„Obsidian eyes up an Alpha Protocol remaster”

Wormerine

That sh!tsite wants me to turn off adblock, and not in "please consider it" way but "you! shall! not! pass!" way, to which my answer is always "F†ck you", so I'll just link the tweet:

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1036747936544083968

Also, screw the modern consoles, I want it on my PC! Like, right now! 

(OMG I'm so giddy right now)  :wub:

• Like 1

Clickbait.

:-D.

Yet iteresting for Obs to bring attention to such tweet. I wonder what that would mean. It might simply be a port for current gen consoles (possibly a PC remaster as well), though considering how many issues the game has I am not sure if straight up port is a great idea. A port which would also attempt to fix a core game could be great, but I can't see that happening, as that would take a lot of work.

If something is happening though, that might mean that there is a move to resurrect the IP, which is potentially exciting. I would like to see a second attempt at the idea. 

• 3 weeks later...

There will never be an Alpha Protocol again.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 3 weeks later...

Well, might be true, but a port to UnrealEngine IV (and a rerelease on GOG!) would also be some good (and pretty riskfree) thing...

(of course I´d prefer a remaster with higher ambition, remastering textures and animations as well and revisiting the balancing on Hard, but hey: Even a cashgrap remaster would be cool!)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Of course, there is a ready-made, in-universe explanation for why you could make an obvious, direct sequel that has zero references to Alpha Protocol: 

"Alpha Protocol? What's that?"

Alpha Protocol was designed to be shut down and reformed; all the characters were intelligence assets using assumed identities. You could write a brand new spy game with the exact same voice actors, using a brand new set of names that makes perfect sense in continuity. Mike Thorton is dead; Miguel Torres lives!