I’m debating either going dw aiming towards using magrans favor for FOD, or 2h for Amra, since frenzy should make hitting 25 might trivial. Any idea how the power levels to fire compares to the extra carnage effect from Amra dps-wise?

Amra don't stack with carnage

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

With amra equiped:

Your normal hits/crits proc carnage
Crits from the main attack also proc amra

amra proc doesn't proc carnage

carnage crits do not proc amra

So it works fine together

Side note: If you are confused amra procs hit you too.

Edited by Theosupus

I’m debating either going dw aiming towards using magrans favor for FOD, or 2h for Amra, since frenzy should make hitting 25 might trivial. Any idea how the power levels to fire compares to the extra carnage effect from Amra dps-wise?

Amra don't stack with carnage

Of course they stack. They just don't trigger each other (like it should be).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Mant2si probably meant Amra Frenzy and Barb Frenzy don't stack. Which is true enough. But not really a problem, since you don't want to wait for a 25% chance on kill to start triggering Amra's more important bonuses anyway. Amra Frenzy is better for non-Barbarians who then can sometimes enjoy Frenzy speed boost.

Make sure to enchant Amra with slay 50 HP enemies effect. Even though your character won't have Cleaving Stance to take most advantage of it, you still want to deliver killing blows to trigger Bloodlust and later Blood Thirst.

Power levels to Fire probably translates to +10-20% damage and +2 Accuracy on FoD attacks only. Amra will trigger aoe damage with each crit. So apples and oranges, kinda. FoD is single target, Amra provides aoe capability.

Generally I like rogue multiclasses for weapons which proc special effects, such as Amra, because usually their significant sneak attack bonuses is also also added.

Btw, you do realize that Magran's Favor is one handed but Amra is two-handed?

Edited by Haplok

Amra is the new two-handed battleaxe which has a chance to Frenzy on kill and when your Might is 25 or more, it triggers aoe damage on crit (25% of the base damage, but modified by might, weapon quality, sneak attack etc.). It can also be enchanted to slay low hp enemies in aoe with this crit effect (or to increase aoe damage to 33%).

Edited by Haplok

Yup, dual wield vs 2h is the other part of the equation.  I guess since respecs are pretty cheap, I might as well try both and see which one I prefer.  I realize I've created a bit of a nonbo with the FOD heal and confusion, but DoC breastplate and Modwyr are both pretty early and there are plenty of spells/drugs.

On release you can get only one of those two source of damage, when Amra proc you will get info that one of those effect suppressed  by another one, you will get same message if you multi-proc carnage with monk passives in summary you can get slash OR raw damage but not both

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Man, that seems crazy.  If there's minimal point to using it on a barb then (although I'm sure the insta kill low health enemies is still pretty nice), does something like a paladin/helwalker make more sense?  Still has an easy way to get the 25 might and the AOE would just be gravy.  Kinda seems like monks are also aimed more at dual wielding though - only having one chance to crit on stunning surge seems sad.

I have carnage and Wanton Gore hitting; just not chaining off of each other.

You need to check damage roll with shift button, as I wrote they both proc but one of them will be suppressed

You need to check damage roll with shift button, as I wrote they both proc but one of them will be suppressed

Neither say suppressed in the shift window where would that show?

post-195567-0-45254500-1536870114_thumb.jpg

post-195567-0-10415500-1536870120_thumb.jpg

I did the 19 and the 14; I saw the damage text rise too (didn't SS in time though).

Edited by Theosupus

Neither say suppressed in the shift window where would that show?

attachicon.gifwanton gore.jpg

attachicon.gifmore gore.jpg

Yes, yes, you right, but not only that ;) They something change and now Amra can crit and proc Blood Storm and interrupt on crit ;) So Amra is very good weapon for Paladin/Berserker 

Edited by mant2si

Yes, yes, you right, but not only that ;) They something change and now Amra can crit and proc Blood Storm and interrupt on crit ;) So Amra is very good weapon for Paladin/Berserker 

I assume you are being sarcastic but have yet to show any evidence that carnage and wanton gore suppresses one another.  I have seen the opposite in the few tests I've run. 

I assume you are being sarcastic but have yet to show any evidence that carnage and wanton gore suppresses one another.  I have seen the opposite in the few tests I've run. 

I tested Amra only on release and it works exactly as Carnage, but its look like they something change, now it give +15 acc from weapon, even in this thread @mossit write that he can't make work AOE with Monk https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/105427-v21-unique-items/