Godlike abilities do not scale - why would anyone Godlike?

Why would anyone bother with a Godlike, outside of maybe Nature, when their abilities do not scale with levels? Seems like helms would almost certainly be more useful. 

Dialogue interactions and that's about it. Godlikes have far and away the most dialogue choices of any race, and can actually skip entire combats without requiring high dialogue tests (Like the Lighthouse with the Naga). 

There's a mod (Deadfire Tweaks, I believe) that gives them +2 Intellect/Perception instead of +1. That's the equivalent of most head items in the game. Other than that, the Death Godlike for a Bloodied build is probably going to be your best bet. 

• Like 1

Why would anyone bother with a Godlike, outside of maybe Nature, when their abilities do not scale with levels? Seems like helms would almost certainly be more useful. 

Both nature and death godlike abilities doesn't scales. Moon/Fire godlike abilities scales very slightly with level. I do agree that they need some little buff since u should gain some power in trade of losing the choice to use different head gears.

Nature Godlikes were pretty good before nerf. Now I wouldn't take them even for casters.

Death for some niche builds exploiting Barring Death's Doors (not my cup of tea).

Fire might be decent on a non-PotD Barbarian/Unbending aiming for high Armor, but otherwise meh.

Moon - useless.

Yeah, they are way too weak IMO.

Yes, Death Godlikes are pretty good for Priest who pick Salvation of Time + Barring Death's Door. +3 Power Levels for certain nukes is pretty great.

Nature Godlike is still ok if you use stuff that scales well with Power Level and if you have means of triggering it that you would use anyways (Infuse and so on). It works from lvl 1 on after all.

The rest is pretty bad.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

When you consider you can get a helm which offers +10 accuracy to all abilities which include an affliction, +1 PL seems really weak to me.

Sure it's late game... but you can get some nice helmets earlier also. Particularly if you're a multiclass, you can support various character aspects.

Or stuff like Ryngrim's Visage on Blooded, which can be a real lifesaver in melee.

Edited by Haplok

Dialogue interactions and that's about it. Godlikes have far and away the most dialogue choices of any race, and can actually skip entire combats without requiring high dialogue tests (Like the Lighthouse with the Naga). 

There's a mod (Deadfire Tweaks, I believe) that gives them +2 Intellect/Perception instead of +1. That's the equivalent of most head items in the game. Other than that, the Death Godlike for a Bloodied build is probably going to be your best bet. 

Deadfire Tweaks also adds scaling to Fire and Moon godlike passives making them closer to the original game.

Edited by Ophiuchus

Yes, Death Godlikes are pretty good for Priest who pick Salvation of Time + Barring Death's Door. +3 Power Levels for certain nukes is pretty great.

Nature Godlike is still ok if you use stuff that scales well with Power Level and if you have means of triggering it that you would use anyways (Infuse and so on). It works from lvl 1 on after all.

The rest is pretty bad.

Imagine how big those bites on a corpse eater barb could get!

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-