Goldpact Crusader to beat the game on TCS, upscaled, deadly-modded with all god challenges?

I think this would be one of the classes to achieve the title in an easier, if not cheesier way. It goes without saying that we don't have a clear definition of TCS in Deadfire, so I am just thinking about what TCS meant in the first game. Which is convenient because naming all the isles is impossible without 15 survival... or was it 14?

General idea:

Buffs are all quick with the exclusion of Lay on Hands stuff(it's a hard choice between Robust and Courageous, to be honest), but we can put that on last. I suspect no AI would be easier for this situation. Scrolls will be the main offensive power--you can reach 15.5(possibly even higher; haven't quite looked into it) pen on scrolls which makes them quite the hard hitter, and with Unbending Trunk we would love to sit in our own nukes, if we get hit by them, that is. Luckily, reflex debuff is available on Sun and Moon, which also benefits from Ring of Focused Flame, and all of that benefits our scrooollz. So happy days! The build can also stack healing done and received, so one Lay on Hands can top off nearly a full health bar for us. Conqueror Stance + Palladin Aura = +15 accuracy for scroooollz… that's kind of insane, to be honest... if they stack :D. The build also gives us good conversion, and we can use Potion of Perfect Aim which would help with the quantity over quality approach the build is taking. A converted crit from a Great Maelstrom hits quite hard and those make a lot of hits, plus extra damage and armour from... Gilded Enmity(was it)? 

I suspect that equipment that downgrades hits and crits would be most welcomed. We have all the resistances available to us because of Crusader gizmos and very good defenses, though stacking Will is still instrumental, imho, because of Arcane Dampener. Personally, I don't think that Deflection would be that big of a deal here, but the more the merrier--I think after buffs the build will end up at around 130-140 which is not that bad.

Is there a God challenge for no respecing, by the way? Because if there isn't the build will be able to do everything in Neketaka with almost no fighting and then just hop into full Arcana for the bounties. And while we can start flinging Maelstroms and Meteor Showers from level 7 onwards, without Unbending Trunk I don't think it's the brightest idea, though not impossible because of all the defenses. Honestly, I am mostly thinking no pause here, lol!

A notable opponent would be the Fire Dragon, but that one is good at isolating herself from you with only 3 Magma Oozes hitting you--if you take that sweet spot at the right side, next to the treasure. There is a fire-immune add to help you, too, and I've actually killed her by using nothing more than a Frost Seeker from that position. I was stacked on Fire armour and the Lay on Hands is enough to keep you alive through her entire health bar. Boring, but doable... and I was curious to see if it will work. It does. 

So what do you think? Cheesy as hell, or legit? :D 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Holy Crown: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled. (20 new game points)

Holy Crown Solo: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled while not taking any Companions. (20 new game points)

Holy Crap. The god challenges have to be well throught out, otherwise it would be impossible to do it solo.

Well I think Chanter/Paladin is much better for your purposes, it don't even need consumables to kill something - summon ogres, enable 2 of your favorite chants that increase healing and add healing over time, buff Energized repeat until enemies die

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Holy Crown: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled. (20 new game points)

Holy Crown Solo: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled while not taking any Companions. (20 new game points)

Holy Crap. The god challenges have to be well throught out, otherwise it would be impossible to do it solo.

Not only that but a TCS setup from the first game, as well. I think there are a few things we won't be able to use, but only the pool of sacrifice comes to mind.

Well I think Chanter/Paladin is much better for your purposes, it don't even need consumables to kill something - summon ogres, enable 2 of your favorite chants that increase healing and add healing over time, buff Energized repeat until enemies die

It's not mine per se ;D. People can add and take whatever they want from here.

I am sure chanter would add great survivability and infinite resources, too. But here is an interesting point for a Fighter--he is immortal during a short period of time. That period is actually enough to blast them away with scrolls. I know I'm probably repeating myself now, but they're that good :D, and that also speeds gameplay quite a bit. We're probably used to highest speed by now, so playing combat in normal speed with no pause won't be that much of a deal... I think.

No consumables god challenge incoming;)

Is there seriously gonna be a god challenge for that? :D

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

After fighting 3 boars and 2 beetles in the very beginning of the game.

J2IWnKw.png

Ooh kind of excited to try abydon challenge. Kind of like gearing up fights using gear from a previous fight just to be cheap and less reliance on unique effects :9

I can hear the fist monks and casters shrugging.

Edited by Metaturtle

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

Not sure if you want to know what I think but since you asked .. 

any build, except drugged Nalpazca,  highly dependent on consumables is not cheesy nor legit, its plain stupid. The idea that any character can take high Arcana and beat the toughest fights with it is plain stupid.

Hmm... I can think of a few of the toughest fights where high Arcana made it a breeze. Especially the BoW dragon. She goes down in less than a minute--she has very poor reflex. Guardian of Ukaizo--no probs, he just needs a summon and withdrawal to make the statue ads move away. The water dragon is also easy. Like I pointed out before the Fire Dragon will be the notable foe in this case, and with Abydon's you won't be able to turtle reliably and shoot her down. Since respec is available to us with all challenges that might be the way forward.

Also, you can craft a lot of scrolls by waiting for 26 hours at Cuitzli's. Solo you will have the cash to afford it. I went in with like 30 Maelstroms and 30 Meteor Showers into BoW, no problem. 

Also, also, it clears packs very quickly, much more so than builds without Arcana. Even with Berath's on you just blast the fight, top up and move on. 

I am not saying it's perfect. The challenges create a clear meta, unfortunately. But c'mon, man. Saying it's 'stupid' is pushing it. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Well, I just think its stupid mechanic. Sure, I could say something like its .. balance breaking mechanic or perhaps a mechanic undermining the validity of meta-power building for ultimate in-game challenges but I just think its stupid. Pushing it .. my intent is not to push anyone, as far as I know. Strong opinion, sure. I mean and as I said, anyone can have Arcana build, and this fact can not, in my opinion, have positive or perhaps exciting connotations from meta-building perspective. 

• Like 1

Well, I just think its stupid mechanic. Sure, I could say something like its .. balance breaking mechanic or perhaps a mechanic undermining the validity of meta-power building for ultimate in-game challenges but I just think its stupid. Pushing it .. my intent is not to push anyone, as far as I know. Strong opinion, sure. I mean and as I said, anyone can have Arcana build, and this fact can not, in my opinion, have positive or perhaps exciting connotations from meta-building perspective. 

I did a lot of tests and found next pattern,

1. I can kill any bosses/fights except BoW dragon with my Priest/Monk build, but to kill that boss I need at least 2 scrolls, because it has 5500HP and I simple can't do so much damage, on other side I can use 2 additional scrolls and kill him without problems

2. I can switch on Paladin/(Streetfighter, Chanter) build and clear all fights even without consumables, only food and no-rest bonuses, for example I done run with Paladin/Chanter with all God Challenges (even with Magran)... 

3. If I pick second character game become to cakewalk

So the question is ? If it stupid to use 2 scrolls in BoW fight or play entire game with dumb build or just pick 2 characters and never use consumables, rest and other bonuses ? 

That why I hate POE 2, TSC - Obsidian introduce this mod as official challenge, but to do you need to pick dumb class (which completely remove challenge from the game), I like their TSC in PoE 1 and even complete it with Barbarian and Wizard but now it just feel weird

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 2

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I did a lot of tests and found next pattern,

1. I can kill any bosses/fights except BoW dragon with my Priest/Monk build, but to kill that boss I need at least 2 scrolls, because it has 5500HP and I simple can't do so much damage, on other side I can use 2 additional scrolls and kill him without problems

2. I can switch on Paladin/(Streetfighter, Chanter) build and clear all fights even without consumables, only food and no-rest bonuses, for example I done run with Paladin/Chanter with all God Challenges (even with Magran)... 

3. If I pick second character game become to cakewalk

So the question is ? If it stupid to use 2 scrolls in BoW fight or play entire game with dumb build or just pick 2 characters and never use consumables, rest and other bonuses ? 

That why I hate POE 2, TSC - Obsidian introduce this mod as official challenge, but to do you need to pick dumb class (which completely remove challenge from the game), I like their TSC in PoE 1 and even complete it with Barbarian and Wizard but now it just feel weird

Yeah pure meatshield for boss is bad, I like the PoE 1 dragons where they have very high defense, but not so much hp. In Winter of Beast, it forces u to pick these classes with infinite resource, otherwise u will need to use consumables or can only auto attack.

Having a meta-power-game in PoE2 is exactly the problem, brother.

Scrolls, on other hand, scale like that--the more you spec into them, the more damage they will do, the more you will be niche. Also, they don't work everywhere.

In other words, scrolls are less power-meta than some of the builds in the power-meta... though no body ever said that having infinite summons is stupid... 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Yeah pure meatshield for boss is bad, I like the PoE 1 dragons where they have very high defense, but not so much hp. In Winter of Beast, it forces u to pick these classes with infinite resource, otherwise u will need to use consumables or can only auto attack.

That not about infinity resource, but more about defenses/regeneration/armor stacking, for example I checked all boss pen and on PotD they have in 17 - 18.5 interval, which mean if you can stack 21 armor you will be invincibly (why invincible ? because -75% Damage mean -300% real damage, is you make double inversion), and .... ONLY PALADIN has +3 PASSIVE armor, that why you need only equip heavy armor, pick small monk shield and start step by step destroy game content

Paladin also has ~12 - 15 passive bonus to all defenses

That not about infinity resource, but more about defenses/regeneration/armor stacking, for example I checked all boss pen and on PotD they have in 17 - 18.5 interval, which mean if you can stack 21 armor you will be invincibly (why invincible ? because -75% Damage mean -300% real damage, is you make double inversion), and .... ONLY PALADIN has +3 PASSIVE armor, that why you need only equip heavy armor, pick small monk shield and start step by step destroy game content

Paladin also has ~12 - 15 passive bonus to all defenses

High armor doesn't means you are immortal.