So is Amra the best weap

Yes, yes, you right, but not only that ;) They something change and now Amra can crit and proc Blood Storm and interrupt on crit ;) So Amra is very good weapon for Paladin/Berserker 

I assume you are being sarcastic but have yet to show any evidence that carnage and wanton gore suppresses one another.  I have seen the opposite in the few tests I've run. 

I tested Amra only on release and it works exactly as Carnage, but its look like they something change, now it give +15 acc from weapon, even in this thread @mossit write that he can't make work AOE with Monk https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105427-v21-unique-items/

Is Amra the best weapon now compared to Lord Darryn, Oathbreaker and Eager Blade on melee barbarian?

So is Amra the best weap

Is Amra the best weapon now compared to Lord Darryn, Oathbreaker and Eager Blade on melee barbarian?

I don't buy into BIS attributions for Deadfire weapons (unless something is broken/cheese).

Can it be "the most dps" with certain setups in certain fights? Sure. But that same weapon with the same build might suck for another fight.

Oathbreaker is amazing for a Raw damage stacking build you can do on a barb, or barb multi-class, w/ bloody slaughter [or a melee ranger (snicker) spamming whirling strikes].

Amra reall nice for the extra AoE damage it does BUT... that damage is not raw so it doesn't bypass armor like Oathbreaker does. Note: I haven't set up a build specifically for this weapon yet and only did some preliminary testing.

Lord Darryn is amazing for the electric stacks, procs, and non-physical damage type option; there are builds specific to using this weapon to maximize its specially abilities.

I haven't tested the eager blade so I can't speak to it.

IMO Oathbreaker is going to edge out dps on bleed builds due to the raw v slash damage types but I haven't done extensive testing yet.

I'll probably do a new character and new runs after the next x-pac. I don't want to burn myself out replaying the same encounters over and over.

Edited by Theosupus

I tested Amra, Oathbreaker's End and WotEP on my (awesome) Nalpasca/Berserker and for me personally the best outcome (at higher levels) is still WotEP. I guess because of more chances to proc Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming. And fists...

I also have compared Oathbreaker's End and Amra on an Assassin/Priest of Skaen (which I love to play) and to me it seems Amra works way better on that. The Oathbreaker's AoE is not proccing often enough. The best thing on both is the combo of big alpha strike + Bleeding Cuts, paired with the 85% recovery bonus that attacks from stealth have.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I tested Amra, Oathbreaker's End and WotEP on my (awesome) Nalpasca/Berserker and for me personally the best outcome (at higher levels) is still WotEP. I guess because of more chances to proc Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming. And fists...

I also have compared Oathbreaker's End and Amra on an Assassin/Priest of Skaen (which I love to play) and to me it seems Amra works way better on that. The Oathbreaker's AoE is not proccing often enough. The best thing on both is the combo of big alpha strike + Bleeding Cuts, paired with the 85% recovery bonus that attacks from stealth have.

I don't think WotEP's aoe attack will trigger Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming, at least in version 1.x i tested it and it doens't trigger extra hits.

For the Amra test on the v2.1 unique item thread, I just want to clarify that there was very limited testing done, and only at the start of the patch. And also there were changes implemented like PEN increasing from 9 to 10 that I only recently edited in so there might be other things that were changed.

WotEP is really awesome. Can someone verify that Offensive Parry works against ranged attackers? I vaguely remembered it triggering on a ranged attacker that was about 5m from my wielder. Attacker had the debuff