Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

We need a proper abilities descriptions (cry of my heart)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Phenomenum

Phenomenum

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 573 posts

IIRC Josh mentioned most tooltip information is procedurally generated by the engine. BMac would likely be the guy for this stuff.

Ok, thanks. I will try to contact him (at least he should be able to implement Int-updated abilities duration).
  • Haplok likes this

Phenomenum

Phenomenum

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 573 posts

I agree with every part of the opening post, but the lack of attribute values in the tooltips in particular is just weird.

Weird but true(

jww

jww

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 100 posts

I especially like the descriptions (mostly in equipment) where it's not clear whether the damage or effect is being applied to the player or the enemy.

• Haplok, AndreaColombo, oaktownbrown and 3 others like this

Littlebob86

Littlebob86

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
+1
  • AndreaColombo likes this

Hulk'O'Saurus

Hulk'O'Saurus

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 688 posts
  • Steam:Yaz Mataz

That's something that Deadfire inherited from PoE1.

I still remember that Comtessa's Cage, lol!

PS:Yes, in some cases the descriptions are not clear. With some abilites you get a gist of what it'll do but can't really gauge performance. With experience you learn, but that may add a few unnecessary(for some people) hours. 

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus, 10 September 2018 - 03:32 PM.

Faustus2

Faustus2

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 69 posts

I agree with every part of the opening post, but the lack of attribute values in the tooltips in particular is just weird.

SO WEIRD!!!!

The abilities that are suggested to be important to a class in character creation are not too accurate for the most part, imo.

I also don’t know how anyone is expected to play this game (besides story/normal/no challenge mode) without digging through the forums for help.

At least inform us during character creation that we’ll definitely need perception in order to hit something... Across all classes pretty much. Sheesh.
  • Phenomenum likes this

Spherical

Spherical

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 48 posts

Would very much like to see this as well.

• Phenomenum likes this

Spherical

Spherical

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 48 posts

So... any update on this?

kmbogd

kmbogd

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah, I would like to see this resolved as soon as possible as well. It's one of those things that doesn't look like a big thing but which enforces the impression that the game did not get to the level of maturity to be considered a polished game.

PS: please do something with the description of Armored Grace as it has nothing to do with the actual effect of the ability (same for the pets that have the identical effect)

Edited by kmbogd, 03 October 2018 - 01:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users