Any good 'fancy' armor that looks good on men?

Hey guys,

So, the Vallian Frock Coat looks REALLY good on female characters, but the character I had planned is usually male. By which I mean, the character from the other roleplaying campaigns I've played him in is male. And the male version of the Vallian Frock Coat just looks... silly. Now, I have a few ideas on how to handle this in a somewhat tasteful way, but before I do I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for other outfit style clothing that had that same debonair flair and looked good on men? Preferably cloth 'outfit' pieces, because what I plan to do is mod the enchantments/stats from the High Harbinger's Coat onto a version of that outfit once I get it. Basically, a transmog so I can look fashionable in combat. 

I thought Miscreant's Leathers that you get from Benweth were pretty fancy. Not obnoxiously fancy like frock coats, but not shabby either. Also, Legendary versions of leather armors generally make them look even more stylish.

Barring that if I recall correctly Vailian, Aedyran and Principi clothing items were pretty nice looking too, esp Principi.

Or you could always go with Dancer's outfit :p

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 3
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Barring that if I recall correctly Vailian, Aedyran and Principi clothing items were pretty nice looking too, esp Principi.

Or you could always go with Dancer's outfit :p

If only we could enchant these clothes. :(

Well, you can. If you don't mind modding. 

Yeah, Miscreant's looks best from a style perspective while actually being armor. I'll look at regular Legendary leather armor. 

Edit: Normal Vallian clothes look nice too. 

Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather

Yeah, Miscreant's looks best from a style perspective while actually being armor. I'll look at regular Legendary leather armor. 

Now that you mentioned it, I think I've seen a mod like this before. But I couldn't find it on Nexus. Do you remember the name of the mod?

sign.jpg

Now that you mentioned it, I think I've seen a mod like this before. But I couldn't find it on Nexus. Do you remember the name of the mod?

I know you can do it with the Unity Console mod - but it's not a perfect transition. You basically create a copy of the item you want to use, and then drop the enchantments in there. I'm not sure if you can mod individual armor values to get an exact match though (Like if the robe I wanted gave extra Corrode resist or whatever). And I'm hoping you can edit the name, the flavor text, and whether it's got the "unique" icon or not, but I'm not sure. 

I know you can do it with the Unity Console mod - but it's not a perfect transition. You basically create a copy of the item you want to use, and then drop the enchantments in there. I'm not sure if you can mod individual armor values to get an exact match though (Like if the robe I wanted gave extra Corrode resist or whatever). And I'm hoping you can edit the name, the flavor text, and whether it's got the "unique" icon or not, but I'm not sure.

I'll check the Nexus again and if it is the case, I'll make a mod request later.

I think the one I saw was this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/40?tab=description

sign.jpg

I'll check the Nexus again and if it is the case, I'll make a mod request later.

Speaking of... I am surprised we can't enchant clothes in Deadfire, since we were able to do so back in POE1. I would have certainly wanted to use Principi clothing on my more morally-questionable Cipher.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Speaking of... I am surprised we can't enchant clothes in Deadfire, since we were able to do so back in POE1. I would have certainly wanted to use Principi clothing on my more morally-questionable Cipher.

Maybe has something to do with the way they changed the enchantment system? I remember in PoE1, they were a lot more generalized. The usual "Fine, Exceptional, Superb, Legendary" and then stuff like elemental resistances and lashes and stuff. Now all of that stuff is gone, and we have specific upgrade paths. 

It'd be cool if we could do that, though. 

Sir, the term is FABULOUS.

That happens sometimes :p

But when I don't like how something looks I change it regardless of the effects. For example, I wouldn't use the new helmet from BoW with the Dozens armor. I prefer to equip the new armor that fits the helmet.

Only headgear and other stuff that don't show or you can turn off are acceptable. :)

sign.jpg