There are powerful classes...

Good classes that could use a tweak...

And crappy classes... like fighters.

I’ve played a lot of multi and pure classes, but the more hours I log, the clearer it becomes that fighters are horribly lackluster. They have nothing special, no wow factor, and certainly wouldn’t make my top five list for most powerful classes.

So what is the fighter supposed to be? I know, people immediately say fighters are supposed to be boring, but why? Shouldn’t all classes be fun and interesting to play. With that said, to start a conversation, my suggestions are:

1) Passive Parry (Tier 5 power- some percent that scales with level) - fighters should be top dogs in defensive melee - still boring, but would help differentiate and help with power ranking

2) Heart of a Warrior (Tier 7 power- +HP Buff, like a spell, but give the fighter a quick cast 30-40 HP increase) - 1 resource

3) Slay (Tier 8 power- +100 point melee attack- if a caster can drop 100+ damage in an AOE, fighters should be masters of Single Target Damage) - 1 resource

4) Soul of a Champion (Tier 8 power- +10 Str, +10 Per +5 Con, high level, long duration buff) - 1 resource

5) Legend of the Slayer (Tier 9 power- wielded weapon adds +10 Raw per 5 secs for 30 seconds) - 1 resource

These are basic ideas to start the conversation, but fighters really need something that compares to the “wow” powers of other classes.

• Like 1

Whispers of the Endless Paths + Clear Out.

Morning Star with Body Blows and Mule Kick.

Mob Stance + lots of Engagement Slots.

Unbending.

Disciplined Strikes.

Refreshing Defense (stacks with all deflection bonuses).

And more... fighters have lots of the good stuff.

You may have played a lot of multi and pure classes, but it seems that you didn't understand fighter yet.

The only thing that could be improved are PL 8 & 9. And Power Strike. That one is way too expensive. But I believe it gets cheaper with 2.1.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Your an idiot

Fighters are no where near crappy

Rant alert

Insulting other forum user for his opinion of a class should make you recapacitate about who is really the idiot.

Or maybe he is just enquiring the whereabouts of your idiot. 

It's soooo easy to remember, perhaps we need to cut the unfortunates who can't manage some slack.

Possessive pronouns include my, mine, our, ours, its, his, her, hers, their, theirs, your and yours - all words that demonstrate ownership. Here are some examples of possessive pronouns used in sentences: The kids are yours and mine. The house is theirs and its paint is flaking

Anyway, yes, we can't have any of that. Keep your eyes on the ball and resist the urge to make personal remarks. 

• Like 4

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

If the OP hasnt figured out how to play fighters properly and comes onto these forums ranting about them being crappy then expect the expected.

If it wasnt me calling him an idiot then trust me someone else would be doing it.

The post is a huge rant. Period

Whispers of the Endless Paths + Clear Out.

Morning Star with Body Blows and Mule Kick.

Mob Stance + lots of Engagement Slots.

Unbending.

Disciplined Strikes.

Refreshing Defense (stacks with all deflection bonuses).

And more... fighters have lots of the good stuff.

You may have played a lot of multi and pure classes, but it seems that you didn't understand fighter yet.

The only thing that could be improved are PL 8 & 9. And Power Strike. That one is way too expensive. But I believe it gets cheaper with 2.1.

Powerstrike stays at 4 cost in 2.1, BUT the damages have increased to 200% (from 100%), it really feels like a "POWER" strike now.

What got cheaper is Inspired Discipline that went from 4 to 3. 

He gets more interesting now.  (Take the Hit got a buff too but i don't remember what it was)

They buffed almost all his HL tools that were weak.  Still don't think that Inspired Strike and Inspired Discipline are worth going for single class fighter, but single class fighter still got better.

Fighter just needs a very small addition to inspired strike so it gives a real reason to go for PL9 single class, and also needs the overall resource buff that all the single classes need.

Edited by Veolfen

Thank you.

Yes, at the moment I like fighter better in a multiclass. Except Black Jacket with Morning Star, Flail, Club and Pike. He's a great debuffer and the sooner you get Clear Out (for applying the -25/-10 debuff in an AoE) the better.

Black Jacket is also a fighter that is not boring to play. With three attacks I can bring an enemy to -10 deflection, -25 fortitude and -25 will + reflex. Bosses tremble before me...

Also try the not so boring combo of WotEP + Mule Kick and then Clear Out + Cleaving Stance. Pure fun!

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

If the OP hasnt figured out how to play fighters properly and comes onto these forums ranting about them being crappy then expect the expected.

If it wasnt me calling him an idiot then trust me someone else would be doing it.

The post is a huge rant. Period

The only thing of interest from a mod perspective is that you shouldn't call anyone an idiot. I hope that's clear enough. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Let me be clear, adding fighter to multi is fine, but not the best choice for my play style (outclassed by rogue, pali, and monk in my opinion) .

However, for solo it is not even close to other classes like Wizard. I believe the main issue of the “solo” deficiency is mediocre skills for Tier 8 and 9. In addition they are missing some mid-to-late game flavor. This is why my suggestions focused on Tier 8 and 9 skills that could even approach a level 8 of 9 Wizard Spell.

For the record, I’m not bothered by name calling, curse words, etc. Where I’m from, using “idiot” is a Tier-1 slur, laughable in fact. Even then, they are only words, simple ones at that.

• Like 2

Outclassed? Hardly. Depends on what you're looking for, really.

So you're saying that Rogues and Paladins (oh gawd especially Paladins) have much better PL8 and 9 abilities than a Fighter? Because that is not the case at all. If you're hatin', hate all classes equally, don't gang up on the poor Fighter :<

The only non-caster class that has truly attractive PL8 and 9 abilities is the Monk. Maybe Ranger. Everyone else are better off going multi.

• Like 1

Ok, to be really clear.

For multi class, when choosing a melee option, all are decent, but I find better efficiency/damage with Monk, Pali, Rogue (fighter being a close fourth).

For single class, I think Pali and Rogue could also use a bump, but fighter feels the least effective or interesting of the bunch. Ultimately my thesis is, “For solo class, Fighters need some improvement, especially compared to solo Wizard, the gold standard.”

Edited by heldred

Let me be clear, adding fighter to multi is fine, but not the best choice for my play style (outclassed by rogue, pali, and monk in my opinion) .

However, for solo it is not even close to other classes like Wizard. I believe the main issue of the “solo” deficiency is mediocre skills for Tier 8 and 9. In addition they are missing some mid-to-late game flavor. This is why my suggestions focused on Tier 8 and 9 skills that could even approach a level 8 of 9 Wizard Spell.

For the record, I’m not bothered by name calling, curse words, etc. Where I’m from, using “idiot” is a Tier-1 slur, laughable in fact. Even then, they are only words, simple ones at that.

Excactly. Someone called me an idiot in laugh.

Excactly. Someone called me an idiot in laugh.

Doesn't matter if you'd laugh, or even if the target doesn't care. Not everyone would laugh, so the rule of thumb is to treat others with respect. Which wouldn't be calling one another idiot.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Get over it princess.

If people are going to have a cry whenever they are called an idiot then that is just a reflection of there insecurities.

Go down to the local hardware store and buy a bag of cement and harden the Fck up

mkay.

No set of rules fit every instance perfectly, but the thing is we need the rules because they offer the easiest way of keeping the peace. 

If you insist on testing that theory you could lose your ability to freely post on these boards. 

• Like 3

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

I’d like for the discussion to remain on topic so a mod doesn’t shut the thread down.

As a reply to Boeroer,

I’ll may make a custom adventurer when the DLC comes out and test out one of your builds. They certainly sound interesting, and I’ve always wanted to try integrating a single class fighter on my team.

firkraag888 ---> master guardian --> no1fanboy ---> Teclis23

It's easy to create a new account.

The Black Jacket is the best candidate for a single class fighter in my opinion. He wants to get Quick Switch, Unbending and Clear Out asap and the focus of this "debuffing" via weapon modals doesn't need a second class. If you have a Black Jacket with Clear Out in the team you can quickly reduce the defense your Nuker wants to overcome by 25 while dealing good AoE dmg.

Also as I said: WotEP + Clear Out is quite spectacular and doesn't need second class. Although in this case stuff like Fighter/Monk is also *very* appealing.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2