I think there missing few top tier combos for solo melee

(Ascendant,Soulblade)/Paladin - With new Rapier & Animancer Blade

Ranger/Paladin - With latest patch this combination get +20 ACC / +20 Defenses against bosses

How would you build these, how much micro is involved?

Well Ranger/Paladin now can rise it defense/accuracy against 1 enemy type, this mean that you can start each fight with 120+ defenses even without any gear, with shield and cape, you can rise defenses to 150+ and stop all enemies crits

+ Ranger get you +50 passive accuracy - which usually mean 50%+ crit rate

+ Ranger get you summon which can set flanked status 

+ Ranger get you ability to clear all beneficial effects

You don't need any micro, you don't need no-rest rust, you need only prepare yourself for boss battle that all 

Paladin/Ascendant - Work same, but  without +30 acc bonus, you can do no-rest run, just dominate everything and disintegrate bosses ;)

How does one choose enemy type? Is it something that you choose at the start of the game or is it something you choose at the start of the battle?

• 2 weeks later...

The paladin/chanter using summons is the weakest version, not the strongest.

Tbf pala/chanter with Eld Nary is not even close to single class chanter with the upgraded Eld Nary.

It is still better than summons tho, since summons lack Pen.

Eld Nary is strong but it has big drawbacks - long cast time, targets fortitude and is rather expensive.

The best solo build for me is the Darcozzi/Skald spamming Thrice Was She Wronged - a rather effective and cheap AoE spell. Deltro's Cage/Black Plate for armor, Sun and Moon with modal to debuff reflex between casts, the medium shield with health regen, ring of greater regeneration, etc... Basically unkillable with endless AoE attacks and able to deal with any encounter without abusing consumables, kiting or splitting enemies right from the beginning.

Why Darcozzi specifically? The flame shield seems rather weak compared to Goldpact's armor bonus.

Tbf pala/chanter with Eld Nary is not even close to single class chanter with the upgraded Eld Nary.

Eld Nary is strong but it has big drawbacks - long cast time, targets fortitude and is rather expensive.

The best solo build for me is the Darcozzi/Skald spamming Thrice Was She Wronged - a rather effective and cheap AoE spell. Deltro's Cage/Black Plate for armor, Sun and Moon with modal to debuff reflex between casts, the medium shield with health regen, ring of greater regeneration, etc... Basically unkillable with endless AoE attacks and able to deal with any encounter without abusing consumables, kiting or splitting enemies right from the beginning.

Why Darcozzi specifically? The flame shield seems rather weak compared to Goldpact's armor bonus.

Because vs multiple enemies the armor bonus will go away very fast. The flame shield however is just free damage and will last the entire fight. My build is already very resilient and the damage shield + eternal devotion help me deal damage to multiple enemies (the lash buff affects Thrice Was She Wronged), while the bonus from Sworn Enemy is very small (basically 2dmg every 3-4s) and only for a single target.

Because vs multiple enemies the armor bonus will go away very fast. The flame shield however is just free damage and will last the entire fight. My build is already very resilient and the damage shield + eternal devotion help me deal damage to multiple enemies (the lash buff affects Thrice Was She Wronged), while the bonus from Sworn Enemy is very small (basically 2dmg every 3-4s) and only for a single target.

Personally I find Goldpact exceptionaly tanky. In most fights, I found that the adds cannot even begin to damage you until they break the gold. Follow that up with sworn rival and you basically have unlimited casts. For me this resulted in full swarms as rivals, and at that point they just start exploding.

Oh this is PoTD solo.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think there missing few top tier combos for solo melee

(Ascendant,Soulblade)/Paladin - With new Rapier & Animancer Blade

Ranger/Paladin - With latest patch this combination get +20 ACC / +20 Defenses against bosses

How would you build these, how much micro is involved?

Well Ranger/Paladin now can rise it defense/accuracy against 1 enemy type, this mean that you can start each fight with 120+ defenses even without any gear, with shield and cape, you can rise defenses to 150+ and stop all enemies crits

+ Ranger get you +50 passive accuracy - which usually mean 50%+ crit rate

+ Ranger get you summon which can set flanked status 

+ Ranger get you ability to clear all beneficial effects

You don't need any micro, you don't need no-rest rust, you need only prepare yourself for boss battle that all 

Paladin/Ascendant - Work same, but  without +30 acc bonus, you can do no-rest run, just dominate everything and disintegrate bosses ;)

Is this Ranger/Paladin build still viable?  If yes, I'd love to see a build.  I've never been able to find a Ranger/* build I like.  And I've been looking for a solo POTD buid.

Edited by brasilgringo