Using female armor models on male characters and vice-versa?

Hey guys, quick question. Are the male/female versions of different pieces of armor (Namely, the Vallian Frock Coat and some of the other 'clothing' items) stored separately (And thus, able to be used by either gender with some modding) or not? Female characters get an infinitely cooler version of the Vallian Frock Coat that I want to use as 'glamour' for my Watcher (Because yes, roleplay matters to me, dangit), and while playing a female character isn't the end of the world, I want to see if I could get the model to use on a male character. 

Could someone talk me through the process? 

Yes, they are stored separately :yes: . Yes, one can mod them to the other gender :yes: . No, they don't look good when switched :no: .

The meshes, skeletons and scale of armor are designed for specific body types (gender and race) and behave odd, misplaced and crooked on other bodies. Unless you are very good at designing and editing 3D models this is a fruitless endeavor.

Yes, they are stored separately :yes: . Yes, one can mod them to the other gender :yes: . No, they don't look good when switched :no: .

The meshes, skeletons and scale of armor are designed for specific body types (gender and race) and behave odd, misplaced and crooked on other bodies. Unless you are very good at designing and editing 3D models this is a fruitless endeavor.

I am not! Female character it is, then.