The current state of Spiritshifting: Ideas, reworks and more

I would put vampiric at 20% at most. Maybe lower Wolf to 20% as well. I think it's a lot for a passive bonus like this, 33% sounds like too much. As for the PL talent I kind of agree on second thought, it might be too much. I like your suggestion of changing the existing talent instead. What do you think of the name "Apex Predator"? Kinda fits the whole highest power level theme no?

Edited by GuyNice

weapon are too weak after shift

each type of shift and animal companion should have one per encounter active skill

and fury only have one humanoid body type for some reason

why not just shift into a ball lightening

and add some new subclass shift into some plant based form or ooze

Edited by uuuhhii

Oh, there are lots of possibilities @uuuuhhii - i agree on that. But the ball of lightning is already linked to the Fury subclass - which is not the main focus at the moment. Maybe later.

I was also thinking about adding a completly new form but after some time i realized that its already quite hard to balance "only" the old forms. As you may have seen the whole mod changed a lot (!) in the last week(s) and only in the last days i finally think that we have reached something which i can call "the final phase" before launching a first official version.

I dont think that the Shifter Weapons are too weak if you think about all the talents it gets. More damage, more penetration, two types of damage for each form and not to forget: Powerful abilities that will hurt a lot.

However: If everything works it could maybe the time to build in some more features. We will see!

Regarding new talents: Alpha Predator would also work as a name @GuyNice - no? I think reducing Vampiric to 25% is a compromise - for now!

Okay - here we go:

New Talents:

Alpha Predator (PL9) -> +2 PL when shifted

Vampiric (PL9) -> Heal for 25 % damage dealt

I must admit that i would like to put the Reflection Talent very low cause in the last time we only considered higher tiers. Another problem is that there is no more room from PL 2-7 without killing existing talents. So if we put the chance or the percentage of reflected damage low... hmmmm... your thoughts about that one?

EDIT: STOP! There is room at PL4! Hah!!!

Edited by Harpagornis

Okay, the first tests against bigger groups were quite funny as the screen was full of red numbers even though small ones.

For now i put it at PL 5 while "Tough" went to PL4. Further tests are needed! How big has your Shifter grown @GuyNice?

Not to forget: Here is a new version. As many small things have changed it would be great to get feedback about any bugs!

Spiritshifting Evolution 0.7.zip

Edited by Harpagornis

Changelog 0.7

- Added descriptions to the animal forms and their abilities

- Added new description at character creation

- Fixed several ability names

- Added Talent at PL5 (Reflection) & PL9 (Vampiric)

- Reduced heal of Vampiric from 33% to 25%

Next step could be the ban of certain class-combos. If i can get this finally work!

Edited by Harpagornis

Okay, i finally found a elegant way to ban certain class combos:

Whenever the game detects these subclasses ingame the Shifter recieves -10 PL. This also means: Shifting between the forms will hurt him!!! :devil:

I played around with an attribute called "Heretic" that makes multiclassing with Paladins and Priests very suboptimal.

Other suggestions?

EDIT: It gets even better -> Shifting as Paladin/Shifter can also kill the character! :biggrin:

Edited by Harpagornis

I'm not sure I like that. If it's still an option in character creation then it just becomes a noob trap. It's not a real choice as it's completely suboptimal. It wouldn't affect me personally, but why is it even necessary? What's wrong with letting people choose whatever class combination they want?

It was @mant2si who complained that Paladin/Shifter would be broken. As he has plaid this game much more solo and i can see Paladin builds everywhere we thought that would be a good idea.

As i see that PL loss is not working like i want so after a reload the ability somehow gets resetted. Maybe the game doesnt like this "rule breaking". :biggrin:

Added two more talents that should make the Shifter nearly complete:

Bleed (PL4): 15% of melee damage in animal form will cause bleeding wounds that deal Raw damage over time

Lightning Reflexes (PL4): 10% chance to evade weapon attacks completly

Lots of options for the Shifter! :yes:

Edited by Harpagornis
  • Like 1