Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

God Challenges Feedback!

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5385 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
There will be a 12th challenge, but it is not known what it’ll be: https://jesawyer.tum...n-pilars-of/amp

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2080 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Nemnok!

• thelee likes this

Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Cynic of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

There will be a twelfth challenge.

Edit: Never mind, beaten.

Edited by Night Stalker, 18 December 2018 - 04:10 AM.

• Taudis likes this

Frak

Frak

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 444 posts

But what will it contain? No armour? No pets? All enemies will be converted into stormspeakers that sing "Never Gonna Give You Up!"?

Khagmas

Khagmas

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Steam:Gwynrick
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

The twelfth Magran's Fire: Engwithan's Challenge;

• It is necessary to complete the game and all DLCs in patch 4.0, ignoring errors and crashes. Access to the technical support on Obsidian forum is disabled.
  • Sometimes errors will be generated randomly in the content in which they are not present now.

• rjshae likes this

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5075 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

There aren't any deities left without challenges, are there?

Lamppost in Winter

Lamppost in Winter

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Rymyrgand's Challenge with Insidious' mod that adds the "prepared food" wrinkle from Woedica's Challenge feels like a whole new game. So far (up to about Hasongo), resource management, both personal and in the ship, actually feels meaningful and there's a lot more tension in lengthier crawls. Technically, you can backtrack to find some prepared meals if you're really beaten up, but even that has the cost of probably spoiling some of your food, so you can't really do it willy-nilly.

I will say that even with prepared food modded to last a day longer, it does feel rather punishing how quickly it expires. Maybe I just have to do more planning ahead with ingredients, but finding prepared meals as loot is frustrating because it'll often just go to waste.

Edited by Lamppost in Winter, 19 December 2018 - 12:13 PM.

thelee

thelee

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Rymyrgand's Challenge with Insidious' mod that adds the "prepared food" wrinkle from Woedica's Challenge feels like a whole new game. So far (up to about Hasongo), resource management, both personal and in the ship, actually feels meaningful and there's a lot more tension in lengthier crawls. Technically, you can backtrack to find some prepared meals if you're really beaten up, but even that has the cost of probably spoiling some of your food, so you can't really do it willy-nilly.

I will say that even with prepared food modded to last a day longer, it does feel rather punishing how quickly it expires. Maybe I just have to do more planning ahead with ingredients, but finding prepared meals as loot is often frustrating because it'll often just go to waste.

The incentives get a bit weird with rymyrgand's challenge. food doesn't seem to start rotting until it hits your inventory, so i might just leave food where i find it until i need it.

• Lamppost in Winter likes this

Lamppost in Winter

Lamppost in Winter

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The incentives get a bit weird with rymyrgand's challenge. food doesn't seem to start rotting until it hits your inventory, so i might just leave food where i find it until i need it.

give us the apparently ubiquitous refrigerated crates scattered around the archipelago

I also started leaving food in crates for later but found I basically never returned to them anyway.

Something I forgot to add is buying meals seems largely pointless apart from feeding your crew or if you want a specific rest bonus because they a) probably will expire before you need to use them to heal Injuries and b) if you're in a place where you can buy a meal, you can probably rest at a tavern instead.

Edited by Lamppost in Winter, 20 December 2018 - 01:45 AM.

Bronsteijn

Bronsteijn

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 55 posts

For those interested about the possible last challenge. Yesterday short lived turn based mode patch, that probably was not meant to go live, showed something called "The Ultimate"

It activates every single challenge, triple crown and solo. It also require you to do every encounter in the game.

You may also ask how does the Magran challenge work on turn based, you have a very limited amount of time to do your move and attack. The starting boat fight took forever and I missed a couple of my turns but probably because it was not yet well implemented, no UI indication like circling the character who's turn it is except the camera moving where the action is. You had to look at the initiative/turn table and pray you don't miss your turn or that it doesn't become bugged an no longer displaying the current turn order. It takes time to get used to and you character could get stuck between other characters and loose it's move points and action point.

Certain abilities took two turns like Summoning a Furry Ward for example.

You could slow down the time in turn based, so to have a bit more time to do you actions, but your character would also be very slow thus to put someone in flanking position was more difficult than needed.

Edited by Bronsteijn, 21 December 2018 - 04:08 AM.

• thelee, Reent and InsaneCommander like this

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2080 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It also require you to do every encounter in the game.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• thelee, Reent and segundoblz like this

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1174 posts
Idea for Abydon's challenge: Mythic enchantment (you can apply this to a maximum of four or five items ever) makes items immune to degradation. Wonder if this could be modded
  • AlexDeLarge, InsaneCommander and dukeisaac like this

VanThorn

VanThorn

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Steam:modern_soldier_pl

What do i have to do with spoiled food? Can i throw this out or use it for something? Im asking because im getting more and more of this stuff and it's stinks. A cannot do anything else. I can use food only when im resting, during camp.

thelee

thelee

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

What do i have to do with spoiled food? Can i throw this out or use it for something? Im asking because im getting more and more of this stuff and it's stinks. A cannot do anything else. I can use food only when im resting, during camp.

you can sell a gigantic stack of it to a vendor for 0 gold. in the initial version of rymrgand's challenge, the spoiled food itself used to decay and disappear, but now it doesn't do that. i sold a stack of 999+ to one vendor, and i kept another stack of 999+ in my inventory just for fun.

VanThorn

VanThorn

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

And it would be very usefull if there was a timer on food, days and hours left untill it spoil.

Edited by VanThorn, 11 February 2019 - 09:39 AM.

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1174 posts
A little health meter on food to count down to when it spoils would be nice. Probably difficult to implement with stacking, but they could have a meter on a stack to show the soonest spoil time maybe. I was going to say a health meter on weapons would be nice too, but they break so quickly in practice it really isn't needed. If it didn't break this fight it'll break next fight!

VanThorn

VanThorn

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

In Witcher 3 is % of used weapons and armors and i think it usage is connected to combat/when u actually use it, nothing more. Here could be the same, weapons and armours using during combat only.

Life bar on food, could start when u pick up some to your inventory and get lower when time passes after it. And with that we could use some kind of fridge on the ship to keep this food good for longer :)

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2080 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

If only we could donate it to the people in Tikawara during the Plucked Fruit quest. ;)

Verde

Verde

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG
So I think for Abydons challenge to be more enjoyable there has to be an option to repair gear with materials. It's impossible to repair gear only with Gold in situations where you can't travel back to the hub, like in the Beast of Winter. And really, what purpose does Gold serve while dungeon diving? You should be able to pay blacksmiths to repair with gold otherwise repair with tier 1/2 materials. Honestly I may be running around naked in the cold by the end of Beast of Winter.

Edited by Verde, 20 February 2019 - 05:53 AM.

thelee

thelee

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So I think for Abydons challenge to be more enjoyable there has to be an option to repair gear with materials. It's impossible to repair gear only with Gold in situations where you can't travel back to the hub, like in the Beast of Winter. And really, what purpose does Gold serve while dungeon diving? You should be able to pay blacksmiths to repair with gold otherwise repair with tier 1/2 materials. Honestly I may be running around naked in the cold by the end of Beast of Winter.

...why are you returning to the hub? you can repair whenever you need. is it just that you're out of gold?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users