The Political Thread - Machiavelli Edition

Gorth

I don't know whether this is politics thread, funny things thread or weird random things thread. Kanye West changed his name to 'Ye', posts a picture of him wearing a MAGA cap and says 'no more outsourcing to other countries and abolish the 13th amendment'.

:lol:

I don't know whether this is politics thread, funny things thread or weird random things thread. Kanye West changed his name to 'Ye', posts a picture of him wearing a MAGA cap and says 'no more outsourcing to other countries and abolish the 13th amendment'.

They got him. I knew they would. The Kardashian Curse has driven another man mad!

kardashians-unpaid-college-student-inter

THEY - MUST - BE - STOPPED!

Edit: So he wants to abolish the 13th Amendment AND eliminate outsourcing. sounds like he has figured out a fix for labor costs. But that will suck for someone!

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Seems he meant amend not abolish. Easy mistake to make, I guess.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/10/01/kanye-wests-baffling-13th-amendment-twitter-outburst-maybe-not-so-baffling-after-all/?utm_term=.0ce20a680516

Dude needs communication classes :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I still remember when Ye (lol) posted this screenshot of an open Pirate Bay tab where he grabbed some music mixing software after complaining how much piracy hurts his album sales.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2

Seems like legit president material post '16. ;)

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Wonder how much use an actual firearm would be.

I'd reckon not much. In a lot of cases rape is between people who know each other well or is **** like getting taken advantage of while drunk, to my knowledge no gun exists that can remove intoxication instantly and keeping a piece on you at all times is difficult. In those rapes that are "explicitly violent" if the rapist has the element of surprise then the gun is staying holstered until the rapist is finished. It makes a nice meme though.

All three tbh.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

He's also facing disciplinary action by his university. In short, his career is likely over.

However, and as you would expect, it's terrible reporting by the Beeb. The issue seems to be not so much the points he discussed, but the way he presented them—calling out people by name, ranting about "cultural marxism" and in general coming off as a temper tantrum over the fact that a woman was hired over him.

Sad that whatever data he collected and any possible merit his research may have will be disregarded in a classic style over substance maneuver, but he should have known better than to give any ammunition to those in charge of the system he's criticizing.

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

He's also facing disciplinary action by his university. In short, his career is likely over.

However, and as you would expect, it's terrible reporting by the Beeb. The issue seems to be not so much the points he discussed, but the way he presented them—calling out people by name, ranting about "cultural marxism" and in general coming off as a temper tantrum over the fact that a woman was hired over him.

Sad that whatever data he collected and any possible merit his research may have will be disregarded in a classic style over substance maneuver, but he should have known better than to give any ammunition to those in charge of the system he's criticizing.

Does seem to be his points as well, though really that is nothing new that you don't come across like some angry kid in a presentation. Maybe he's just with self diagnosed Aspergers :p

Will have to find his presentation

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/physicist-suspended-for-talk-that-sparks-sexism-concerns

Think this is it,  screeching Reddit trash have their uses - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c_NyUhOZ8erdqU2AGZJZtNfFeA91Kefj/view

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

he should have known better than to give any ammunition to those in charge of the system he's criticizing.

Ladies and gentleman, presenting to you: Homo Sovieticus Prime.

I don't know what point you're trying to make here, but I'm sure that even you would agree that that you don't need to provide your opposition with arguments to shout you down, when it's a well-documented fact that inciting anger in your audience is the worst way to convince them of anything, and especially when said arguments are tangential at best to the position you're defending.

In short, a tenured physics professor presenting himself as a butthurt Jordan Peterson groupie is doing himself no favors.

Does seem to be his points as well

Perhaps. But it's unlikely that, outside of the conspiracy crap, the arguments by themselves would have been sufficient cause to trigger an "ethics" inquiry, had he presented them more objectively.

The actual presentation seems to have been removed from the CERN website, which is kind of bad form, too.

edit: seems that the reason for removal is the naming/shaming which is explicitly against the Code of Conduct.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Wait, I just discovered Kavanaugh claimed a devil's triangle is a drinking game. I'm confused, is openly lying a requirement to join the Supreme Court or is it an exclusionary factor?

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I thought it was the Bermuda Triangle.  :biggrin:

Man, you are into some sick ****.

To be fair anyone even thinking of using terms like "cuck", "sjw", "cultural marxism", "globalism" should not only be fired but also neutered.

well, this post is new low on this forum

but lest get going, you can start with her:

https://www.bundeskanzlerin.de/Content/EN/Artikel/2017/06_en/2017-06-16-civil-20-dialogforum_eng.html

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

not sure if joke but, are you guys actually commiting hate speech now?

Hate speech is defined as speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

Unless you'd be willing to classify such people under disability, that would be a firm no. :lol:

Perhaps. But it's unlikely that, outside of the conspiracy crap, the arguments by themselves would have been sufficient cause to trigger an "ethics" inquiry, had he presented them more objectively.

I would say that if you try to show that you weren't hired even though you are better scientists than those who were hired it would probably be smart idea to make your presentation follow scientific principles instead of looking like it was writen by somebody in high school who copy pasted some graphs from google.

And he also goes very one note with his argument how quantity research papers and cituations is only thing that matters when it comes to judging merit of people as physicists.

I mean that he argues that it is equal when it comes to valuing merit of your paper if it is citated by university student doing their thesis about subject covered by many in past or researcher in CERN writing about just discovered particle.

Hate speech is defined as speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

Unless you'd be willing to classify such people under disability, that would be a firm no. :lol:

its nice how you skipped second sentence from wiki

''The law of some countries describes hate speech as speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display that incites violence or prejudicial action against a protected group or individual''

To be fair anyone even thinking of using terms like "cuck", "sjw", "cultural marxism", "globalism" should not only be fired but also neutered.

well, this post is new low on this forum

but lest get going, you can start with her:

https://www.bundeskanzlerin.de/Content/EN/Artikel/2017/06_en/2017-06-16-civil-20-dialogforum_eng.html

Nah, he's right in that using stuff like that in anything serious is not a good idea.  Like wise with 'agile'.  Besides this forum had that one guy wanting to rape NPCs in PoE :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Chump, militant-activist/fanatic (depending on the person's tact, candor and dogmatism), indentitarian, and neo-liberalism/capitalism, are the more abstract categories of those terms that don't use languages which is meant to be explicitly partisan and tribal.

Those other terms are just lazy, reactionary, partisanly-spiteful, and imply an ultimate alternative that lacks nuance. The common usage with those terms is also as an insult rather to discuss some triangulated subject matter between two people. Even if the language let's you call out some specific instance of those broader categories, you exclude the more abstract examples from your scorn, which again means the messaging will always be partisan.

Take sjw for example. People forget that early in the web, people were criticized as being keyboard warriors. An insult to call out those who acted militantly. Social justice seems almost axiomatically like something we should strive for, but the insult ties together the pursuit of social justice with the militant behavior. Even if social justice is only being used as an adjective to narrow down the instance of warriorism. The choice of language omits the broader category. Even if one's usage of the term is not meant to be selectively-apologetic over certain types of militancy, there is no way for a receiver to know for sure. People are left with what they perceive and certain choices of words sets up explicit partisan implications.

There is a huge difference between striving for actual 'social justice'  and being a SJW.  If you can't see the difference that is on you.

ie. You don't need to be a SJW Nazi to be anti racism mmmmmmmmmmmkkkkkkkkayyyyyyy? Then again, many SJW Nazis *are* racists.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.