[Bug] Essence Interrupter -- prevents item drop

TheWeaver

Question

I thought I saw this one logged already, but my search-fu can't find it.  Just had this happen in the Cavern of Xaur Tuk-Tuk.  The chief is supposed to drop the Shimmer Scale shield, but when I killed him while under the effects of the bow he did not.  Not a huge issue in this case as I tend not to use that shield, but obviously a bit problematic overall (going to have to watch the drops carefully and won't in many cases know what I'm missing).  In case it matters the bow is not currently upgraded.

I don't know if this was patched out after my last post about this or if I only had a rare glitch. Anyway: I am about to finish a playthrough where I made excessive use of Essence Interrupter and had 0 problems anymore. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hello again Weaver,

That is an interesting bug and could be potentially game breaking if that happens to enemies that drop quest items.  I'll write up a report and have the team check this out to be sure.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I just did the Nomu the Marauder bounty with the Essence Interrupter. Nomu got marked my the bow and then got killed by somebody else in my team. He turned into a bird which also got killed. Nothing dropped. Nomu is supposed to drop Chameleon's Touch.

So this bug is not fixed.

Since I started to use this bow in the current playthrough I had the impression that "turned" enemies wouldn't drop loot but I wasn't sure. Now I am: bug still persists.

Redid the fight without using the bow and the ring drops.  :getlost:

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Btw... the word "turned" made me think: does Essence Interrupter prevent oozes from spawning when you kill Huani o Whe?

nope. it used to, but that was a bug that got fixed, or so they say.

it seems odd that this bug is still around. seems to me you could potentially soft-lock or otherwise completely break down important quests by preventing specific item drops from occurring. (edit - crit path doesn't have any important drops, at least, and bounties give you the heads directly into your inventory instead of as loot.)

Edited by thelee

Ha! So it used to!)

No wonder, transformation effects often lead to unexpected results.

A famous rider of bugapokalypse, along with skyrocketing formulas, integer overflow, negative damage and first of all recursion.

This is bad. Is it really that hard to fix? It prevents me from using that weapon at all. I don't want to micromanage whom I may hit with it without risking a precious drop and whom not.

And imagine all those players who even don't know about this and wonder why they never get nice loot. :)

Bumpington!

Sam! Help the VEIs (Victims of the Essence Interrupter)!

My essence feels so interrupted by this!

Now excuse me, I need to take a shower... ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

@SChin! Hööölp! Come to the essencerescue!  :bow:

And please make my Arcane Archers imbue spell scale with power level. I start feeling lack of penetration catching up. And I stopped using my bow on which I spent all my savings on. Who could have thought that injecting kith with essence and turning them into blobs, imps or xaurips could have such a disastrous side effect!? 

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Sorry I didn't see this one and wasn't getting any kind of notification.  Strange that this one is still an issue since it should have been resolved.  Could someone send me a save to support@obsidian.net with a link to this thread so I can have someone take another look at this?

Thanks, and sorry for the delay!

• Like 1

Hi Sam,

would it also work if I link the savegame here?

I made a special savegame with Nomu the Marauder in the Old City (used console - bug happens with or without cheats activated). The boreal dwarf character named "Runajasko" has Essence Interrupter equipped (second weapon slot). If you crit Nomu with it (I gave him Ring of Focused Flames - use Flames of Devotion to produce a crit easily with +20 ACC) and then kill him he will spawn a creature. After it is defeated you will not get the original loot from Nomu. If you don't use the Essence Interrupter he will drop his usual stuff (unique ring etc.). For me it's 100% reproducable. Happens every time if "Experimental Souls" gets applied.

Here it is:

Savegame

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Hi Sam,

would it also work if I link the savegame here?

I made a special savegame with Nomu the Marauder in the Old City (used console - bug happens with or without cheats activated). The boreal dwarf character named "Runajasko" has Essence Interrupter equipped (second weapon slot). If you crit Nomu with it (I gave him Ring of Focused Flames - use Flames of Devotion to produce a crit easily with +20 ACC) and then kill him he will spawn a creature. After it is defeated you will not get the original loot from Nomu. If you don't use the Essence Interrupter he will drop his usual stuff (unique ring etc.). For me it's 100% reproducable. Happens every time if "Experimental Souls" gets applied.

Here it is:

Savegame

I suspect you should email it for fastest resolution