Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Bug] Essence Interrupter -- prevents item drop

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

SChin

SChin

Product Services Manager

• Developers
  • 822 posts

Hey everyone,

Sorry I didn't see this one and wasn't getting any kind of notification.  Strange that this one is still an issue since it should have been resolved.  Could someone send me a save to support@obsidian.net with a link to this thread so I can have someone take another look at this?

Thanks, and sorry for the delay!

• Boeroer likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14436 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Hi Sam,

would it also work if I link the savegame here?

I made a special savegame with Nomu the Marauder in the Old City (used console - bug happens with or without cheats activated). The boreal dwarf character named "Runajasko" has Essence Interrupter equipped (second weapon slot). If you crit Nomu with it (I gave him Ring of Focused Flames - use Flames of Devotion to produce a crit easily with +20 ACC) and then kill him he will spawn a creature. After it is defeated you will not get the original loot from Nomu. If you don't use the Essence Interrupter he will drop his usual stuff (unique ring etc.). For me it's 100% reproducable. Happens every time if "Experimental Souls" gets applied.

Here it is:
Savegame

Edited by Boeroer, 13 February 2019 - 07:02 AM.

• SChin likes this

thelee

thelee

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1379 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

hey waddya know the squeaky wheel got the grease.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14436 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
You just have annoy people to get things done.

I learned that from my kids. ;)
  • Wormerine likes this

pmchem

pmchem

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 46 posts

Hi Sam,

would it also work if I link the savegame here?

I made a special savegame with Nomu the Marauder in the Old City (used console - bug happens with or without cheats activated). The boreal dwarf character named "Runajasko" has Essence Interrupter equipped (second weapon slot). If you crit Nomu with it (I gave him Ring of Focused Flames - use Flames of Devotion to produce a crit easily with +20 ACC) and then kill him he will spawn a creature. After it is defeated you will not get the original loot from Nomu. If you don't use the Essence Interrupter he will drop his usual stuff (unique ring etc.). For me it's 100% reproducable. Happens every time if "Experimental Souls" gets applied.

Here it is:
Savegame

I suspect you should email it for fastest resolution

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14436 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!