing, same happens sometimes with Frenzy. It happens randomly so uploading a save game doesn't help.

Also noticed I can't go to my crafting list for potions and stuff, can only see the new enchanting page now. Furthermore I have a lot of items now that display "missing string" (a potion had I'm looking at now says *missing string 5352* for example).

Anyone have these problems as well? It's kinda annoying, I'm mid game pod and losing fights because of my characters bugging out while I never had any problems before... Even stopped playing and thought I should prolly make a post here about it.

:(

• Like 3

6 answers to this question

For example you see a paladin using eternal devotion but it starts glitching and you only stand there doing nothing, same happens sometimes with Frenzy. It happens randomly so uploading a save game doesn't help.

I have this problem with the Paladin and eternal devotion. Try repositioning him near the enemy until he stops glitching.

I also had an issue in some BoW areas when my party would spawn "under" the area plane. I would see their outlines, same as when they are passing behind a building, but otherwise they would be invisible.

• Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Hey everyone,

Thank you for letting us know about this.  Fortunately we already had someone mention this issue with Flames of Devotion so the team is already investigating the issue.  We also already have the missing string bugged and being fixed as well!  If you have any additional details about the ability issue, please keep posting that here as I will attach this thread to the current bug report so they can use this as a reference.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience these bugs are causing.

• Like 1

Quick FYI, the problem arises with Cipher PL1 Valorous Echoes as well (although I am using a cipher mod to allow for self casts, but it also happens when targeting an ally).

I've no idea if the problem is tied to specific abilities or is general and could trigger on any of them so, here you go, quick addition.

• Like 1