Druid's Maelstorm is not worse than Wizard's spells. Additionally, Lifegiver is a beast of a support. I do think that Tekehu's subclass is better offensively than what Watcher can have, because he does have one advantage over the Wizard: you can put him on auto-pilot. As a Wizard, you have to target your spells to not blow up your team, but Tekehu doesn't care about that. Druid multi (other than maybe Shifter) feels lacking, until you realize that having a Paladin/Lifegiver support character means that your party never dies.

Priest of Berath is a fantastic nuker late-game, who also brings AoE buffing potential, which is something a Wizard doesn't have. While multiclassing with a martial class gives you a warrior with very good damage output and massive survivability. A Skaen/Helwalker Contemplative is very strong, and if we ever get Woedica without mod.. will be even better.

Ciphers are the only class in the game that can restore other's resources, which is a massive boon. Ascendant Cipher is a great nuker, especially if you go single-class. You have very strong AoE and single-target damage options, and they're all Foe only! The moment you unlock Time Parasite, nothing will stand in your way. As a multi, I love playing a CC oriented Trickster/Beguiler.

This is something I've said in one of the other threads some time ago: every class is strong if you know how to build and play it. Some multiclass combinations are indeed bad (mostly due to nerfs), but the classes themselves are all fine.

Which multis do you consider bad?

I like your Tier 8/9 rankings. I'd prob put Monk higher than Cipher but that's nitpicky.

I had to laugh at Rogues ranking because they are one of my favorite classes because they are so fun to multi. I see no reason to ever single them.

The ties are simply in alphabetical order and I agree they could go either way.

I love Rogue for multi, but their T8/T9 skills (single class defining skills) are limited and pretty lackluster.

Thank you.

Yes, at the moment I like fighter better in a multiclass. Except Black Jacket with Morning Star, Flail, Club and Pike. He's a great debuffer and the sooner you get Clear Out (for applying the -25/-10 debuff in an AoE) the better.

Black Jacket is also a fighter that is not boring to play. With three attacks I can bring an enemy to -10 deflection, -25 fortitude and -25 will + reflex. Bosses tremble before me...

Also try the not so boring combo of WotEP + Mule Kick and then Clear Out + Cleaving Stance. Pure fun!

Another benefit to two-handed Black Jacket: it helps you better disperse unique one-handed weapons throughout your party.

I like your Tier 8/9 rankings. I'd prob put Monk higher than Cipher but that's nitpicky.

I had to laugh at Rogues ranking because they are one of my favorite classes because they are so fun to multi. I see no reason to ever single them.

The ties are simply in alphabetical order and I agree they could go either way.

I love Rogue for multi, but their T8/T9 skills (single class defining skills) are limited and pretty lackluster.

There are ranked from highest to lowest not alphabetical. W does not come before R :)

To keep on topic, it might be interesting to see which classes people think have the best T8/T9 choices.   As a starter template, it could be measured by Number of Options and Power.

Quick methodology:

Part 1: Somewhat objective: Class with highest sum of available T8 and T9 = 100% (normalized to 10 on 1 to 10 scale).  Every other class uses the highest total as the denominator to yield a rating.    

Part 2: This is subjective: 1-10 Power rankings.  These are my thoughts after three runs, with different patches, with 5-man POTD parties, to try as many combinations as possible. 

Part 3: Sum and rank

Rating of T8/T9s

---------------------------

Priest 10 8 = 18

Wiz 8 10 = 18

Chanter 6 8 = 14

Cipher  5 8 = 13

Monk 4 9 = 13

Druid  6 6 = 12

Ranger 4 8 = 12

Fighter 6 5 = 11

Barb  5 6 = 11

Paladin  5 6 = 11

Rogue 4 6 = 10

I think there should be a topic dedicated to this evaluation. You should make one.

I also think that the question of ressources (e.g. Discipline) for Single Class might also be evaluated by a third grade (or qualitative comment) per class.

And also a global grade for the whole Single Class.

For example :

Wizard :

T8 : 8

T9 : 10

Ressources : Sufficient

Global Grade : 9,5

Edited by Elric Galad

Druid's Maelstorm is not worse than Wizard's spells. Additionally, Lifegiver is a beast of a support. I do think that Tekehu's subclass is better offensively than what Watcher can have, because he does have one advantage over the Wizard: you can put him on auto-pilot. As a Wizard, you have to target your spells to not blow up your team, but Tekehu doesn't care about that. Druid multi (other than maybe Shifter) feels lacking, until you realize that having a Paladin/Lifegiver support character means that your party never dies.

Priest of Berath is a fantastic nuker late-game, who also brings AoE buffing potential, which is something a Wizard doesn't have. While multiclassing with a martial class gives you a warrior with very good damage output and massive survivability. A Skaen/Helwalker Contemplative is very strong, and if we ever get Woedica without mod.. will be even better.

Ciphers are the only class in the game that can restore other's resources, which is a massive boon. Ascendant Cipher is a great nuker, especially if you go single-class. You have very strong AoE and single-target damage options, and they're all Foe only! The moment you unlock Time Parasite, nothing will stand in your way. As a multi, I love playing a CC oriented Trickster/Beguiler.

This is something I've said in one of the other threads some time ago: every class is strong if you know how to build and play it. Some multiclass combinations are indeed bad (mostly due to nerfs), but the classes themselves are all fine.

Which multis do you consider bad?

Very specific class combos. Like anything with Evoker. Caster/caster multis are generally mediocre. Loremaster is iffy because both Wizard and Chanter have better MC options (also used to be amazing before patches). Same with Shepherd. Same thing with Itinerant.

Now there are some intangibles that should be taken into consideration.  For example, the fact that anyone can cast Avenging Storm cheapens the hell out of a good, class defining skill for Druids.  This isn't as impactful for high-end Priest and Wizard scrolls, since they have many other unique, class defining spells that they can only cast.

The only way Obs cares about druids is making sure they don't come even close to their beloved wizards.

After reflection of some data, my thesis has expanded and now I believe the following classes need help on T8 and T9 skills:

Rogue, Fighter, Barb, Druid on the critical list, with Paladin on the consideration list.

But... druid is a caster and people say lvl8/9 spells are awesome. How come druid made it into your list? Don't you think Tornado is uber mega amazing?

Vancian =/= per rest.