Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

God Challenges Feedback!

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1167 posts
One I'd like to see: no permadeath but injuries are more debilitating, no resting allowed except at inns.

I love the idea of some of the god challenges, but I'm a bit intimidated by Path Of The Damned, even with everyone talking about how easy it is. So if possible I would love the option to have the god challenges available for lower difficulties/allow mods or Berath's Blessings
  • InsaneCommander likes this

Bronsteijn

Bronsteijn

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 52 posts

I would like to be able to activate them for an existing save. Right now I am waiting for the new patch to start playing. All my other games without the challenges became useless.

• itshairtime likes this

1TTFFSSE

1TTFFSSE

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 527 posts

Make the following challenge:

-All enemies enraged:+20%attack speed, +2 penetration, +5 Might

• dukeisaac and Teclis23 like this

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5577 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I dont like them. I would like to see challenges that make the game more difficult on POTD as the mid to late levels currently are not balanced properly. After my party hit level 14 the rest of the game became a cakewalk.

God challenges i would like to see:

- not able to use empower
- higher level scaling
- more expensive unique items
- more enemies in encounters

Stuff like this basicaly. You have introduced trivial stuff with the god challnges that i will never use. Please introduce challnges like the above

I like the challenges so far. What I'd really like is the option to turn challenges on in every difficulty. I want to create my own game balance, and these challenges would be perfect for that.

This might seem contradictory, but I really want a Deadfire challenge approach that encompass these two perspectives and provide as many options as possible.

• Silent Winter likes this

Srex

Srex

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I think the god challenges are a cool idea, but I haven't tried any of them yet myself. I think making sweeping changes to strategic aspects of the game is the way to implement more challenges going forward.

I would like to see more challenges like these:

• all per-encounter abilities become per-rest
  • empower disabled
  • resting only allowed in rare "safe" zones, inns, etc
  • pillars 1 style health/endurance system
  • all "supernatural" type mobility abilities disabled (martial class teleporting, dashing through things, etc)

I will probably never play the magran challenge, the abydon challenge could be cool (but it looks like it could also just become tedious, like weapons breaking in bg1), and the skaen one sounds fun but not that difficult. I will definitely play the berath one.

Edited by Srex, 11 September 2018 - 12:19 PM.

• Tingel, misterjimmy and Xsanf like this

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2078 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

My main concern regarding god challenges are:

---> Disabled Mods and Beraths Blessings <---

Being able to play with the God's Challenges on other difficulties besides PotD and with mods and Berath's blessings would be interesting if we had these:

• all per-encounter abilities become per-rest
  • resting only allowed in rare "safe" zones, inns, etc
  • pillars 1 style health/endurance system

Edited by InsaneCommander, 08 September 2018 - 01:39 PM.

misterjimmy

misterjimmy

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 143 posts

One I'd like to see: no permadeath but injuries are more debilitating, no resting allowed except at inns.

wait for this stupid loading just because you must resting at inns. This is not challenge. 

Edited by misterjimmy, 08 September 2018 - 03:14 PM.

• Manveru123 likes this

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1167 posts
If you choose to sail back to the inn whenever one character gets knocked out in combat that's your business
  • Achilles, InsaneCommander, esyvjrt and 1 other like this

Taevyr

Taevyr

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

I'd also like to have the God Challenges be possible on every difficulty, and to have one that limits resting and makes injuries tougher to deal with, more in line with PoE1 (Rymrgand perhaps, as in " gradually grinding down your party"?).

People complaining that this is tedious instead of challenging can just not take the challenge, or learn to roll with the punches instead of going back and forth whenever someone drops for a moment.

• JerekKruger, InsaneCommander and esyvjrt like this

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2078 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm incapable of rest spamming. If you do it too often, it either means that your party is spending a week in a dungeon or that they can go to sleep many times a day. I know it feels different for each player, but for me this completely breaks the immersion so I always do my best to avoid resting inside a dungeon, unless it's a big one, like Durgan's Battery, for example.

• Achilles, esyvjrt and pinata37 like this

Kaylon

Kaylon

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1293 posts

I would like to see challenges where the consumables and resting are limited because right now abusing charges/scrolls makes the game very easy.

Also I would like to see some kind of reward after completing a god's challenge - maybe some boons (similar to Magran's) which can be selected at the start of a game.

• Boeroer, Dr <3 and Woopee like this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14918 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Both suggestions I agree with. Especially the "restricted consumables" part. Hm... would make Mage Slayer a more favorable pick maybe. ;)

Vixenary

Vixenary

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Steam:Harmtouch

So this isn't really a bug, but just wanted to post this interaction here in case it wasn't expected. Anyway, so I was playing with all the challenges on (as a berserker). Pretty much every fight required me to be right on top of any enemy or they were completely invisible and not even visually rendered.

I was playing around in the beast of winter area and got the footsteps of the beast (which pulses that aoe hobbling effect). I did a real noob move and turned on rage near the end of a fight (with the boots on), at least I thought it was the end. Apparently there were archers around 5-7m away from me on either side of the fight, so I couldn't see them or their arrows except for the damage numbers occasionally popping up. Needless to say, that aoe hobbled the **** out of me and I got 3 wounds or injuries or whatever you want to call them in a couple of seconds and KO'd myself (mostly because I couldn't find the archers and I was slowed).

After metaphorically facepalming myself into the 34th century, thought it would be worth posting here for a laugh.

Edited by Vixenary, 09 September 2018 - 01:48 AM.

misterjimmy

misterjimmy

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 143 posts

Maybe add subclass for enemy is good idea.

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2078 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I see there are many suggestions here. I hope Obsidian just keeps adding them no matter how many gods are available. Make it Ngati's Challenge, Gaun's, etc. These things will make the game even more interesting.

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1167 posts
Note that there are 12 slots in the god challenge UI, and only 11 gods in the setting.

Spoiler

• InsaneCommander likes this

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3045 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Note that there are 12 slots in the god challenge UI, and only 11 gods in the setting.

Spoiler

”Select All”

Taevyr

Taevyr

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Spoiler

Perhaps there'll be separate Eothas and Gaun challenges?

esyvjrt

esyvjrt

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 105 posts

No inventory (only equipment slots)

Rest only in inns (Galawain, or Skaen in addition of the current challenge)

Make all AoE to affect both enemies and allies (maybe Magran?)

No health regeneration, permanent injuries (Rymgrand)

Double negative reputation (Skaen)

Remove the PotD restriction

Abydon: Limit the number of times an item can be repaired

Magran: Will never use it, but kind of like it to be there. Still i think i  would prefer something i would actually use

Skaen: I really like it, but feels small, there should be something else

Wael: "What will happen is a mystery" (Nothing happens)

So far i will use everything but Magran

• InsaneCommander and Piero like this

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2078 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Wael: "What will happen is a mystery" (Nothing happens)

Wael: the other challenges are randomly turned on and off during the game. :p

• AndreaColombo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users