[Bug] Essence Interrupter -- prevents item drop

TheWeaver

Question

I thought I saw this one logged already, but my search-fu can't find it.  Just had this happen in the Cavern of Xaur Tuk-Tuk.  The chief is supposed to drop the Shimmer Scale shield, but when I killed him while under the effects of the bow he did not.  Not a huge issue in this case as I tend not to use that shield, but obviously a bit problematic overall (going to have to watch the drops carefully and won't in many cases know what I'm missing).  In case it matters the bow is not currently upgraded.

Im building a character for "Essence Interuptor", shes a "cipher(ascendent)/warrior(devoted)". This multiclass has an incredible synergy with essence interruptor on the paper.

My thought when I started the game was how perfect this weapon was due to the best of shock/pierce damage type, BUT, there is a BUG. If there is a mob with "shock immunity", this weapon NOT apply the pierce damage too, and attacks to this mob hits for NO damage, so its not deal best of pierce/shock. Attacks says;  "Enurale Hits Scourging Blight but Scourging Blight is Immune! >---> ", but its not immune to pierce damage, other characters with pierce damage type weapon, hits successfully to this mob, because its only immune to shock damage, not to pierce.

So you cant deal any damage to the mobs, which has immunity to shock.

And my essence interruptor idea collapsed.

Edited by Enurale

I posted it here as first, i thought it would be better to post it in another thread because its a different issue about same weapon, and i cant delete this post.

That two post which i posted, they are not exactly same, the new threat much more detailed, also, if any player decide to play with this weapon, its better to know there is an another bug about this weapon.

Edited by Enurale
  • Like 1

I quickly crit & then killed Nomu the Marauder (drops unique loot) with Essence Interrupter. He turned into a Xaurip AND his whole loot dropped. Seems this was fixed. :dance:

Edit: did it six times now (crit then kill) and the loot dropped in all cases.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I thought this was fixed. But yesterday I killed that Sea Troll bounty (Tāhae or something). He turned into an Ooze. No loot drop. Ususally he drops a unique amulet and stuff. Reloaded, didn't use Essence Interrupter and the loot dropped. Bummer!!! 

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 6/17/2019 at 9:02 AM, Boeroer said:

I thought this was fixed. But yesterday I killed that Sea Troll bounty (Tāhae or something). He turned into an Ooze. No loot drop. Ususally he drops a unique amulet and stuff. Reloaded, didn't use Essence Interrupter and the loot dropped. Bummer!!!