About BotEP, which is a good single-target, yes, but also about Eager Blade.

As for 1h choices:

Grave Calling? That's on vessel kill only, right? A cool trick with a Chanter is possible, but Can the ChillFog penetrate most enemies on PotD?

Hel Beckoning? Come on, Fort save? Sounds weak.

Sungrazer I haven't used, so don't know the magnitude of the effect, but it needs BOTH a kill AND critical hit to trigger? Typically two-handers require EITHER kill (Engoliero, Oathbreaker) or crit (Amra, LDV) or some other effect (hitting near dead enemies for Eager Blade). Requiring both, it'd seem not very likely to trigger very often.

Or did you mean the 5% chance effect?

AoE weapons are for trash mobs, it doesn't matter what defense u target, you will not use it for a boss with 150+ fortitude defense anyway. Sungrazer is pretty good on a rogue, although it's on kill & on crit, the damage is pretty high, also aoe from the on kill proc can trigger that 5% chance effect too, so it's not as low as u imagine. Same as the soulbound dagger, it has a 10% chance AOE effect which can trigger itself.

I don't fully agree that aoe weapons are for trash only. Maybe not very suited for major bosses (although I'd still use the same estocs - Eager Blade for Accuracy & Attack speed buffs, penetration and occasional doublestrike; Engoliero for attribute buffs, penetration and 10% raw lash), but they work in groups with tough mobs IMO. You focus on weakest/lowest HP mobs first and the aoe splashes progressively weaken the stronger ones.

• Like 1

It depends heavily on the build. Some special properties allow for very specialized builds that make them shine, for example Willbreaker wielded by a barbarian that is designed around lowering fortitude saves. Off the top of my head, all Estocs are very good, both 2h battleaxes can be great if built for, Wahai Poraga is great for hitting up to 4 targets, Citzal's is god-tier as a summoned weapon in the right builds. I'm not particularly familiar with bows but I've seen some really cool setups for Frostseeker and have heard good things about others. The Red Hand is god-mode for single target dps from a ranged 2her. If you read through some of the builds that interest you in the build list, you'll see some of the items that get built for specifically.

Personally, I've recently been enjoying versatile weapon setups more. My current Swashbuckler playthrough is using Kapana Taga, Stalker's Patience, and Wahai Poraga depending on the situation.

Thanks! Still a bit wary of estocs or battleaxes or anything that is single damage type though. I am a creature of habit, and PoE 1 habits die hard.

I wish Amra was a morning star....that would make it the perfect barbarian weapon.

Oh well I can easily mod it to one but if it were naturally so it would go from very good weapon to great weapon...kind of the rolls royce of two handed melee weapons, kind of like red hand is for two handed ranged. 

What's the best 2H weapon?

Melee:

1A. Citzal's Spirit Lance 

Most consistent high dps if you can have it being a wizard or a wizard/x. Probably best with wizard/monk but wizard/zerker its really good too

1B. Amra and Lord Darryn's Voulge* 

LDV is at this tier on a barbarian only because carnage does apply the static charge on multiple enemies. Both weapons are easy to get and LDV can be upgraded very fast - but only to superior but on a barb it is still does excellent damage even as superior. Late game when you can upgrade AMRA to legendary that one may have a slight edge.

1C. Oathbreaker and Espirs as well as Wohai Poraga*

The first two are Late game weapons I guess. In terms of damage, they do "bigger" bursts of damage than the above but are less consistent in overall dps. 

Wohai is a special case and is only at this tier on special riposte rogue/tank builds that want to become surrounded by enemies and then attack back when enemies miss you. But in such a build Citzals is still probably better on a Rogue/Wizard

2A. Voidwheel 

best single target 2h edging out amra late game in single target dps at the cost of aoe splash

2B. Effort - on certain suicide retaliation builds but Oathbreaker is I think better on those

The rest are stopgaps

Ranged:

1A Minor Blights*

on a riposte wizard/rogue you can dual wield these with Tuotilio's Palm shield for great damage, oops this is not a two handed weapon though

OK traditional 2 handed ranged weapons:

1A. option 1 Aamina's Legacy

doesn't look spectacular but it is the most efficient at getting the job done as long as you can have the hunting bow fast modal active and hit (stack/increase accuracy) and have enough penetration (stack and increase penetration)

1A option 2 The Red Hand

It's more bursty than the Hunting bow obviously - with +20% damage done it is equal to Aamina's Legacy in overall dps though minus rng. Also does not run into the penetration problems but may run into pierce immune problem. If you can stack the other enchantment on it - the +40% damage done/ damage taken one and not rest then yes it is the highest ranged dps weapon out there and will do 15-25% more dps than Aamina's depending on rng.

A note on Frostseeker - yeah the best "aoe" two handed ranged weapon, but results of dps will be very much less spectacular than the above weapons unless you deliberately stack enemies all the time for the aoe splash damage. that said it depends on party setup and tactics, if you have a tank that locks down all the mobs around them like a swashbuckler this weapon is naturally a good idea to use if you are not going with the mortars. 

Wow, that's pretty comprehensive. Thanks!

Two questions:

First, is a reach weapon user as a mid-liner only good for a Wizard-based class? Can it work for a Priest-based class - albeit, I suppose, without a Citzal's lance?

Second, what is the best multi-class combination for a ranged character who isn't going to be a Ranger?

Even Battlemage (Wizard/Fighter) is great with Spirit Lance. Main reasons are that Mule Kick + AoE is a great interruptor and Clear Out + Lance is a great damage tool (every AoE hit of Clear Out triggers AoE of Lance) - best be done from stealth after casting Dazzling Lights to lure enemies to a spot where they form a tight group.

A great weapon and shield build who can tank well while doing lots of damage is a Trickster/Unbroken with White Witch MaskReckless Brigandine (+1 engagement, +5% speed for each engagement), Kapana Taga and Akola's Apex Ward (+1 engagement). Pick Mob Stance (not Defender), Persistent Distraction (+1 Engagement, unlocking Sneak Attack/Deathblows on engagement), and enchant Kapana Taga with "Champion's Relic" (+2 engagement, +5% dmg per engaged) and "Unblockable" (+4 ACC per engaged target), Reckless Brigandine with "Into the Breach" (+ dmg when health goes down) and Akola's Apex Ward with "Hide and Tooth" and "Shark Teeth Counter". Pick Riposte and Snake's Refelxes as well as Adept Evasion and Refreshing Defenses (stacks with Mirrrored Image and such). Also Deep Wounds of course. Escape can be a great emergency button.

Once you hit Bloodied (50% health) your mask will trigger terrified on all nearby enemies, stopping them from attacking. But you will have increased dmg because of the enchantments and take them out quickly without getting attacked further.

This will give you a character that not only has self heal, great overall defenses and very high deflection (+50 when Mirrored Image and Vigorous Defense are up) but also has a 20% chance to do a Kapana-Taga-Riposte on getting missed, a 25% chance to do a crush Riposte on getting missed, triggers Distracted on 5 engaged enemies (you can take Hold the Line to make it 6) and thus triggers Sneak/Deathblows automatically to everybody he ripostes to (and attacks actively). The passive "AoE" dmg output is great (tons of crits, too) and at the same time enemies get severely punished with hefty disengagement attacks as soon as they want to escape that meat grinder. Before getting Kapana Taga (it requires a good ship setup to beat the Black Isle Bastards, I did it with a Voyager with a long range gun in the back and two Hullbreakers in the front) you can use a spear + modal. The attack speed is great for somebody in heavy armor, too.

AND you can cast Gaze of the Andragan at some point.

Also nice: with Snake's Reflexes, Weapon & Shield Style and Adept Evasion you can nuke your own tank (and all engaged enemies) with AoE spells that target reflex all day long: the high AR and the 100% graze to miss on reflex as well as the +20 reflex from Refreshing Defense will make sure you don't hit your tank - and if you do he gets -75% damage most of times.  

One of the most fun and effective "tanks" I had in a party with very little micro involved. Also looks great (if you like the Huana style). Onlöy thing is that you really have to annoy the Huana faction so that they send a bounty hunter for you who has the shield. That's not difficult to do, but it might collide with the faction-decisions you planned to make. In this case the best melee weapon is Kapana Taga + Apex Ward because it fits best in every way. I used that one spear with +dmg and +PEN per Survival but since it got nerfed Kapana Taga is the best option.

Hmm, your post also beg the same question I asked 1TTFSSE: Does the reach weapon-using mid-liner have to be a Wizard because of the access to the Citzal's lance? How would something like a Priest work, perhaps with multi-classing with Paladin or Chanter?

The reason I ask is I want to see if my first PoE 2 group can resemble my PoE 1 group, and I want to save the Wizard as a pure Rod-using ranged DPS, just as in PoE 1.

Also, does the Rogue sub-class have to be a Trickster for that tank to work?

About BotEP, which is a good single-target, yes, but also about Eager Blade.

As for 1h choices:

Grave Calling? That's on vessel kill only, right? A cool trick with a Chanter is possible, but Can the ChillFog penetrate most enemies on PotD?

Hel Beckoning? Come on, Fort save? Sounds weak.

Sungrazer I haven't used, so don't know the magnitude of the effect, but it needs BOTH a kill AND critical hit to trigger? Typically two-handers require EITHER kill (Engoliero, Oathbreaker) or crit (Amra, LDV) or some other effect (hitting near dead enemies for Eager Blade). Requiring both, it'd seem not very likely to trigger very often.

Or did you mean the 5% chance effect?

AoE weapons are for trash mobs, it doesn't matter what defense u target, you will not use it for a boss with 150+ fortitude defense anyway. Sungrazer is pretty good on a rogue, although it's on kill & on crit, the damage is pretty high, also aoe from the on kill proc can trigger that 5% chance effect too, so it's not as low as u imagine. Same as the soulbound dagger, it has a 10% chance AOE effect which can trigger itself.

I don't fully agree that aoe weapons are for trash only. Maybe not very suited for major bosses (although I'd still use the same estocs - Eager Blade for Accuracy & Attack speed buffs, penetration and occasional doublestrike; Engoliero for attribute buffs, penetration and 10% raw lash), but they work in groups with tough mobs IMO. You focus on weakest/lowest HP mobs first and the aoe splashes progressively weaken the stronger ones.

Yes, this was one of the many reasons why I didn't try Barbarian in PoE 1: AoEs do not help in the toughest battle. Of course, the biggest reason is that I don't like a class that conceptually must take HP damage to do more damage - not to mention that in Frenzy I cannot even tell how much HP I have myself.

Getting a bit off topic but the best ranged toon that is not a ranger is a helwalker/streetfighter shadowdancer with blunderbuss+pistol or 2x blunderbuss. 

It depends heavily on the build. Some special properties allow for very specialized builds that make them shine, for example Willbreaker wielded by a barbarian that is designed around lowering fortitude saves. Off the top of my head, all Estocs are very good, both 2h battleaxes can be great if built for, Wahai Poraga is great for hitting up to 4 targets, Citzal's is god-tier as a summoned weapon in the right builds. I'm not particularly familiar with bows but I've seen some really cool setups for Frostseeker and have heard good things about others. The Red Hand is god-mode for single target dps from a ranged 2her. If you read through some of the builds that interest you in the build list, you'll see some of the items that get built for specifically.

Personally, I've recently been enjoying versatile weapon setups more. My current Swashbuckler playthrough is using Kapana Taga, Stalker's Patience, and Wahai Poraga depending on the situation.

Thanks! Still a bit wary of estocs or battleaxes or anything that is single damage type though. I am a creature of habit, and PoE 1 habits die hard.

I wish Amra was a morning star....that would make it the perfect barbarian weapon.

Oh well I can easily mod it to one but if it were naturally so it would go from very good weapon to great weapon...kind of the rolls royce of two handed melee weapons, kind of like red hand is for two handed ranged. 

Even Battlemage (Wizard/Fighter) is great with Spirit Lance. Main reasons are that Mule Kick + AoE is a great interruptor and Clear Out + Lance is a great damage tool (every AoE hit of Clear Out triggers AoE of Lance) - best be done from stealth after casting Dazzling Lights to lure enemies to a spot where they form a tight group.

A great weapon and shield build who can tank well while doing lots of damage is a Trickster/Unbroken with White Witch MaskReckless Brigandine (+1 engagement, +5% speed for each engagement), Kapana Taga and Akola's Apex Ward (+1 engagement). Pick Mob Stance (not Defender), Persistent Distraction (+1 Engagement, unlocking Sneak Attack/Deathblows on engagement), and enchant Kapana Taga with "Champion's Relic" (+2 engagement, +5% dmg per engaged) and "Unblockable" (+4 ACC per engaged target), Reckless Brigandine with "Into the Breach" (+ dmg when health goes down) and Akola's Apex Ward with "Hide and Tooth" and "Shark Teeth Counter". Pick Riposte and Snake's Refelxes as well as Adept Evasion and Refreshing Defenses (stacks with Mirrrored Image and such). Also Deep Wounds of course. Escape can be a great emergency button.

Once you hit Bloodied (50% health) your mask will trigger terrified on all nearby enemies, stopping them from attacking. But you will have increased dmg because of the enchantments and take them out quickly without getting attacked further.

This will give you a character that not only has self heal, great overall defenses and very high deflection (+50 when Mirrored Image and Vigorous Defense are up) but also has a 20% chance to do a Kapana-Taga-Riposte on getting missed, a 25% chance to do a crush Riposte on getting missed, triggers Distracted on 5 engaged enemies (you can take Hold the Line to make it 6) and thus triggers Sneak/Deathblows automatically to everybody he ripostes to (and attacks actively). The passive "AoE" dmg output is great (tons of crits, too) and at the same time enemies get severely punished with hefty disengagement attacks as soon as they want to escape that meat grinder. Before getting Kapana Taga (it requires a good ship setup to beat the Black Isle Bastards, I did it with a Voyager with a long range gun in the back and two Hullbreakers in the front) you can use a spear + modal. The attack speed is great for somebody in heavy armor, too.

Also nice: with Snake's Reflexes, Weapon & Shield Style and Adept Evasion you can nuke your own tank (and all engaged enemies) with AoE spells that target reflex all day long: the high AR and the 100% graze to miss on reflex as well as the +20 reflex from Refreshing Defense will make sure you don't hit your tank - and if you do he gets -75% damage most of times.  

One of the most fun and effective "tanks" I had in a party with very little micro involved. Also looks great (if you like the Huana style). Onlöy thing is that you really have to annoy the Huana faction so that they send a bounty hunter for you who has the shield. That's not difficult to do, but it might collide with the faction-decisions you planned to make. In this case the best melee weapon is Kapana Taga + Apex Ward because it fits best in every way. I used that one spear with +dmg and +PEN per Survival but since it got nerfed Kapana Taga is the best option.

Hmm, your post also beg the same question I asked 1TTFSSE: Does the reach weapon-using mid-liner have to be a Wizard because of the access to the Citzal's lance? How would something like a Priest work, perhaps with multi-classing with Paladin or Chanter?

The reason I ask is I want to see if my first PoE 2 group can resemble my PoE 1 group, and I want to save the Wizard as a pure Rod-using ranged DPS, just as in PoE 1.

Best ranged dps that is a none ranger is definitely blunderbuss streetfighter/helwalker shadowdancer - I think you can find that build in the build list. It may be even better than the ranger variant actually. 

Midliner and reach weapon that is not wizard I would alas also go for a monk/x build using instruments of pain to convert any reach weapon or good melee weapon into a reach weapon. But it comes together quite late. Works well with those aoe melee weapons like Wohai, WoTeP etc to use them at a distance. other thjan monk you can use whatever else really like monk/priest, monk/barbarian etc. Or pure monk even if you want to get instruments of pain earlier. 

• Like 1

The issue with reach weapons in Deadfire is that most of them are not particularly good. They are.. serviceable. But the only really good ones is the Citzal's Spirit Lance, summoned by a wizard, and Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff, which is an end game weapon. You're better served by just going ranged.

Note that some ranged weapons, particurarly blunderbusses, don't actually have that much range. 5m is not much at all. So they could be considered "mid-range" too.

• Like 1

Getting a bit off topic but the best ranged toon that is not a ranger is a helwalker/streetfighter shadowdancer with blunderbuss+pistol or 2x blunderbuss. 

Best ranged dps that is a none ranger is definitely blunderbuss streetfighter/helwalker shadowdancer - I think you can find that build in the build list. It may be even better than the ranger variant actually. 

Midliner and reach weapon that is not wizard I would alas also go for a monk/x build using instruments of pain to convert any reach weapon or good melee weapon into a reach weapon. But it comes together quite late. Works well with those aoe melee weapons like Wohai, WoTeP etc to use them at a distance. other thjan monk you can use whatever else really like monk/priest, monk/barbarian etc. Or pure monk even if you want to get instruments of pain earlier. 

I couldn't find that build :( Most Shadowdancer builds seem melee there as well.

The issue with reach weapons in Deadfire is that most of them are not particularly good. They are.. serviceable. But the only really good ones is the Citzal's Spirit Lance, summoned by a wizard, and Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff, which is an end game weapon. You're better served by just going ranged.

Note that some ranged weapons, particurarly blunderbusses, don't actually have that much range. 5m is not much at all. So they could be considered "mid-range" too.

Ah, ok; so it's basically Wizard hybrid or nothing.

I am really conflicted. 3 spots in my first team is set (2 front-liner [something like Fighter/Paladin and Fighter/Rogue)] and 1 ranged bow or gun), but I am still unsure of the last 2 spot, which will be a mid-liner and another ranged.

Basically, it comes down to whether I want the Wizard multi-classer to be the ranged or the Priest multi-classer to be ranged. Obviously, the one that doesn't become ranged will be the mid-liner.

+1 on all points

Well, sure, but:

1. I don't really play single classes, as I feel I would be missing out on MC options

2. I care about gameplay from level 1 trough level 20 (well, actually 10-20, I'm willing to go with13-20, but not at levels 16(19)-20 only).

I generally test characters at level 13, pitting them against Xaurip encounter on Neketaka island. Most fail that test, though I'm willing to provide some handicaps for "party" characters.

I'm with you on avoiding builds that don't get going until higher levels. I can maybe stomach something that won't come together until lvl 13 but a build that relies on an endgame item or a skill you won't unlock until lvl 16-19. Ugh. That's just too many hours of boredom imo.

@OP if you want two characters focusing on ranged attacks, insure you pick only one to use firearms, and TBH ranged weapons in general. If you want two pure ranged dps chars one of them must be primarily a dps caster imo. There are a few very good items that buff up ranged weapon attacks, and I feel you should stack them all on one toon. I.E Acina's Tricorn, Ring of the Marksman, and Sharpshooters garb if using firearms. I'd feel very underpowered without the first two on any ranged weapon user.

POE2 also offers much more in the way of mobility skills imo. Its not as hard to jump around in combat to be able to get 3-4 melees into range.

The helwalker/streetfighter might have the highest burst if you're using full attacks+scrolls and if you like to micro manage your character more than actually fighting. However for steady dps the best ranged weapons are Red Hand/Aamiina's Legacy.

Also I don't see the point of using Wahai Poraga/WotEP at range when their AoE stays always near you. Instruments of pain works only with Citzal's Spirit Lance but it comes very late and isn't really required.

PS. Also I'm not sure if most people are aware, but while Citzal's Spirit Lance does normal single target damage, its AoE damage isn't better than what WotEP does.

• Like 2

Fighter/rogue is fine, that's a great tank. But Fighter/Paladin is defensive overkill IMO. Particularly for party play. Better do something like a Paladin/Chanter for great utility and support. Or well, something more offensive.

Hmm, ok; how about Paladin/Rogue instead of Fighter/Paladin then? I want both of my front-liners to be able to simultaneously tank and DPS.

Fighter/rogue is fine, that's a great tank. But Fighter/Paladin is defensive overkill IMO. Particularly for party play. Better do something like a Paladin/Chanter for great utility and support. Or well, something more offensive.

Hmm, ok; how about Paladin/Rogue instead of Fighter/Paladin then? I want both of my front-liners to be able to simultaneously tank and DPS.

Paladin/trickster is a very good offensive tank and can make also good use of the WotEP for AoE damage

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 1

Paladin/trickster is a very good offensive tank and can make also good use of the BotEP for AoE damage

Ok, then my main will be Paladin/Trickster then.

I am definitely going to start playing tonight - at last ;)

Paladin/trickster is a very good offensive tank and can make also good use of the BotEP for AoE damage

I think you meant WotEP :p

The helwalker/streetfighter might have the highest burst if you're using full attacks+scrolls and if you like to micro manage your character more than actually fighting. However for steady dps the best ranged weapons are Red Hand/Aamiina's Legacy.

Also I don't see the point of using Wahai Poraga/WotEP at range when their AoE stays always near you. Instruments of pain works only with Citzal's Spirit Lance but it comes very late and isn't really required.

PS. Also I'm not sure if most people are aware, but while Citzal's Spirit Lance does normal single target damage, its AoE damage isn't better than what WotEP does.

Interesting, good to know. Good thing I never got around to playing a wizard martial multi then :p

Edited by Haplok

You micro less than with a ranger pet  :p

Ai script is really simple once you break it down and commit to blunderbuss since you are streetfighter and use something like scordeo's trophy in the main or off hand. For Aoe use Fire in the Hole+Scordeo's (usually good enough as you want both pistol and blunderbuss modal on). For single target Scordeo's+Xefa's.

Script is as follows:

(Turning Wheel active)

1.) Lightning Strikes

2.)use scroll/ ability of avenging storm (optional)

3. Enduring Dance

4. Thunderous Blows (when attacking high armored targets)

5. Arterial Strike (if target has no bleed effect)

6. Finishing Blow (If target bellow 50% health)

7. Stunning Surge (lowest fortitude or was it reflex?/ target has affliction to fortitude/dex)

It is higher dps naturally by far if you can crit consistently so party support of zealous focus / devotions for the faithfull etc help a lot. ...because then you get into a chain sequence of spamming stunning surge with you aoe mortars/ multihit blunderbusses.

Edited by 1TTFFSSE
  • Like 1

You micro less than with a ranger pet  :p

Ai script is really simple once you break it down and commit to blunderbuss since you are streetfighter and use something like scordeo's trophy in the main or off hand. For Aoe use Fire in the Hole+Scordeo's (usually good enough as you want both pistol and blunderbuss modal on). For single target Scordeo's+Xefa's.

Script is as follows:

(Turning Wheel active)

1.) Lightning Strikes

2.)use scroll/ ability of avenging storm (optional)

3. Enduring Dance

4. Thunderous Blows (when attacking high armored targets)

5. Arterial Strike (if target has no bleed effect)

6. Finishing Blow (If target bellow 50% health)

7. Stunning Surge (lowest fortitude or was it reflex?/ target has affliction to fortitude/dex)

It is higher dps naturally by far if you can crit consistently so party support of zealous focus / devotions for the faithfull etc help a lot. ...because then you get into a chain sequence of spamming stunning surge with you aoe mortars/ multihit blunderbusses.

Hey, so I am actually currently using your Faceless Dancer as my main character.

Two follow-up questions consequently:

1. Can I afford to take a bit off Resolve and put it in either Might or Dexterity, since I will have a Swashbuckler along with him in the front line?

2. I played a bit of the first map, and I am a bit confused by the AI behavior editor thing. I assume I cannot rely on the default one, and instead construct my own customized AI? If yes, what should I prioritize? And will any skills that I do not put in as part of the custom AI not be ever used? I noticed that my Holy Slayer never used any Rogue Trickster spells, and I am wondering if this is just coincidental or whether they will never be used as long as I rely on the default AI.

Hey, so I am actually currently using your Faceless Dancer as my main character.

1. Can I afford to take a bit off Resolve and put it in either Might or Dexterity, since I will have a Swashbuckler along with him in the front line?

2. I played a bit of the first map, and I am a bit confused by the AI behavior editor thing. I assume I cannot rely on the default one, and instead construct my own customized AI? If yes, what should I prioritize? And will any skills that I do not put in as part of the custom AI not be ever used? I noticed that my Holy Slayer never used any Rogue Trickster spells, and I am wondering if this is just coincidental or whether they will never be used as long as I rely on the default AI.

Sure you don't need that much resolve if you are in a party a flat 10 should be fine actually no more than 14/15, also consider going streetfighter on him or the swashbuckler, one trickster is enough. On a party Paladin, I usually take "inspiring triumph" and "zealous aura".  Weapon of choice if building around riposte is probably Whispers of the Endless in a party setting because Wohai Poraga damages allies. 

Ai: on any character it is a good idea to set up your most used defensives on top of the list order and attacks towards the bottom of the ai list.

For Holy Slayer it is:

1. self health 25% second wind

2. self health bloddied and threatened by multiple enemies -> greater lay on hands self/ 12 sec cd

3. self threatened  or engaging anyone  mirror image 30 sec cd

4. optional self threatened by multiple enemies and health 50%  displaced image 50sec cd

5. Blinding Strike/ Gauging strike best current threat

6. surrounded by multimple enemies -> inspiring beacon

7. Flames of Devotion -> best current threat

some thing like that

Oh yeah and in party setting I actually rarely take blinding strike.gauging strike anymore on rogues as it is not needed and crippling/arterial strike is more efficient dps. and then devastating blow for bloodied targets. 

Edited by 1TTFFSSE
  • Like 1

Sure you don't need that much resolve if you are in a party a flat 10 should be fine actually no more than 14/15, also consider going streetfighter on him or the swashbuckler, one trickster is enough. On a party Paladin, I usually take "inspiring triumph" and "zealous aura".  Weapon of choice if building around riposte is probably Whispers of the Endless in a party setting because Wohai Poraga damages allies. 

Ai: on any character it is a good idea to set up your most used defensives on top of the list order and attacks towards the bottom of the ai list.

For Holy Slayer it is:

1. self health 25% second wind

2. self health bloddied and threatened by multiple enemies -> greater lay on hands self/ 12 sec cd

3. self threatened  or engaging anyone  mirror image 30 sec cd

4. optional self threatened by multiple enemies and health 50%  displaced image 50sec cd

5. Blinding Strike/ Gauging strike best current threat

6. surrounded by multimple enemies -> inspiring beacon

7. Flames of Devotion -> best current threat

some thing like that

Oh yeah and in party setting I actually rarely take blinding strike.gauging strike anymore on rogues as it is not needed and crippling/arterial strike is more efficient dps. and then devastating blow for bloodied targets. 

Thanks so much!

The scripting help is especially useful. On my own, I think it would've taken an eternity to figure out what's going on...

Pure class? Not so great DPS-wise I guess. But they ARE prime multiclass material. They provide supreme survivability that lets you stand inside a horde of mobs and kick their butts and even nice aoe capabilities (cleaving stance early on, late game also Clear Out). Also pretty great dependability/Accuracy boosts (25% Hit-to-Crit, 50%+30% graze-to-hit). Work very well with something like a Streetfighter who majorly boosts the DPS, wants to be Flanked and/or blooded, but has trouble surviving it.

• Like 1

For two handed Estocs and Battleaxes have the best uniques IMO (yes, regular battleaxes are 1-handed, but there are two pretty awesome two-handed uniques). Both of those weapon categories offer some aoe splash damage options, which are quite potent if coupled with rogue sneak attack modifiers, weapon quality bonuses and might bonuses.

Estocs also offer great Penetration and the uniques provide attack speed and accuracy boosts. Or a significant boost to half of your attributes - after first kill.

Amra battleaxe aoe effect is triggered on crit (plus a chance to Frenzy on kill), while Eager Blade estoc is triggered when hitting near death enemies (plus accuracy and speed bonuses on crit) and Engoliero de Espirs estoc cool effects are triggered on kill.

I found one of the two 2H battleaxes you mention - Amra. But it has an AoE ability whose workings is not clear from description. Mainly, is the AoE foe-only or does it to friendly damage as well?

Edit: I guess the same question on the "Standoff" upgrade from the Stalker's Patience spear?

Edited by Lampros

I don't think Amra hits friendly targets (unless confused), but not 100% sure.

Make sure you have 25 buffed might and upgrade it with the enchantment that slays enemies with less then 50 hp.

Ah, ok then. Still the single damage type is annoying, but I will try it on Gimli the Brute for the next PotD run ;)

And 25 Might is insane. I guess Priest is mandatory (I take one in every run anyways though - it's the Wizard I am thinking of finally dropping the next run).