God Challenges Feedback!

I really like the new Hylea and Rymrgand Challenges. :)

I wonder if Vela will complain that she is hungry. :p

Rymrgand challenge sounds lame tbh, a minor adjustment (at best) to the gameplay. My pukestabber usage will basically become obsolete and shark soup strats will be obsoleted too, but other than that...

Hylea's challenge, on the other hand. For you rick and morty fans out there, i have three words for you: KEEP VELA SAFE

Edited by thelee
  • Like 2

What will the new challanges be? 

was in the 3.1.0 beta patch notes (taht got pulled)

rymrgand: food bonuses have a short duration instead of lasting until next rest

hylea: vela is in your party, can't attack, doesn't take up a party slot, but if she dies game over.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, Rymrgand's challenge makes it so food spoils after a set amount of time when sitting in your inventory. It doesn't change the buffs you get from food =)

• Like 4

I try my very best.

Just to clarify, Rymrgand's challenge makes it so food spoils after a set amount of time when sitting in your inventory. It doesn't change the buffs you get from food.

ohhhhh that's different form what i understood from the patch notes. that sounds... interesting (no more hoarding that captain's banquet or hylea's meal)

• Like 3

Just to clarify, Rymrgand's challenge makes it so food spoils after a set amount of time when sitting in your inventory. It doesn't change the buffs you get from food =)

I had to bust out a pencil & paper to keep track of when food is going to spoil being it doesn't count down to when it will spoil. Intended? We going old-school SSI on this challenge? ;)

• Like 1

It's perfect for my next character, benevolent and child caring. But I can't see a reason to have her when I play as a cruel priest.

Although...wouldn't benevolent and child caring mean leaving her on the ship where it's safe and warm?

Taking her along on crucible challenges and into the white void  just seems...irresponsible :)

• Like 1

It's perfect for my next character, benevolent and child caring. But I can't see a reason to have her when I play as a cruel priest.

Although...wouldn't benevolent and child caring mean leaving her on the ship where it's safe and warm?

Taking her along on crucible challenges and into the white void  just seems...irresponsible :)

You are totally correct. It was already insane to keep her on the boat, imagine bringing her to battles. Remember that this means she will be there in all encounters, including mega bosses and well, let's not spoil the game, but there are places that are dangerous even without enemies.

One way or another, this is the only character I'm planning that would actually care about Vela. :(

I guess I will have to make up an excuse. Maybe Eothas messed with Vela's soul too and the only way she can survive is if she stays close to the Watcher. :w00t:

• Like 1

sign.jpg

I understand this isn't exactly a request thread for challenges but I'm a rebel and will do so anyway! =)

Challenges:

• PoE1 Style Fatigue System (basically you have to rest instead of adventuring for 20 days at a time; extreme caase but happens)
  • Can't Access Stash at all (in or out) unless in a major city AND in an area you're ship is in (of course on the ship too)
  • No Quest Journal entries (nothing at all in the quest journal, write it down and shut up; lol). Also disables Popup updates
  • All Beneficial effects on creatures' tooltips removed. All. And Bestiary soesn't populate with entries.
  • No Area Maps. Can't open them in the map panel nor can you select destinations from the Legend popdown for quick travel (well, there's no map so of course).
  • Heavy and Medium armor severely affects casting time and can do 'wild magic' (ex. casting fireball could take 3-4 seconds longer and it may backfire and trigger on self) and plate helms (or obstructive type of helms) disable spellcasting all together (hey gotta mix the verbal with somatic intricately! Hey I'm a professional Sorcerer! lol)
  • Professional challenge: scrolls can't be used unless you're a class that literally can cast them. Potions can't be used until a [newly implemented] required amount of skill level. Explosives have a chance to detonate on self/group 50% of the time and the chance lessens -5% for every point in Explosives until it's only at 5% chance.
Edited by Rolandur

Oh my gods! You can't control Vela!! :w00t::aiee:

Edit: I know it wouldn't be a challenge if we could leave her in a safe place, but even so I was surprised to see her darting around on her own.

Ah, so it's a realistic child simulator.

in general i stay away from the beta branch just for my game's stability's sake, but man am i looking forward to trying hylea's challenge. i can't not stop imagining lolololol KEEP SUMMER SAFE-style moments. "GAH VELA NO *casts empowered tornado, end up hostile-ing entire nekataka*"

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

I understand this isn't exactly a request thread for challenges but I'm a rebel and will do so anyway! =)

Challenges:

• PoE1 Style Fatigue System (basically you have to rest instead of adventuring for 20 days at a time; extreme caase but happens)
  • Can't Access Stash at all (in or out) unless in a major city AND in an area you're ship is in (of course on the ship too)
  • No Quest Journal entries (nothing at all in the quest journal, write it down and shut up; lol). Also disables Popup updates
  • All Beneficial effects on creatures' tooltips removed. All. And Bestiary soesn't populate with entries.
  • No Area Maps. Can't open them in the map panel nor can you select destinations from the Legend popdown for quick travel (well, there's no map so of course).
  • Heavy and Medium armor severely affects casting time and can do 'wild magic' (ex. casting fireball could take 3-4 seconds longer and it may backfire and trigger on self) and plate helms (or obstructive type of helms) disable spellcasting all together (hey gotta mix the verbal with somatic intricately! Hey I'm a professional Sorcerer! lol)
  • Professional challenge: scrolls can't be used unless you're a class that literally can cast them. Potions can't be used until a [newly implemented] required amount of skill level. Explosives have a chance to detonate on self/group 50% of the time and the chance lessens -5% for every point in Explosives until it's only at 5% chance.

honestly i was expecting rymrgand challenge to be an increasing fatigue system. seemed pretty fitting with entropy/decay portfolio.

i would love for a "no stash anywhere" option to come back. i always played poe1 like that and it really made me play more deliberately with my inventory.

• Like 2

honestly i was expecting rymrgand challenge to be an increasing fatigue system. seemed pretty fitting with entropy/decay portfolio.

i would love for a "no stash anywhere" option to come back. i always played poe1 like that and it really made me play more deliberately with my inventory.

And while I proposed the challenge I know I'd still not like it *unless* the whole SHIFT modifier key was disabled too. I already can not PoE1 because this game trained me to SHIFT key everything to the Stash so in  PoE1 now I wasted so much time yelling, cursing and traveling back to cities I just stopped playing. lol

Edited by Rolandur
  • Like 1

in general i stay away from the beta branch just for my game's stability's sake, but man am i looking forward to trying hylea's challenge. i can't not stop imagining lolololol KEEP SUMMER SAFE-style moments. "GAH VELA NO *casts empowered tornado, end up hostile-ing entire nekataka*"

Omg this would be really cool. Play with Berath's Challenge too and end the game with no companions because they died with your spells and you couldn't resurrect them since you were busy recasting withdraw on Vela. :teehee:

• Like 2

sign.jpg

A caring guardian would never bring his/her child along to fight :p

Edited by Verde

A caring guardian would never bring his/her child along to fight :p

No, but the other characters I have from PoE1 or that I plan to play in Deadfire wouldn't even have her in the first place. :shrugz:

A stoic Berath Priest? Wouldn't care if she died in PoE1. The cruel magranite Barbarian? He's probably made the deal with Simoc...

sign.jpg