[Bug] Disintegration's damage bonus is not correct

smzh369

Question

I'm glad to see

Having higher intellect no longer penalizes effects that apply over time.

but it seems to bring some new bugs.

I tested cipher's Disintegration(affected by this change) and found that the damage bonus(from str/food/ability...) is extreamely low.

Normally,the damage per hit should be 240/(15/3)=48 (base) and if I have 20% bonus it should be 240*1.2/(15/3)=48*1.2=57.6.

however the acturally damage(with bonus) is around 50,I think maybe it is 48 + 48*1.2/(15/3) = 49.92

I haven't test other ability affected by this change but I suspect they may have the same issue.

update:

In patch 3.0.1 this bug still exit and I find out the exact formula.

Other DOT spell : final dmg = base dmg * [ 1 + (pl bonus) ] * [ 1 + (other bonus) ]

Disintegration : final dmg = base dmg * [ 1 + (pl bonus) ] * [1 + (other bonus)/5 ]

The bonus from STR/food/buff only have 1/5 effect. And this spell's description didn't update with the patch 2.1.The damage showed on the text only calculate the damage for 15s rather than the wohle duration.

update2:

Druid's Taste of The Hunt, Priest's Cleaning Flame, Wizard's Combusting Wounds also have the same problem. The extent of the negative impact is decided by the spell's base duration.For example Disintegration's bonus is down to 1/5,but for  Cleaning Flame it is 3/8.

I checked "statuseffects.gamedatabundle" and found that their "ApplicationType" are all "ApplyOverTime",which is the same type as POE1.

Meanwhile,other dot spell whose "ApplicationType" is "ApplyOverTime" in POE1 now has a new "ApplicationType" : "ApplyOnTick" in POE2. So I simplely speculate that the dev forgot to change it when they transplant them from POE1 to POE2.

PS:

Fighter's Unbending, Ranger's Wounding Shot, Rouge's Deep Wounds, Blightheart's Heartbeat health are also "ApplyOverTime", but they were originally designed as not affected by pl and other bonus so there is no bug in them.

Edited by smzh369

7 answers to this question

I'm glad to see

I tested cipher's Disintegration(affected by this change) and found that the damage bonus(from str/food/ability...) is extreamely low.

Normally,the damage per hit should be 240/(15/3)=48 (base) and if I have 20% bonus it should be 240*1.2/(15/3)=48*1.2=57.6.

however the acturally damage(with bonus) is around 50,I think maybe it is 48 + 48*1.2/(15/3) = 49.92

I haven't test other ability affected by this change but I suspect they may have the same issue.

Maybe this is intended because both STR and INT now benefit DoT ones now?

I'm glad to see

That makes no sense. Most Dot can benefit from both str and int correctly. If this is intended the ability affected by this change will be weaker than before

Edited by smzh369

I'm glad to see

That makes no sense. Most Dot can benefit from both str and int correctly. If this is intended the ability affected by this change will be weaker than before

Does this only affect Disintegration or affect all DoT abilities and spells?

I'm glad to see

Does this only affect Disintegration or affect all DoT abilities and spells?

Only a few ability/spell

Hey eveyone!

I have no idea the intent of this, so I created a report regardless and have the QA and Systems teams looking into this.  If you discover any more about this, please feel free to post it as this thread is linked to the report as a reference.

Thanks for the help!