The Political Thread - Machiavelli Edition

Gorth

And he also goes very one note with his argument how quantity research papers and cituations is only thing that matters when it comes to judging merit of people as physicists.

I mean that he argues that it is equal when it comes to valuing merit of your paper if it is citated by university student doing their thesis about subject covered by many in past or researcher in CERN writing about just discovered particle.

The official grading(s) of academics used for things like performance reviews always are pretty one note- mostly because that is easy to do; and there's a dislike of publication grading other than a few at the very top like Nature. Objectively there really isn't much else to gauge apart from publications (volume of work) and citations (significance of work).

It's a pretty rubbish system prone to being gamed, but try coming up with a better one that is actually workable and you'll find there isn't one.

Justice is a relative term. IMO justice is benefiting from the fruits of your hard labor, investments, and sound decisions. Having those curtailed to the benefit of people who did none of those things strikes me as an injustice. But I am 100% certain anyone who might even be a little bit of an SJW will have a completely different and opposing definition of justice.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hate speech is defined as speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

Unless you'd be willing to classify such people under disability, that would be a firm no. :lol:

its nice how you skipped second sentence from wiki

''The law of some countries describes hate speech as speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display that incites violence or prejudicial action against a protected group or individual''

Yes, it specifies against a protected group. Such as those listed. So it could safely be ignored, as it added nothing I didn't already say. Or are neckbeards a protected group now too? :lol:

To be fair anyone even thinking of using terms like "cuck", "sjw", "cultural marxism", "globalism" should not only be fired but also neutered.

I doubt those folks make much use of their testicles though.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Or are neckbeards a protected group now too? :lol:

Don't mock them, man. They study the blade.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

:lol:

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Heh.

Business Insider - Major study finds that the US is in fact an oligarchy

The U.S. government does not represent the interests of the majority of the country's citizens, but is instead ruled by those of the rich and powerful, a new study from Princeton and Northwestern universities has concluded.

The report, "Testing Theories of American Politics: Elites, Interest Groups, and Average Citizens" (PDF), used extensive policy data collected between 1981 and 2002 to empirically determine the state of the U.S. political system.

After sifting through nearly 1,800 U.S. policies enacted in that period and comparing them to the expressed preferences of average Americans (50th percentile of income), affluent Americans (90th percentile), and large special interests groups, researchers concluded that the U.S. is dominated by its economic elite.

The peer-reviewed study, which will be taught at these universities in September, says: "The central point that emerges from our research is that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on US government policy, while mass-based interest groups and average citizens have little or no independent influence."

Researchers concluded that U.S. government policies rarely align with the preferences of the majority of Americans, but do favour special interests and lobbying organizations: "When a majority of citizens disagrees with economic elites and/or with organized interests, they generally lose. Moreover, because of the strong status quo bias built into the US political system, even when fairly large majorities of Americans favour policy change, they generally do not get it."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hate speech is defined as speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

Unless you'd be willing to classify such people under disability, that would be a firm no. :lol:

its nice how you skipped second sentence from wiki

''The law of some countries describes hate speech as speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display that incites violence or prejudicial action against a protected group or individual''

Yes, it specifies against a protected group. Such as those listed. So it could safely be ignored, as it added nothing I didn't already say. Or are neckbeards a protected group now too? :lol:

Eh, protected group OR individual

To make it easy for you, its illegal to to incites violence or prejudicial action against ANYONE. You dont have to be asian trans midget, understand?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Heh.

Business Insider - Major study finds that the US is in fact an oligarchy

The U.S. government does not represent the interests of the majority of the country's citizens, but is instead ruled by those of the rich and powerful, a new study from Princeton and Northwestern universities has concluded.

The report, "Testing Theories of American Politics: Elites, Interest Groups, and Average Citizens" (PDF), used extensive policy data collected between 1981 and 2002 to empirically determine the state of the U.S. political system.

After sifting through nearly 1,800 U.S. policies enacted in that period and comparing them to the expressed preferences of average Americans (50th percentile of income), affluent Americans (90th percentile), and large special interests groups, researchers concluded that the U.S. is dominated by its economic elite.

The peer-reviewed study, which will be taught at these universities in September, says: "The central point that emerges from our research is that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on US government policy, while mass-based interest groups and average citizens have little or no independent influence."

Researchers concluded that U.S. government policies rarely align with the preferences of the majority of Americans, but do favour special interests and lobbying organizations: "When a majority of citizens disagrees with economic elites and/or with organized interests, they generally lose. Moreover, because of the strong status quo bias built into the US political system, even when fairly large majorities of Americans favour policy change, they generally do not get it."

dem-gop-same.jpg

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Eh, protected group OR individual

To make it easy for you, its illegal to to incites violence or prejudicial action against ANYONE. You dont have to be asian trans midget, understand?

I think the protected applies to the group and the individual in that sentence. So it'd be like 'protected group or protected individual'

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well if I go out on town square and I say that I hate my neighbor and we should kill him i will be arrestet for hate speech, no mater into what "protected" category you put him

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well if I go out on town square and I say that I hate my neighbor and we should kill him i will be arrestet for hate speech, no mater into what "protected" category you put him

Well if you're credibly threatening a specific individual then yes. However if you live in America even if such fellas were a protected class you can rant all day about how every incel, proud boy, kekistani, wehraboo, or whatever snowflake identity awkward teenage righties have are scum that need to be purged with fire or sword and stay out of jail because hate speech is protected. HoonDing did nothing wrong.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Seems strict, you can't say you hate X because he's a prick ? :p

Oh my god this conversation is still happening? Chilloutman, do you seriously think we want to create a eugenics program for or commit genocide against angry, disillusioned nerds on the internet? Let's get real, we're not games journalists here. This is just locker room talk.

Oh my god this conversation is still happening? Chilloutman, do you seriously think we want to create a eugenics program for or commit genocide against angry, disillusioned nerds on the internet? Let's get real, we're not games journalists here. This is just locker room talk.

of course not. I am just jabbing at that double standard he was using, on one hand he is complaining about nerds on internet raving about globalisation and in same sentence he call for their castration. I am rather in that first cathegory then. I will be the first one standing behinde him to call me whatever he likes as long as other side does not censore me? Capisci?

IMO justice is benefiting from the fruits of your hard labor

Excellent, comrade. I take it we'll be seeing you at the next committee session, then?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Would culling them really be that bad?

Then again not sure anything needs be done to ensure they don't breed. Self correcting problem there.

IMO justice is benefiting from the fruits of your hard labor

Excellent, comrade. I take it we'll be seeing you at the next committee session, then?

Will there be beer & pizza? My politics can be flexible if properly incentivized.

:lol:

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Strange how so many of his classmates, and even roommates grew up to be attention seekers.

Besides, they're not even doing a re-interview with Ford or Kavanaugh. What's the point in investigating if it isn't done properly?

• Like 1

So FBI finally got their s**t together and conducted a real investigation skipping obvious hoaxes and attention seekers?

Good for them. Maybe there is a light in the tunnel for them.

Would you call being limited to one week and that they only talked to 10 people a 'real investigation'?

Also, you should point your ire at the Republicans, IMO.